2bornot2b

Getting mom a tourist visa to visit----Help!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I am a US citizen. My mom lives in Malaysia and I would like to obtain a visa for her to visit me in the United States.

She is a widow and in her 70s with limited English speaking ability. And not fat bank account to show her ties to the home country.

I have paid the necessary fee and gotten the required receipt. The next step is to go online and make an appointment for an interview for my mom

I have already filled the form up for my mom but what other supporting documents would I need to make the process smoother for her? Once I have made the appointment I would have to print the appointment ticket out and send it via Fedex together with my supporting documents back to her so that she can bring them with her for the interview.

I was thinking of the following documents:

-my birth certificate

-my pay stubs and my husband's pay stubs (mine is too teeny)

-my marriage certificate

-a letter inviting my mom to visit me and explaining that I will be supporting her and paying for her trip

-copy of my passport

Questions:

1) my state, Connecticut is one of those like New York that does authorize notaries to certify copies of a document. So what should I do? I do not really want to send all my originals.

link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_copy

2)Any other documents that I should include

3)What are the documents my mother should bring (other than those of mine) other than her passport and national identity card? She is of the old school and do not possess a marriage certificate showing her marriage to my dad

On the website it just say to bring the receipt that show the fee is paid, the appointment ticket, the form, 2 2x2 photos , her passport and bank account or employer letter.

Help?

Filed: Other Timeline

You cannot petition your mom for a B2. Period.

On the contrary, establishing that your mom has not much of value in Malaysia, while she could live comfortably with her daughter and USC son-in-law will only cause the immigration people to become suspicious that she would want to spend her last days in the USA.

First, do no harm.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Timeline

Your mother needs to prove to the Consul that she will go back to Malaysia after her short visit to the U.S. Are you sending her monthly remittance every month? It will be better if she can show that you are sending her money every month to back-up your pay stubs. Does she owns a land in Malaysia? Any grandchildren in Malaysia? Relatives? Membership in a social organization or active membership in a church? She should mention those in her interview (the 'non-monetary' ties). Your 70 y/o mother should also look strong. The Consul will think that the government will pay for her health care if she's unhealthy, which can lead to your mother's visa application denial.

Tell your mother to remain calm and always smile.

No need send any of your documents.

Mom needs her original BC.

May need her MC also or evidence of such.

Sorry but unless your mom can show reasons she HAS to return home she will most likely be denied.

Only cost $131 so she may as well try. Never know. She may get lucky.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

1/ I don't think that it is a big deal to have the document's copy to be noterized. and no one ask your mom to have the original document.

2,3/ You and your husband: Tax document + A letter from you and your husband to the U.S. Consulate. It can be the same as your mom's invitation letter, but you can add emotion to it, like: it's been long that you not seeing her, you're going to have a baby, some other special occations that you want her to be there with you.

Your mom: Any of the properties' certification that your mom own in the home country.

From what I've learned. Good luck!

Green

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

I am a US citizen. My mom lives in Malaysia and I would like to obtain a visa for her to visit me in the United States.

She is a widow and in her 70s with limited English speaking ability. And not fat bank account to show her ties to the home country.

I have paid the necessary fee and gotten the required receipt. The next step is to go online and make an appointment for an interview for my mom

I have already filled the form up for my mom but what other supporting documents would I need to make the process smoother for her? Once I have made the appointment I would have to print the appointment ticket out and send it via Fedex together with my supporting documents back to her so that she can bring them with her for the interview.

I was thinking of the following documents:

-my birth certificate

-my pay stubs and my husband's pay stubs (mine is too teeny)

-my marriage certificate

-a letter inviting my mom to visit me and explaining that I will be supporting her and paying for her trip

-copy of my passport

Questions:

1) my state, Connecticut is one of those like New York that does authorize notaries to certify copies of a document. So what should I do? I do not really want to send all my originals.

link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_copy

2)Any other documents that I should include

3)What are the documents my mother should bring (other than those of mine) other than her passport and national identity card? She is of the old school and do not possess a marriage certificate showing her marriage to my dad

On the website it just say to bring the receipt that show the fee is paid, the appointment ticket, the form, 2 2x2 photos , her passport and bank account or employer letter.

Help?

Good Luck :rofl: :rofl:

xl91yv7f.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

What is most important is to prove WHY she WILL return... Showing how good things will be for her in US for her visit is NOT what will help her... Write a explaining why you want her to visit and have her get to gether ALL documentation (regardless of how insignificant) and proof of why she MUST return to Malaysia after visiting you.... It is an uphill battle... good luck

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.