y2catalyst

Red Flag List for visa denial

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I do not understand the following from Darnell. Could you or someone please state this again without the jargon and acroynms? Your advise is very important and I want very much to I understand it. (The only acronyms I recognize are GUZ and EOR.) Thank you!

2. evolution of relationship letter - if you go to GUZ - the big trick is to have it notarized at GUZ during ACS appointment. The ConOff that handles that for you, is big chance is the same ConOff that will be interviewing yer lass. When at ACS, talk a bit about the petition, but usually questions are handled at ACH, not ACS. Then - give yer lass your passport, with the EOR letter folded longways inside of it , then she gives the passport to him/her, on top of the I-134 set, during the interview ...

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-04

NVC Received : 2009-12-12

NVC Left : 2009-12-19

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-04

Timeline

ACS- American Citizen Services- do it to get your letter notarized. By appointment only

ConOff- Visa officer

ACH- Held every monday at 2 (or somethin) at GUZ, for questions about your case.

I-134- i think you know what that is...

Edited by Moonandstar

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I do not understand the following from Darnell. Could you or someone please state this again without the jargon and acroynms? Your advise is very important and I want very much to I understand it. (The only acronyms I recognize are GUZ and EOR.) Thank you!

2. evolution of relationship letter - if you go to GUZ - the big trick is to have it notarized at GUZ during ACS appointment. The ConOff that handles that for you, is big chance is the same ConOff that will be interviewing yer lass. When at ACS, talk a bit about the petition, but usually questions are handled at ACH, not ACS. Then - give yer lass your passport, with the EOR letter folded longways inside of it , then she gives the passport to him/her, on top of the I-134 set, during the interview ...

Ah - no jargon or acronyms. OK ..

Would you like an opportunity to talk with a Visa Officer, perhaps even the one that will interview yer lass, prior to interview day? One way to do this, is to go to an appointment at the GUZ IV unit, to have yer EOR notarized. The Visa Officer will READ IT, and usually make some notes in the electronic casefile on yer lass (in the computer) , and then of course notarize the EOR letter.

There are two 'entries' into the GUZ office for American citizens - one is American Citizen Services (where you get notary and us passport work done) and American Citizens HOUR - normally a USC will go to ACH to talk about a pending visa application OR talk about a denied application after the interview.

I suggest ACS here, as is possible to go almost any day of the week, and you can go prior to interview day.

ACH is a bit more 'troublesome' because NOW it's only on Mondays.

The Evolution of Relationship letter does not need to be notarized. You do not have to go to ACS to get it notarized. IMO, doing so is useful. You can give her an EOR letter without notarization, for her to hand over on interview day.

Usually, on interview day - the EOR is handed over to the Visa Officer / Consular Officer and NOT the Document Screener.

HTH!

Good Luck ! Let me know if it's still mud or no?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hey Darnell. I think I've got it now! I could have the letter notarized in the US. But your "trick" is to get it notarized by ACS, because VOs are the notaries. Very sneaky!

One last question... You say "an appointment at the GUZ IV unit." Is an appointment for notarization required? If so, any idea how to request it before I leave for GUZ?

Thanks immensely.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-04

NVC Received : 2009-12-12

NVC Left : 2009-12-19

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-04

Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There is a very long and boring list at the Immigration center on who should be denied a visa, none of those reasons was divorce.(Ex: Over staying, fraud, crime, drugs)

Divorce rates in the US are really high, the CO reviewing your case might even be divorced. Isn't it 1 in 3 marriages will end up in divorce?

Anyhow, it's not their business, just give them the proof that you got divorced and eligible to marry.

Don't worry!

Best of luck.

Not sure what you mean by "immigration center" Or by anything else you write.

There are specific things that disqualify a person. Period. The rest is discretionary based on the consulate that issues the visa. An approved petition is NOT an approved visa by any means. Getting a petition approved is fairly easy and they do not care about dates of divorce, only that it is legal and final.

The consulate is another matter and you are using a difficult one. China is also a difficult one. There, the COs apply all sorts of regional and local measures, none of which are in any book anywhere, except perhaps at that consulate in internal memos.

The OP has gotten some really good answers from some very knowledgeable members about the particular consulate he is using. He should heed that advice. It is not at all similar to what I would tell someone using Kiev, Ukraine, for example, being introduced by a relative in China is a slam dunk denial. In Ukraine it isn't even an issue. Neither is an "Evolution of Relationship letter" etc.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: China
Timeline

GUZ looks for her to have a life plan for USA. she should have employment or educational goals that are reasonable. she should have a chinese drivers liscence and an international translation so that you can begin to teach her to drive the day after she lands. if not, you will have trouble getting her a liscense in USA in a reasonable time. no matter where she gets her liscense, she will drive horribly for the first year. get used to the idea of it now. buy extra life and medical insurance.

Seriously?! Is this an actual Red Flag to not have one?

My fiancee lives in Shanghai. She either walks, takes subway, or the taxi. Americans in New York City can also do without a vehicle. Granted, we would be living in Houston, TX where having a vehicle is practical. However, her desire to take drivers education and obtain a Texas drivers license would be enough Right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

we are so F'in pissed off its unreal! been waiting over a year to get NOA2! how bout these for red flags! married to her aunt '89-99, married to her cousin '01-'08, divorced (###### ran off with her affair boyfriendJune 143, '08)final in Nov.'08, 5 months after she ran, engaged to fiance dec22, '08, filed may 14, '09 (NOA!), been to see her 4 times since for 1-3 months each time, been to Nepal a total of 14 times since '88, known fiance for 20 years! red flags? duh???

on a side note, we've compiled a big scrapbook of evidence to show at interview; pix 2g, visa copies from my/her PP's, plane passes, hotel receipts, letters from frns/family, print outs of DAILY emails and IM/webcam talks, etc.. but will they take it to look at? It sure wont fit thru those bank teller slots. ?? Friggin sux!

post-79445-12749822587287_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Seriously?! Is this an actual Red Flag to not have one?

My fiancee lives in Shanghai. She either walks, takes subway, or the taxi. Americans in New York City can also do without a vehicle. Granted, we would be living in Houston, TX where having a vehicle is practical. However, her desire to take drivers education and obtain a Texas drivers license would be enough Right?

No No No - NOT having a license in China is NO CAUSE for any red flag. Relax !

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Thanks, this is very good advice.

One question: for the 1)new EOR letter and 2)letter explanation for past divorces/petition

Is it better to:

A. Attach to DS forms that get handed in before interview in GUZ (especially if explanation was short in original petition)?

B.Or is it better to have fiance hand carry it in and present proactively without unasked (ie, stapled to divorce degree, along with pictures)

C. Have these letters ready with fiance but submit only when questioned.

Also, if unable to make it to GUZ for the interview to do on hand notarization, one can get all copies notarized by notary in the US or at any US embassy in China correct?

In addition to the letter explaining past divorce/petition, should I prepare any evidence that the past relationship was bona-fide and real for the interview?

Edited by momonster

Timeline

A. IMO, the document screeners will pitch it out, so

B. Give to Visa Officer on interview day, unasked, in the first minute of her standing there.

re: notarization - notarization is optional, to notorize at ACS was some trick to get a VO to review it prior to the interview. You can notorize or not, as long as it's included in some handover.

re: past relationship was bonafide - eek - unless there's some huge red flag (like this is your 2nd chinese fiance) then I wouldn't include that. I do note in yer prior post that you went through an AOS case from work visa prior, for a prior spouse, so I wouldn't focus so much on the bonafides of THAT marriage, as much as the DIVORCE bits.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.