Kukolka

Which father's name goes on G-325A?

5 posts in this topic

When my fiance was a child, his stepfather adopted him. His biological father gave up his rights to his children.

My fiance and his mother believe his birth certificate has his stepdad's name listed as his father. The only copy of his birth certificate that he has in his possession is a wallet card that does not have fields listing parents.

When the G-325A asks for the name of his father, do they want the name of his legal adoptive father (his stepdad) or his biological father?

My thought was to list his adoptive (step) father in the fields asking for father's information, and include a supplement like we do for other fields that are too long to fit, explaining the situation and listing the same asked-for information about his biological father. Would this be acceptable?

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
When my fiance was a child, his stepfather adopted him. His biological father gave up his rights to his children.

My fiance and his mother believe his birth certificate has his stepdad's name listed as his father. The only copy of his birth certificate that he has in his possession is a wallet card that does not have fields listing parents.

When the G-325A asks for the name of his father, do they want the name of his legal adoptive father (his stepdad) or his biological father?

My thought was to list his adoptive (step) father in the fields asking for father's information, and include a supplement like we do for other fields that are too long to fit, explaining the situation and listing the same asked-for information about his biological father. Would this be acceptable?

I would obtain the long form birth certificate as it is needed later anyway. Then use the father's name consistent with the actual birth certificate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

what i did was a little different because i was adopted before coming to the usa.....but might work for him i put my adoptive parents.

put his father that adopted him and follow it up with copy of adoption decree shows the proof

sara

I'd do a combination of what you suggest and Pushbrk's suggestion - put whatever is on his long form birth cert on the form, but also put "see attachment" which includes an explanation & other man's name. I don't see how adding more information could hurt if it can prevent confusion/RFE from the adjudicator. Include supporting evidence like adoption cert. and such.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I'd do a combination of what you suggest and Pushbrk's suggestion - put whatever is on his long form birth cert on the form, but also put "see attachment" which includes an explanation & other man's name. I don't see how adding more information could hurt if it can prevent confusion/RFE from the adjudicator. Include supporting evidence like adoption cert. and such.

Thank you, I will go this route. :)

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.