jimnlena

How do folks under 125% of poverty pay these fees?

109 posts in this topic

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
I wonder about those folks, making way over the poverty line, doing DCF :rolleyes:

This thread is a POS.

Agreed! I was getting all bothered and mentally composing an irritated, if not irate reply, but then I thought "why waste my time?"

It's like rolling your eyes and yelling at Glenn Beck when he's spouting some nonsense...

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Have a bake sale and sell "special magic brownies"!!!

If financial considerations were the only thing preventing you from starting a family and getting married, then the most of the world would be single!!! Ya cut back on other things, save and make due... or go into debt... either way... Love always finds a way!!!

Say it Again my friend! Words well spoken! Always finds a way!

Mrs T D. Blake

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

NOOB QUESTION: Isn't there a fee waiver thingy you can file? I thought I read something on here about that before?

Amby...stopbeinganOOBinpublic! :wacko::star:

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Poor People Suck

It's about time someone called "bullshit" to the notion that poor people are somehow noble. They aren't.

Poor people in America are almost always lazy, stupid, of low moral character, and are in the position they're in because of deliberately making the wrong lifestyle choices (while telling the rest of us not to be "judgmental"). Poor people eschew things such as education, hard work, achievement, and the nuclear family. Poor people hang around other losers, thus condemning their numerous ####### offspring to a life of poverty and misery. And although in America, people can work their way out of poverty and make something out of themselves, they are unfortunately filled with the poisonous philosophy of failure and are given a victim mentality by those around them from the day they are born. They are told by their friends, neighbors, parents ("baby mamas") and others that it's society's fault they're poor, and that the "man" is there to keep them down. As a result, only a small percentage of the poor actually challenge their lot in life and try to change things. Most of them make the same bad choices their parents made and end up with 3 children (from three different sexual partners) by the time they're 20.

Last week, when I heard that Japanese real estate billionaire Genshiro Kawamoto was going to loan out several of his multi-million dollar homes to homeless families (with an emphasis on single mothers), my bullshit alarm went off. The first thing that came to mind was whether or not this alleged do-gooder knew that poor people have low moral values and low regard for other people's property and would likely trash the place. Surprisingly, the next day I saw a report in which Kawamoto specifically said that he didn't care if the families caused damage to his homes. At that point, I felt that a small victory had been achieved. At least there was one person in the world willing to admit to the news media that poor people have a penchant for damaging things due to their low moral values (although that wasn't exactly how he put it, that's what he was admitting). Still, I could not figure out why a billionaire would do such a thing. If he truly wanted to help poor people, he could open schools that taught young people living in poverty how to become successful. He could have provided free lunches or lottery tickets as an incentive to the poor to show up for classes on what behaviors make one successful (hard work, delayed gratification, impulse control, and a respect for education) and which ones condemn you to a life of poverty (drugs, bastards, gambling, baby-daddy hookups, sloth, etc.). From there, he could have easily weeded out the losers from the serious people and funded college scholarships for them (combined with lessons on how to dress, speak, and act in order to be successful). If I ever became a billionaire, that is exactly what I would do.

But since Kawamoto did none of this, I was extremely skeptical as to his motives in lending out his homes to be trashed. Surely a man as successful as he is KNOWS what causes poverty and how to help people get out of it. This week, I learned the REAL reason for his actions. According to neighbors and former tenants, Mr. Kawamoto isn't the kind-hearted George Bailey he's making himself out to be. In fact, according to his neighbors, it seems that his real motivation is to get poor families to move into wealthy neighborhoods, trash their houses, let the yards go to ######, increase crime, and ultimately LOWER THE PROPERTY VALUES IN THE AREA SO THAT HE CAN BUY UP HIS NEIGHBORS' HOUSES AT A BARGAIN PRICE (then sell them at a handsome profit after kicking the poor people out of his homes).

Yes, it appears that Mr. Kawamoto has a history of some not-so-benevolent actions towards others. In the past, he has given tenants at his Los Angeles properties a mere 30 days notice to get the #### out, because he wanted to sell the property. And although I have no problem with what Mr. Kawamoto does with his own property, it is extremely disingenuous for him to be portrayed as Mother ###### Theresa for doing something that on the service seems odd to begin with (and in reality is extremely devious).

I won't bother to go into detail about the single moms who will be moving into Mr. Kawamoto's houses. Their stories are about what you would expect (one with five kids, one with several from different men, etc.). All of this just goes to prove my point about the poor. It is their lifestyle (and their unfortunate mentality that America won't let them succeed) that keeps them poor and condemns their children. And that is perhaps the most morally reprehensible thing a poor person can do: breed.

Finally, when confronted with claims from (white) people living in the multi-million dollar neighborhoods that will be negatively impacted by his scheme, Mr. Kawamoto replied, "The people who don't want to live near Hawaiians should move."

Yeah, Mr. Kawamoto... You'd like that, wouldn't you?

You're ignorant and heartless, and who are you and why are you so concerned about what this man wants to do with his MONEY! He to me is giving back the to the poor AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE...BIBLE....The wealthy is to help the poor and continue to be humble ( Not Greedy or they shall perish). I in fact pray that you will never be in the same situation as some of the people not only in America but all over the World!

Mrs T D. Blake

Timeline
:wacko:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Timeline
You're ignorant and heartless, and who are you and why are you so concerned about what this man wants to do with his MONEY! He to me is giving back the to the poor AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE...BIBLE....The wealthy is to help the poor and continue to be humble ( Not Greedy or they shall perish). I in fact pray that you will never be in the same situation as some of the people not only in America but all over the World!

Now now, don't push it.... the Bible is a work of fiction and we all know it. :lol:

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
They should raise the fee's to help stop the flow of more welfare recipients....

And while they are at it they should secure the border and eliminate birthright citizenship for the brood of illegal aliens. Section 8 housing, food stamps, WIC, AFDC, and all these other taxpayer funded freebees are a huge magnet as long as foreigners can illegally hop a fence or swim the river to give birth to a welfare ticket.

As if we don't already have enough poverty in the USA...we have to import more? How much more absurd can modern America get? Anybody that thinks this even remotely represents the heritage of the Statue of Liberty needs to spend some time in the library reading American history. Lady Liberty wasn't about an entitlement mentality that has crept into existence today.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Well I was in college when we met and in med school when we applied. Obviously I couldn't work full time in undergrad and couldn't work at all during med school. I had a full ride to college, my mom helped me out a bit with travel expenses, I saved all my part-time job money and my husband saved a bunch before he moved for the filing fees. There are lots of situations where people don't meet the poverty level and not all are because people are lazy and have no prospects. Also some of us marry people who have good jobs in their home country and have independent savings that aren't counted.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Timeline

Look here, AJ hit a nerve.

bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

Proud of you, son.

Timeline
I think God hates poor people.

Why else would he make them poor?