mayumi69

credit score?

34 posts in this topic

I work for a Bank too and credit scores can range from 150 to 900.

The Best rates for loans/home equity will be for people with a credit score above 700. If you have a credit score below 550 then you will have difficulties !

To increase your credit score you need to have credit cards not up to their max but somewhere in the middle and get rid of any store cards you don't use with no balance - close them off as this affects your score too.

Make sure all loans/creditcards/mortagages are paid on time.

If you apply for a mortgage /equity line/loan you can apply for a free copy of your credit report within 60 days as the Bank has pulled your credit score.

As a Us resident you are able to go to any of the Credit Bureaus once a year for your free copy of the report thanks to the Government.

These include Experian/Equifax and Transunion.

The scores may vary by a few points but will be pretty close.

Hope this helps.

Me - Gloucester England Him - Green Bay Wisconsin

1/10/05 Adjustment of status applied for for my son and I

1/19/05 Documents received and process started in Chicago

2/24/05 Fingerprinting and Biometrics done in Milwaukee

3/4/05 received in the post

3/7/05 Applied at local office in Green Bay for SSN

3/8/05 Received a print out of SSN number from the office and card is on it's way !

3/10/05 Got a job ! Server at Smokey Bones - will do for now while I'm looking for the right job !

3/16/05 card arrives

3/18/05 Got state ID Card

5/20/05 Appt interview letter received for 29th June 2005

6/16/05 After 3 interviews with Associated Bank have been offered a Personal Bankers Position to start on july 5th - excellent news 40 hours !!!

6/25/05 Passed my driving test !

6/29/05 APPROVED - Adjustment of status interview - Milwaukee

7/8/05 Green cards arrived for both my son and I

05/10/07 documents sent to lift conditions

05/24/07 letters rec'd extending green card and biometrics letters rec'd for 06/11/2007

06/11/07 Biometrics done in Milwaukee

04/11/08 letters received from UCIS transferring case to California from Nebraska service centre

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's average. I think 850 is the highest.

990 is the new high.

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It sounds like it's fine to me... but what do I know - the whole system is totally screwy. DH talked to a loans officer about how to improve his cruddy credit score (it's struggled up to 600 since we've been married), and he was advised to trade in the car (that we hadn't even finished paying off) and take out a bigger loan for a new one! Last year he tried to do exactly that and the car dealers told us to piss off because his credit was too bad, but this year they were happy to help us... and what's the real difference in our circumstances between then and now? Zip!

I totally fail to understand how being in MORE debt can possibly make you a better candidate for taking on yet more when you haven't even paid off the first lot...

Edited by Kajikit

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!