maximus

Anyone used the fiance' visa services

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm new to the forum and been reading a bit on the fiance' visa process and with all the paper work required I was wondering if anyone has used the fiance' visa services advertised above on this forum for $195 and if they found it to be helpfull but most of all did it actualy work in getting your visa approved.

My fiance' is from Philippines and I live here in the USA in California and I have a friend who did the visa process all on his own and got approved and now living happily with his wife and baby but he says I should do it myself and the $195 is just a starting fee so it will cost much more in the long run, and Im just a simple working class guy with limited funds and I just found out that the K1 visa will fee's will be increased again soon.

Im not sure even where to start it's a bit overwhelming with all the information, like is the first thing to submit the I129F and will I need to include her passport photos and I handwritten letter of intent to marry with that form both of which I don't have and must have her send it to me if required, then what mailing service/carrier should I use LBC or UPS.

I appreciate any guidence in my journey.

Thank you so much for this forum and the members here.

Pls, PM me with any information or tips.

Edited by maximus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!! Hope you have a speedy successful K-1 process.

You can absolutely do the K-1 Visa process without the help of an attorney or anyone. Most of us here on VJ have done all the necessary paperwork, etc. ourselves and were successful in getting our visas.

You can start by reading the "Visa FAQ" and "Guides" sections here on VJ (at the top of the page). All the information you need to get started will be in there and give you step by step instructions on what you need to do to get started.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline

I have used Filipinafianceevisa.com

Not sure if it's worth it yet...I sent my I129F and support documents to them, they found no error, and the USCIS approved it with no RFEs...so I'm not sure how good they are for catching mistakes. It's at least a good thing to have a "second eye" when you submit important documents. A lot of people here will tell you it's a waste of money and that you can do it yourself, but those same people turn around and get RFE's and other delays from personal error.

Timeline
You can absolutely do the K-1 Visa process without the help of an attorney or anyone. Most of us here on VJ have done all the necessary paperwork, etc. ourselves and were successful in getting our visas.

You can start by reading the "Visa FAQ" and "Guides" sections here on VJ (at the top of the page). All the information you need to get started will be in there and give you step by step instructions on what you need to do to get started.

Agreed.

At least read the guides before you decide to hire a lawyer.

And, continue reading if you do. It's best if you understand the process.

Aloha.

K-1

08/00/04 - Introduction, 08/02/05 - First visit, 06/29/06 - Second visit, 07/10/06 - Engaged

08/10/06 - I-129F mailed USPS

08/18/06 - NOA1 approved, 10/18/06 - NOA2 approved

10/30/06 - NVC MNL# 2006800XXX

11/03/06 - NVC letter received, 11/14/06 - USE received, 12/08/06 - Pre-interview Letter

03/08/07 - Interview - APPROVED

05/19/07 - POE Honolulu

06/28/07 - Wedding

AOS

08/17/07 - AOS, AP & EAD filed

10/09/07 - Biometrics, 10/25/07 - RFE received, 11/05/07 - AP APPROVED, 11/13/07 - AP received

11/08/07 - EAD card in production, 11/16/07 - EAD received

01/24/08 - Interview - APPROVED

ROC

11/06/09 - I-751 mailed to California Service Center

11/09/09 - NOA1 Date, 11/13/09 - check cleared, 12/16/09 - Biometrics

12/28/09 - Card production ordered - received 01/04/10

Citizenship

03/22/11 - N-400 filed

03/25/11 - Item delivered AZ via USPS Priority Mail, 10:15 am

04/20/11 - Biometrics

06/14/11 - Interview -Approved

07/05/11 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thanks for the replies so far pls, keep them coming.

With my limited funds I will probably end up doing it myself with the assistance of this forum and the members here.

Im a pretty detailed person so hopefully I wont make any mistakes that will delay the process.

Now another question is if I need my fiance' to send me required documents to the USA whats the best method to use, LBC, UPS or another type of carrier, what about standard air mail from the postal service?

From what I recall LBC charges approx. $25 USD to deliver a document package to the USA in less than 1 week but have never actually used thier service myself.

Thank you to all.

In my opinion, it's better to do it by yourselves. You have VJ to guide you and you can always post questions here.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: , yes this is very true... in our first petition we used an agency and it cost honey lots of money too... but if i found this site earlier b4 we filed it then probably i will suggest him not to take an agency, this site is very good... :thumbs: , very helpful.... and lots of tips.... goodluck to ur visa journey!!!! :star:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

If you're fiancee doesn't speak good English and isn't that sharp on computers it "could" be better to use a service that has a office they can go to in the Philippines.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

If your fiancee could gather documents on her own (birth certificate, NBI clearance, etc. in preparation for the interview) and if you both organize your papers from the initial submission of the I-129F, you are good to go. There's no need for a lawyer or a travel agency to secure anything. Besides, the VJ people are always around (24/7) to answer your questions.

Hakuna matata. God bless us all.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Timeline

I recommend using an attorney if you have 1800 bucks to spare (thats what it will end up costing). It has been great for Ana and I. We filed and were approved in exactly 120 days (4 months). She had her interview last week.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

A lawyer doesn't help cases to get approved faster. A lot of people received their NOA2 within 1.5 to 3 months without having any lawyer. It's just CSC or VSC that decides and a lawyer has no power to intervene or so. Make your documents complete and well-organized. That's it.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

If your fiancee could gather documents on her own (birth certificate, NBI clearance, etc. in preparation for the interview) and if you both organize your papers from the initial submission of the I-129F, you are good to go. There's no need for a lawyer or a travel agency to secure anything. Besides, the VJ people are always around (24/7) to answer your questions.

Hakuna matata. God bless us all.

Travel Agency? :wacko: That why some really need help!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

The ‘majority’ of people can and do file a K-1 visa successfully on there own with out any set-backs or denials, and some don’t! It’s all in the planning and preparations. One does not plan to fail they just fail to plan, with that said if you have the time to invest and feel comfortable with the process go for it!

Some people’s time is more valuable or they simply don’t wont/can’t deal with the paperwork so they enlist the services of an attorney or visa service. If your one of them hire someone to do the job. Only you know if you can handle the job. Read the ‘Guides’ spend some time on the site and ask question!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.