isitasham

K-1 (I-129F form) - Question 18 - Clarification

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

Can I get some feedback on how to arrange the photographs and story of meeting your fiancee etc. in the past 2 yrs. (Q 18 on I-129F)?

1. Someone suggested to have the most recent meeting and photos first and then going back in reverse order with older ones in the last.

2. Or does it make sense to arrange the picture-story starting with how you first met and then whatever followed after that - thus having the latest pictures in the end?

3. Should I have the description/narrative in the same order as the picture-story -- i.e. having a sheet of paper describing the meetings and dates etc. and then have the pictures arranged in the same order?

4. The fourth option is to have the have the description/narrative in the order as in item 2 above, and arrange the picture-story as in item 2 above (reverse order) ?

Any thoughts ?? What would make it easy for the CO to understand?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hello All,

Can I get some feedback on how to arrange the photographs and story of meeting your fiancee etc. in the past 2 yrs. (Q 18 on I-129F)?

1. Someone suggested to have the most recent meeting and photos first and then going back in reverse order with older ones in the last.

You only need one meeting within the last 2 years. Only one, not one hundred.

2. Or does it make sense to arrange the picture-story starting with how you first met and then whatever followed after that - thus having the latest pictures in the end?

You only need one meeting within the last 2 years. Only one, not one hundred.

3. Should I have the description/narrative in the same order as the picture-story -- i.e. having a sheet of paper describing the meetings and dates etc. and then have the pictures arranged in the same order?

Two sentences should do it. How and when did you meet. Just answer the question; no need for a novel. KISS

4. The fourth option is to have the have the description/narrative in the order as in item 2 above, and arrange the picture-story as in item 2 above (reverse order) ?

Please stop. Only one meeting and a very short description; use two sentences.

Thanks!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

What we did is that we made an extra page for the question about how we met. We explained our love story in about 10 lines. And each time we said "we went there together..." (please see picture one), "we met there..." (please see picture 2).

Then my fiancé glued the pictures to a piece of paper and wrote under each of them our names, place and date.

When I got my visa they sent me back the pictures we had provided for the I-129F.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello All,

Thanks!

Wow, sounds like you are off to a great start writing that novel, but for your 129F it is best to keep it short, simple and to the point. Remember you are dealing with the US Government, keep it simple and easy for them! LOL

1. You only need 6 or at most 8 pictures total of your visits. Sounds like you want to send an entire photo album. All your pics need to be properly labeled on the back with dates/names etc. I did not arrange the pics in any order, just put them in an enveloped marked "pictures". Again, all pics were properly labeled on the reverse.

2. I went to visit my fiancee' 3 times prior to our 129F, I had 7 pictures total in my 129F.

3. My Q18 statement was not quite 1/2 page long and double spaced for easy reading. BRIEF 4-5 sentences on how we met per visit, what we did during my visits (sight seeing, shopping, dining out, meeting her family etc).

Congrats to you and your soon to be wife.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks all for the input......... well taken......... though for some who may think I am overdoing this, they should be thankful they are not dealing with Delhi, India consulate. I have been denied a K-1 the first time......... there are some real clowns in that consulate if you didn't know that......

So I thought I would err on the side of overdoing it rather than not enough.............

Thank you much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.