vwtj

preparing evidence for my husbands interview Jan 11-10

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi VJ family, im gathering all of my email, copies of text msgs, and phone logs from PINGO and AT&T.

No JOKE i have 2 years worth of phone logs. its such a large stack of paper, and this is not counting the other documents i have to send. my husband HATES GOING to the cafe, weve talked on the phone everyday sometimes twice a day since we met in 2007, so i dont have many emails. i have lots of text msgs from him and his family members that ive included as evidence. Im putting everything in a notebook binder. ( is this ok, or does someone have a better suggestion)

should i send 2 years worth of phone logs? im trying to figure out a way to not send over a 100 sheets of phone logs. what did you guys do as far as phone records, how did you slim it down?

As evidence ive included the following:

1. airline ticket stubs from my trips to ghana,

2. wedding photos, photos with family members, hotel receipts, wedding ring receipt, wedding invitations.

3. anniversary card sent from my husband, birthday cards sent from his family members, "i saved the cards and the mailing envelopes" fedex receipts from gifts i mailed to his family in ghana.

4. letters confirming hes been added to my health and life insurance policies.

5. copy of medical card, 2 notarized letters written by my daughter and best friend to verify the marriage

Also in his package i made copies of all INS, and NVC documents, 3years of taxes, recents pay stubs, etc. i had him to update his police report, its only good for 6months. even though they should have these documents at his interview, i made an extra copy for him to have just in case they CLAIM they dont have something.

So How do I look!!!! please feel free to add any suggestions. i need your help to minimize these phone logs. Oh!! im going to FedEx these documents to him, thats why i have to be careful with the weight of the packet. Thanks for your help. Van

USCIS:Filing-CR-1 8/2/08 got married in accra ghana

9/5/08 mailed I130 chicago lockbox 9/8/08 I130 received at chicago lockbox

9/11/08 check cashed 9/15/08 NOA1 received in mail ( CSC) 9/16/08 USCIS update info on website

01/24/09 RFE notice by email (sad & worried)

01/27/09 received RFE in my P.O.BOX, requesting i take new passport size photo of MYSELF, this time write information on back of photo in pencil, i sed black felt pen per I-130 instructions.

01/27/09 took new passport size photo of myself, mailed off corrected RFE USPS EXPRESS MAIL

01/29/09 received email from USCIS request for evidence received and case processing resumed

02/05/09 TOUCHED!!! prayn for no RFE"S

02/06/09 I-130 APPROVED!!!! received email from USCIS 02/09/09 received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

NVC

02/09/09 NVC case# given today (very nice operator)

2/13/09 NVC sent form DS-3032 to me & beneficiary i emailed ds3032 to nvc

2/19/09 received AOS Bill & copy of ds-3032 in the mail

2/20/09 tried to pay AOS online, made mistake typing my first name, i think payment was rejected.

2/23/09 hubby mailed faxed copy of ds3032 to nvc st.louis.(still hasnt received his copy from NVC)

02/23/09 AOS bill shows PAID!!!!, YAY!! will mail I-864 now.

3/4/09 mailed AOS (I-864) USPS express mail (will mail ds230 in april after my trip to ghana)

04/03/09 paid IV Bill online

04/09/09 USPS expressed mail:: DS230-IVBILL to NVC:: 4/10/09 NVC received DS230

4/14/09 DS230 being reviewed

4/22/09 CASE COMPLETE AT NVC ( per operator & AVR)

12/3/09 email from NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Ghana Embassy. Visa Approved. 2/5/10 received visa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hey vwtj, what you have sounds pretty good, but I have read in other posts here on VJ that you will want to keep your binders under 1" thick, as that can cause problems passing through the window at the embassy. As far as the phone logs, maybe just a monthly sample from each year, so they get the Idea, but if you don't mind shipping it over, it couldn't hurt. I wish you both the best!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

A dozen pages of phone logs -- with a covering note that there are 125 more pages -- should suffice for the interview. Find some way to express over the other pages (FedEx is far too expensive, US Postal Service may not be) in case he wants to carry them to the interview. The big need is to organize all the paperwork at your end, so that he can take your packet as is, in the appropriate sequence ,etc.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am must say am really impress with your preparation. For me since they want evidence of ongoing relationship I would advice to send everything but for the phone I think you can minimize it like taking few from each month. Other than that everything you are planing to send EXCELLENT. I am wishing you and your husband all the best of luck and cant wait for you to tell us that he been approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.