JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey, we must all be just a little round the bend to have embarked upon a trans-Atlantic relationship in the first place :P :P :P

You have a good point there. :lol:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Yeah, Justine+David posted a link to the embassy's site, and you've no idea how excited I was when saw it...I read all 35 pages looking for my case number, until it was pointed out that I could just enter the number in the search box :lol: When it wasn't there I was about to panic, until I realised that it was for NON-immigrant visas, and of course the CR1 doesn't fall into that category, so back to nothing :bonk:

Anyway, you might all hear good news tomorrow, so the very best of British :thumbs:

Hi Tree. well it really does seem like we're in the same boat then, up the creek, without a paddle !I was informed today that despite USCIS completing my case, there is still some sort of dispute over the decision :blink::unsure::wacko::huh::(:crying: So I am not even in AP (i wish I were) I am trying to dig deep and continue on as we must all do..(talk about the old Dunkirk spirit :lol:) and I hope you all hear something today to cheer you up (F)

Edited by city2countrygirl

Timeline

Looking grim for an update today.

I kind of figured we wouldn't see anything change today.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Hi Tree. well it really does seem like we're in the same boat then, up the creek, without a paddle !I was informed today that despite USCIS completing my case, there is still some sort of dispute over the decision :blink::unsure::wacko::huh::(:crying: So I am not even in AP (i wish I were) I am trying to dig deep and continue on as we must all do..(talk about the old Dunkirk spirit :lol:) and I hope you all hear something today to cheer you up (F)

Hi C2C-

I am so sorry to hear about your latest set-back and am also having a hard time getting my head around the fact that they are now disputing the decision???? :unsure: Gosh...is there any hope for us?? Please know that we are thinking about you and looking for a favorable response. No news for the rest of us - no suprise there :bonk: Take care and keep us posted.

Your wonderful spirit is uplifting :star:

Traci

event.png

Well Monday has come and gone now and the chance of an update tomorrow is unlikely as they always try and do it weekly if possible, so as the last update was on a Wednesday, my best guess would be that they will update us then... Unless of course they want to make everyone suffer the extra 2 more days for a Friday update :devil: ... I hope not !!! :help:

USCIS have managed to complete 9 cases in the last 30 days which works out to be 2.25 cases per week... however their average for completed cases since October 2009 has only been 1.3 cases per week.

So you can look at this in several ways, either they have pulled their finger out and have increased the completed cases by almost 1 per week, :wow: or you could say that 2.25 cases per week is rubbish and 1.3 cases per week is pathetic.. :bonk: I will leave it up to you to decide which way you see things. :whistle:

Anyway lets hope that they can complete some more cases very soon.. USCIS if you are reading this, then please try and get through these cases faster as the waiting that we all have to do is just wasting our lives, we all want to be reunited with our Wifes/Husbands ASAP and this process is just wasting our life day by day, week by week and month by month... I hope you get the picture. :thumbs:

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Timeline

C2C, I can't believe you have yet MORE delays. I sure hope you get good news soon!

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi C2C-

I am so sorry to hear about your latest set-back and am also having a hard time getting my head around the fact that they are now disputing the decision???? :unsure: Gosh...is there any hope for us?? Please know that we are thinking about you and looking for a favorable response. No news for the rest of us - no suprise there :bonk: Take care and keep us posted.

Your wonderful spirit is uplifting :star:

Traci

Hi Traci. thank you for your kind thoughts, I know we are all going to make it with our sanity intact, the human spirit is capable of a lot more than we know :yes: please do not be disheartened by the sluggishness completing my case, my months of trawling these forums indicate that most cases are dispensed of fairly quickly once the case is completed. However,I think that this is (yet another) bad time of year as everyone is trying to get their holiday visas sorted and with the new system, this has tripled the workload at the Consulate, apparently the people who interview are the same people who issue the Visas so they've got a very heavy workload right now. (F)

Oh no...what are they doing???? I honestly wonder if they realise how much impact they have on people's lives? Once again I say, by all means carry out checks, certify the validity of relationships etc, and of course the sheer number of cases they're dealing with means things aren't immediate, but this really is something else :(

Only today I received an email from an American firm advertising the fact that their sale was about to end or something similarly trite, and they used a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "How much of human life is lost in waiting" and I wanted to yell at the screen 'there's no point telling me, I know that, tell that to those making us wait!'

Anyway, I do hope that you, and everyone else, gets good news really soon, probably when you're least expecting it!!

Oh no...what are they doing???? I honestly wonder if they realise how much impact they have on people's lives? Once again I say, by all means carry out checks, certify the validity of relationships etc, and of course the sheer number of cases they're dealing with means things aren't immediate, but this really is something else :(

Only today I received an email from an American firm advertising the fact that their sale was about to end or something similarly trite, and they used a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "How much of human life is lost in waiting" and I wanted to yell at the screen 'there's no point telling me, I know that, tell that to those making us wait!'

Anyway, I do hope that you, and everyone else, gets good news really soon, probably when you're least expecting it!!

Hi Treehugger -

You couldn't have come across a better quote to sum up our current statuses....our lives have been put on hold for months...years...waiting for the higher ups to make "our" future life decisions...So much time wasted - only getting brief glimpses into what living together might be like through short visits here and there :crying: - Seems so unfair that our lives have been reduced to a stack of papers and decisions are formed based on what they read and how they interpret it...having to prove to perfect strangers that our relatonships are real! :angry: While I understand the need for all of these procedures - the need to keep our country safe, some sense of compasion for those of us going through this arduous process would be greatly appreciated. But, alas, I know, we are just numbers in a computer system waiting to move up the que... how dehumanizing this has all become.....

Sorry, I will get off my soapbox now... it's just what Treehugger wrote really struck a cord with me. All I want is to be with my husband - living all of those dreams we have talked about - having a "real" life....finally being able to say "yes" I am complete and I am truly happy!! :yes:(L):yes: Surely this isn't too much to ask of you - USCIS???? Let there be some good news for all of us soon!!!! :thumbs:

Take care everyone -

Traci

event.png

Let there be some good news for all of us soon!!!! :thumbs:

Take care everyone -

Traci

Hi Traci,

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to upset you or anyone else reading this :( You probably don't follow the AP Tracker thread, but four people this week alone have finally received their visas, another one about a week or so ago, and there's been some kind of 'movement' in another two cases (incidentally perhaps the two longest cases with AP status going well over a year)...so, take heart, some of the positive vibes coming out of the 'black hole' are coming your way :D

AP is at DOS, and I understand waivers are at USCIS, so it seems it's a different bunch of people working on both, but you never know, some of that productivity might rub of!!!

Wishing everyone all the best :)

Tree

PS And it's only Wednesday,who knows there might be more good news before the weekend :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by treehugger

Hi Traci,

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to upset you or anyone else reading this :( You probably don't follow the AP Tracker thread, but four people this week alone have finally received their visas, another one about a week or so ago, and there's been some kind of 'movement' in another two cases (incidentally perhaps the two longest cases with AP status going well over a year)...so, take heart, some of the positive vibes coming out of the 'black hole' are coming your way :D

AP is at DOS, and I understand waivers are at USCIS, so it seems it's a different bunch of people working on both, but you never know, some of that productivity might rub of!!!

Wishing everyone all the best :)

Tree

PS And it's only Wednesday,who knows there might be more good news before the weekend :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hi Treehugger-

Nah, you didn't upset me - hope I didn't upset anyone with my rant... it was just one of those days and I was venting my frustration over no update again :angry:.

That is wonderful news about the AP movement at the DOS - I hope you are right and some of the DOS productivity rubs off on the USCIS!!!! Hey USCIS if you're reading this the DOS is looking much better than you!!!! :lol:

I hope this movement means good news won't be far off for you!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Monday is a holiday for the Embassy, so I'm hoping maybe they want to clear off their desks before the long weekend (hint, hint)

Take care everyone - despite my frustration I am still trying to stay positive that an end is in sight soooooon for all of us - we've made it this far that says something for our group!!! Either we're all nuts or very much in love - I personally think it's the later. :thumbs:(L)(L)

Traci

event.png

Hi Treehugger-

Nah, you didn't upset me - hope I didn't upset anyone with my rant... it was just one of those days and I was venting my frustration over no update again :angry:.

That is wonderful news about the AP movement at the DOS - I hope you are right and some of the DOS productivity rubs off on the USCIS!!!! Hey USCIS if you're reading this the DOS is looking much better than you!!!! :lol:

I hope this movement means good news won't be far off for you!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Monday is a holiday for the Embassy, so I'm hoping maybe they want to clear off their desks before the long weekend (hint, hint)

Take care everyone - despite my frustration I am still trying to stay positive that an end is in sight soooooon for all of us - we've made it this far that says something for our group!!! Either we're all nuts or very much in love - I personally think it's the later. :thumbs:(L)(L)

Traci

Don't worry, I can only speak for myself, but it just came across as frustration at the bureaucracy involved, and of course we can all identify with that!!

Thanks for your empathy...Monday is indeed a Bank Holiday which is why I'll be emailing the embassy on Tuesday for my 'exactly four weeks since the last' update :P As far as I know my case is in mandatory processing, ie Washington namechecks etc, so I know there's not much the embassy can really say or do, but it'll have been ten weeks this coming Monday :(

There's a thread over on the UK forum where a couple of posters are saying all cases go through AP (which is actually true) so not to worry if you're told that after your interview, especially as it covers a multitude of sins, and another poster saying yup, 'I panicked and started stressing but actually got my visa within ten days, not too bad'. Ok, so they were lucky, and I'm exceptionally unlucky as I don't fit the AP profile as a British woman, but if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. And when you're told AP you don't know it's 'only' going to be ten days...when I found out that I was in AP almost three weeks after my interview I thought it was because the embassy had forgotten to ask me for my extra passport photos and that when I sent them in I'd be on my merry way...little did I know that it wasn't a case of missing photos and that coming up to ten weeks later I'd still be waiting :( :( :( And before I start feeling too sorry for myself, there are people who've been in AP and have been given the run-around far, far longer than I have. All too easy to say 'don't worry' when you're not the one in the 'black hole' or on the waiver list and your life is on hold, and you get your visa without too much if any delay :ranting: :ranting:

Sorry, rant over. All smiles again :) It's almost Friday - hopefully at least a few of you will be hearing good news!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.