JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Maybe I'm the only one here, and I'll only hear crickets in my little thread, but, just in case.... :P

Guess I'll start the thread by posting the waiver list, as I'm sure we'll all want to keep an eye on that :bonk: :

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/forms/i601_status-web.pdf

Maybe we could use this forum to hang out, complain, scream, cry, or whatever. From what I understand, it's going to be a bit of a wait, and everybody can use some support and prayers through this process. It helped me to have comrades from the June 2009 & September NVC threads, but with all of the approvals pouring in, and me getting denied, I feel a bit left behind. :(

By way of introduction, my husband has been denied due to a 28 yr old CIMT and now that it goes to London, we'll most likely be slapped with a misrep due to him visiting me on the VWP. Our waiver was sent, but I don't believe it'll actually be considered "filed" until real close to January, so I thought maybe it would be prudent to name our thread "2010"

What's your situation? How long have you been waiting? What do you do to cope and survive this process?

Has anybody been tracking the pending/review/completed lists recently?

My heart goes out to all of you who share my agony at not knowing what the future holds. Hard to invest in a relationship when you don't know if it will ever be given the opportunity to reach its fullest potential. :hehe:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Good thread to start, Julie. I had never seen that link to the Waiver status before. This is excruciating.

IR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Met: 2004-07-12

Marriage : 2006-06-22

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-15

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-18

NVC Received : 2009-09-02

Paid AOS fee: 2009-09-07

Mailed AOS packet: 2009-10-08

Receive IV Bill : 2009-10-29

Pay IV Bill : 2009-10-29

Packet received: 2010-04-07

Packet lost in the mail: 2010-06-01

Packet resent: 2010-06-16

Packet delivered to NVC: 2010-06-22

Packet entered into NVC system: 2010-06-28

RFE: 2010-08-10

Documents received: 2010-08-18

Notice of Interview Date: 2010-09-13

Medical: 2010-10-19

Interview Date: 2010-10-26 - DENIED

I-601 Waiver Application Mailed: 2011-02-17

Receipt of Waiver Application Notice: 2011-02-23

I-601 Waiver APPROVAL Notice: 2011-10-10

Passport returned with visa attached: 2012-01-24

Move to USA: 2012-02-29!

Timeline
I'm not waiting anymore for our Visa.....but just wanted to say good luck with everything!!!!! You can always send a PM if you need to talk!!!

-Sarah

Thanks, Sarah - you heading to the UK? How exciting!

Good thread to start, Julie. I had never seen that link to the Waiver status before. This is excruciating.

Oh Chipsy, Chipsy...the things we do for these men we love. :wacko:

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
I'm not waiting anymore for our Visa.....but just wanted to say good luck with everything!!!!! You can always send a PM if you need to talk!!!

-Sarah

Thanks, Sarah - you heading to the UK? How exciting!

Oh Chipsy, Chipsy...the things we do for these men we love. :wacko:

Julie I know the feeling " left behind" may god make this wait shorter for you and approval decision.

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Timeline
We're headed to the UK in January for a short visit...any news on your waiver???

Enjoy your visit. :thumbs:

No news here, except that the Embassy confirmed they received the check I sent over. I was worried because it hadn't been cashed after 2 weeks and the post office couldn't confirm delivery. I hated to call and risk being labeled a "pest," but I needed to know if everything had been received. It would completely suck to sit here patiently and then find out that everything was delayed because I was trying to be mannerly.

The woman I spoke with was really nice, but cut me off mid-question to provide unsolicited details about how things would proceed from here. The jist of what she wanted to convey was that we should be patient because we are in for a long wait.

Juuuuuuust wanted to find out if our check was received. :blink: It makes you realize that they must get pretty used to people calling to request a status.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Enjoy your visit. :thumbs:

No news here, except that the Embassy confirmed they received the check I sent over. I was worried because it hadn't been cashed after 2 weeks and the post office couldn't confirm delivery. I hated to call and risk being labeled a "pest," but I needed to know if everything had been received. It would completely suck to sit here patiently and then find out that everything was delayed because I was trying to be mannerly.

The woman I spoke with was really nice, but cut me off mid-question to provide unsolicited details about how things would proceed from here. The jist of what she wanted to convey was that we should be patient because we are in for a long wait.

Juuuuuuust wanted to find out if our check was received. :blink: It makes you realize that they must get pretty used to people calling to request a status.

hi justj how long ago did he travel on the vwp and how many times i ask as i had cimt from 22.5 yrs ago and had misrep for traveling on vwp. the misrep got overturned by the aao and they also concluded that i am rehabed but they still wont give us a visa but we are now refiling instead of appealing against aao and it will at least be dealt with in London. : :unsure:

Timeline

Hi CH. I think we may have bumped into each other on another site?

My husband traveled multiple times on the VWP during the past 4 or 5 years. My husband was honest when he answered the questions on the landing card. It was only later that we found out he had misinterpetted the question about CIMT. We were sickened, as you can imagine, and he has not been back since.

We really have no idea how this will go. We didn't try to trick anybody or hide anything. We laid it all out in the open, even listing very old crimes that didn't show up on the police report.

If honesty isn't good enough, then.... :huh: Nothin' else we can do.

I won't be able to afford to appeal further. Immigration and attorney fees have nearly bankrupted me. I can't leave my mother. It's an impossible situation.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi CH. I think we may have bumped into each other on another site?

My husband traveled multiple times on the VWP during the past 4 or 5 years. My husband was honest when he answered the questions on the landing card. It was only later that we found out he had misinterpetted the question about CIMT. We were sickened, as you can imagine, and he has not been back since.

We really have no idea how this will go. We didn't try to trick anybody or hide anything. We laid it all out in the open, even listing very old crimes that didn't show up on the police report.

If honesty isn't good enough, then.... :huh: Nothin' else we can do.

I won't be able to afford to appeal further. Immigration and attorney fees have nearly bankrupted me. I can't leave my mother. It's an impossible situation.

silly question but whats a 28 yr CIMT?Is it to do with overstaying on the waiver programme?

Timeline
silly question but whats a 28 yr CIMT?Is it to do with overstaying on the waiver programme?

It's a Crime Involving Moral Turpitude.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All..

I just wanted to chime here if i may..

Myself is also from the uk and been through the dreaded 601 waiver myself there in London some yrs ago for a overstay in the us..

Anyways....it was a very stressful time indeed as i was stuck in the uk while my usc wife and son was in the us.

At that time the process time for the waiver was anything from 8/16wks which was'nt that bad, when you see other's.

after 10 wks i had a call from the Embassy in London saying my waiver was Approved...

I went through a lets say a.... crazy/stressful situation & 30mths from when we first filed the 130...

We filed the 601 waiver there and then when i knew i was going to get denied my i130...also i we had our H/S/L ready there & then.. so this will get the ball rolling asap..

Now several yrs later im looking to apply for my usc to be done for good with my friends (NOT) at the uscis one more round Ding Ding..LOL

Bottom line is im saying here....DON'T GIVE UP HOPE !

If i can be of any help please just ask....

God Bless

ps...If you guys want me to post my hardship letter on here lo give you a insight, then let me know..

I went for my CR-1 interview on the 12th of November 2009 and was put in AP. The case was then returned to the US on the 20th Jan 2010. I have subsequently been advised that the petition is denied due to being present in the US illegally for a period I have yet to find out. Whilst I was in the US I had been informed that I was there illegally and put into removal proceedings and sought voluntary departure and thus departed the US and am not liable for any bans.

As we have had our petition denied due to this period of illegal status and been found inadmissable :-

1/. I assume the petition is dead and thus we have to re-file and submit a waiver?

2/. What waiver would we have to submit?

3/. Would we submit the waiver with a new I-130 application?

4/. Where is the waiver submitted to?

5/. What cost is this waiver?

6/. Would I be able to obtain a visa to visit my wife in the USA, since the original I-130 is dead?

7/. If able to obtain a visa to visit my wife, how long would they allow me to visit her for?

If there is any more pertinent questions I should ask please be free to tell me. At this moment in time we are very distraught having submitted our original I-130 in Oct 2008 and dread the thought of yet more immigration stresses.

Obviously this was an area that had we known about prior to the injterview we would have submitted a relevant waiver for this. I am just at this point in time fragile but like us all who have fallen foul of some misdemenour whether by accident or ignorance just wish to be with my beloved wife.

Thankyou for reading

Arthur and Roberta

Timeline
Bottom line is im saying here....DON'T GIVE UP HOPE !

ps...If you guys want me to post my hardship letter on here lo give you a insight, then let me know..

Thanks for telling us your story and for offering us hope. Honestly, it helps. This process often feels so hopeless. When you're distraught, who is the person you want there by your side? Right, your spouse. It's hard. I'd love to see your HSL.

Something happened in the past wee while in London, I think. Folks say it is a lot harder & longer to get through there. Still, I guess we're luckier than others - some places take much, much longer to adjudicate.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline
I went for my CR-1 interview on the 12th of November 2009 and was put in AP.

A/R:

I'm confused - you have to file your I-130 all over again? Was it approved and you were then denied at the interview? If that's the case, I don't understand why you can't file your waiver now. Maybe somebody can help us figure it out. If you were denied at the interview, it sounds like your I-130 was approved but then you were found to be inadmissible for a visa, which is when you file the waiver of inadmissibility.

Holy smokes, I wonder if they can't find one of the little forms that you return as you exit the US. I've heard of that happening before, and people have had to do that request under the FOIA.

How did they inform you that you were in the US illegally? How had you entered? Under a visa? Or using the VWP?

I can't answer many of your questions, but I wish I could. I can only tell you that our I-130 was approved, but at the interview in Dublin, my husband was denied a visa. We were ready at that time and handed over the I-601 waiver right then & there. Some embassies allow this - others do not. I'm pretty sure London does. The waiver fee at this time is $545. I'm not sure about visiting, as one of the questions they ask is if you have immigrant intent. Some people have come in as a tourist, but were carrying concrete proof that they were going back, such as bills, letter from employer, etc. Those visits were never for over 90 days. I would check very seriously into this, as you do not want to add a "misrepresentation" charge to your list of reasons why you can't get a visa.

Although I can't help much with the technical stuff, I can help with the emotional bull$hit. Believe me, we all know how much this hurts. I know you and your wife are desperate to just be together and build a future. There's no security, no level ground. It's hard to find motivation for anything when this is all you can think about. Try to stay positive. Just look at Nigel above - they made it. You will too.

Where were you all this time - in the US? Or UK?

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.