JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi C2C

Are you calling the premium Megabucks helpline number up in Scotland, where the operators have no access to any information or files, or are you calling in on another London Embassy phone number?

The reason I ask, like you I called up the Premium rate line and was told zip, they had no idea about my case, the only thing they could tell me was "that they could not tell me anything" as I was not on the system?

However when I aquired a phone number for the embassy, I asked this rather busy sounding Chinese woman who answered the phone if our case has been processed yet, she asked me for my case number and after about 5 minutes returned to the phone told me "they have found it on a desk of a worker who is on holiday and will now be processed goodbye... and then they hung up"... no sorry or explaination as to why it had been overlooked. anyway after this call we got notification about a week later that our case was recieved and being processed.

So I think it may be worth a call to see if you can get any info at all, even if they say go away it is worth a try. :thumbs:

Regards

Andrew

Edited by city2countrygirl

Timeline

Hi C2C

Are you calling the premium Megabucks helpline number up in Scotland, where the operators have no access to any information or files, or are you calling in on another London Embassy phone number?

The reason I ask, like you I called up the Premium rate line and was told zip, they had no idea about my case, the only thing they could tell me was "that they could not tell me anything" as I was not on the system?

However when I aquired a phone number for the embassy, I asked this rather busy sounding Chinese woman who answered the phone if our case has been processed yet, she asked me for my case number and after about 5 minutes returned to the phone told me "they have found it on a desk of a worker who is on holiday and will now be processed goodbye... and then they hung up"... no sorry or explaination as to why it had been overlooked. anyway after this call we got notification about a week later that our case was recieved and being processed.

So I think it may be worth a call to see if you can get any info at all, even if they say go away it is worth a try. :thumbs:

Regards

Andrew

Edited by city2countrygirl

Timeline

Thank you for that Andrew, yes i have been calling the Visa helpline number in Scotland but I tried calling the Embassy 9000 number but as it is re: a visa they just refer me back to that number, but I will try and get another number somewhere. :huh:

Hi again, sorry the computer sent more than one! anyway I called the 9000 number again and spoke to a lady who said 'well it must have gone thru to AP' she didn't seem to grasp what i was saying but ultimately referred me to faxing the Visa section :bonk: I will try this but i have no reason to expect any more response than to my e-mails, but its all worth a try I guess :rofl:

Hi C2C

I was searching some other websites to see if I could find out what could be causing the delay in your I-212 application, I found this info:

"We were told by London that if we just had the I-212 to submit then it would be processed differently and London would have to send it to the United States and it takes much longer to process. Since we filed the I-601 along with the I-212, both are processed in London and therefore they say the waiting time is 6-10 weeks"

So it depends on if you just filed a I-212 in which case it will be longer to process as it has to go back over to the USA, however if you also filed an I-601 at the same time it should all be dealt with in the US London Embassy?

I don't know your circumstances, but I hope this helps explain the delay you may be experiencing if it was just the I-212 that you filed.

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Hi Everybody

My wife Traci came across a very imformative PDF file whilst searching the web for more I-601 information.

This is the official PDF file from the USCIS sent out to Adjudication Officers in remote offices like the London US embassy

You can find this form here > I-601 Adjudication Officer Guide PDF

This handbook enables you to see exactly what they are looking out for as well as all the paperwork processes they have to follow, it is long but rather interesting and my guess would be that after reading this you would have a greater idea of what the adjudicator does his his/her time.

If it manages to help anyone then great, it will have been worthwhile posting.

Take care

Andrew

event.png

Timeline

Hi C2C

I was searching some other websites to see if I could find out what could be causing the delay in your I-212 application, I found this info:

"We were told by London that if we just had the I-212 to submit then it would be processed differently and London would have to send it to the United States and it takes much longer to process. Since we filed the I-601 along with the I-212, both are processed in London and therefore they say the waiting time is 6-10 weeks"

So it depends on if you just filed a I-212 in which case it will be longer to process as it has to go back over to the USA, however if you also filed an I-601 at the same time it should all be dealt with in the US London Embassy?

I don't know your circumstances, but I hope this helps explain the delay you may be experiencing if it was just the I-212 that you filed.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew, thank you for takng the time to help me out. I had to file an I212 and it was adjudicated and completed in London, the department of state has been informed of its findings and now I am just waiting for them to request my passport to stamp in the Visa, I was expecting it to be within days of that notification and now its five weeks ago :huh: I am way beyond fed up, frustrated, depressed blah blah blah and am now just nonplussed and just feel like throwing it all up in the air and finding a cave somewhere :blink: Tell me though, was it the London Embassy 9000 number that you called when you got that good info ? (F) Edited by city2countrygirl

Hi Andrew, thank you for takng the time to help me out. I had to file an I212 and it was adjudicated and completed in London, the department of state has been informed of its findings and now I am just waiting for them to request my passport to stamp in the Visa, I was expecting it to be within days of that notification and now its five weeks ago :huh: I am way beyond fed up, frustrated, depressed blah blah blah and am now just nonplussed and just feel like throwing it all up in the air and finding a cave somewhere :blink: Tell me though, was it the London Embassy 9000 number that you called when you got that good info ? (F)

Hi C2C,

Thanks for the info on you case. Chin Up!!! Please don't give up - I definitely know how frustrating the not knowing & waiting can be :wacko::angry:, but you're sooooo close. I can't wait to be where you are right now. Hang in there C2C!!! My fingers, toes & eyes are crossed hoping that we will all have some good news very soon!!! We're all here for you :yes: Take care...

Traci

event.png

Timeline

Hi C2C,

Thanks for the info on you case. Chin Up!!! Please don't give up - I definitely know how frustrating the not knowing & waiting can be :wacko::angry:, but you're sooooo close. I can't wait to be where you are right now. Hang in there C2C!!! My fingers, toes & eyes are crossed hoping that we will all have some good news very soon!!! We're all here for you :yes: Take care...

Traci

Thank you Traci, you made me cry but thank you :thumbs: it is good to know I'm not alone.(I'm just not having a good day I guess) It would really help though if someone who had gone through this would help us out and tell us their waiting times, but i guess we're SOL there. Very best of Good Luck to you and Andrew and hope your case is resolved soon (F) .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

C2C, I hope you find some answers soon. How frustrating! Can you ask your congressman to check into it for you? My senator was pretty much worthless, but my congressman's office has been much more helpful (and sympathetic).

Peeps, I am dying a slow death here. No update today AGAIN. I can't take much more of this.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Sorry guys :(

It looks like the good old USCIS adjudicators are on holiday :whistle: as it seems like they have reached hometime on Friday without updating us.

Well I hope you all have a great weekend, I guess we will have to wait and see if they are good enough to update us all on Monday instead. :crying:

Regards

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Timeline

When's the next holiday with chocolate? That's when we'll be updated. Seems they move on holidays associated with candy (Valentine's Day, Easter).

Frankly, I'm about all in. I really can't take much more. I'm sure that would make them happier than any heart-shaped box or Cadbury egg I could offer.

Edited by JustJ

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline

When's the next holiday with chocolate? That's when we'll be updated. Seems they move on holidays associated with candy (Valentine's Day, Easter).

Frankly, I'm about all in. I really can't take much more. I'm sure that would make them happier than any heart-shaped box or Cadbury egg I could offer.

Hang in there J and try to continue to do anything that keeps you busy and takes your mind off it if you can, lose yourself momentarily in movies and books, I know its hard but you have to go on, what is the alternative? i'm sure for you and many others here, it doesn't bear thinking about. Dig deeper and it will, one day be over, just try to stay upbeat and, very importantly maintain your relationship with your husband as best you can when you're so far apart and share your dreams and talk about how great it will be when you're together, it works for me (F)

Thank you Traci, you made me cry but thank you :thumbs: it is good to know I'm not alone.(I'm just not having a good day I guess) It would really help though if someone who had gone through this would help us out and tell us their waiting times, but i guess we're SOL there. Very best of Good Luck to you and Andrew and hope your case is resolved soon (F) .

Ahhhhh C2C - hope it was just tears of thankfulness knowing that you aren't alone in your quest for happiness.... (L) I think you are correct - I think we are SOL on getting any much needed support from those who have completed this process - they appear to have definitely moved on - all the more reason we all need to stick together - We've become a little online family. Hope you have a busy weekend planned to help you pass the time. No updates for the rest of us today - hopefully that means they are working hard to bring us good news for next week???? Yah, I know...wishful thinking :bonk:

Please take care,

Traci

event.png

Hey JustJ,

If I thought it would help I'd send a case or 2 of Hawaiian Chocolate their way. I know you've had a rough week, I'm so sorry....hang in there... I'm not suprised there was no update - I've been analyzing Andrew's spreadsheet and the update page until my eyes went bonkers :blink: - Unfortunately all of the cases currently under review (with the exception of 2) are new - put on the end of March. If the averages hold true than hopefully there should be some movement next week - possibly into the following week. At least that's the logic I am using to keep myself sane... otherwise I would be at wits end too... :wacko: You can't give up - whose shoulder will I cry on!!! Take care - we're here for you...

Traci

event.png

Timeline

Thanks, Traci, it has indeed been an unbelievably rough week.

C2C, I'm not sure if this will help you, but maybe this thread is the same problem as yours?

http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?14513-I-212-Approval-Notice

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.