JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

It'll come as no surprise, J, that I agree with everything you said. Thanks for the empathy - it really does help. Even before this AP mess I found others really don't understand just how stressful this process is, and now that we're on hold...I think I'd have lost my marbles if it weren't for everyone here :thumbs:

It's slightly easier for my husband as his daily routine hasn't changed, he 'just' wants his wife back. On the other hand I'm of course much more directly involved in the whole thing, whether it's attending medicals or interviews, packing, saying goodbyes etc, but it's not just that. I also gave up my job, and there's no chance of going back, so it seems like I have nothing to do but wait around. I've started looking for voluntary work, and perhaps some short online courses all in order to try and keep myself busy. I'm even contemplating asking for my passport back, as I'm not used to the idea of not being able to travel and I'd like to be able to go away with my husband if this goes on for much longer, but at the same time I worry if I ask for it back it'll delay things further.

It's not only about wanting to be with one's spouse, but it's the feeling that one's entire life is on hold. Life's too short as it is, and to spend it in limbo like this is just torture. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Ok everyone, it's the weekend! Over on the AP tracker thread we're celebrating the sixth visa recieved this week, and encouraging news about another three...let's hope that the month of May is a very happy one for the rest of us :) :) :)

WOW Andrew... You ROCK :thumbs: At the risk of sounding 'trite' I hope it gets something moving for you all stil waiting on the Waiver List, and please try to have a nice weekend, even though it means an extra day of inactivity and if you're like me you just can't wait until Tuesday. And Tree: I won't get any good news when I least expect it, as that is a big part of our problem: Like you, I'm expecting some news every minute of every day and the day I'm not expecting it will be the day I give up altogether, which will not come. take care everyone and stay in Love (F)

So true, c2c, but I thought that we agreed that this whole process wasn't very rational, and that we're all a bit mad :P I use every trick I can think of to take my mind of things whilst at the same time hoping that the next time I check my email (which is several times a day :whistle: ) or that even the next time the phone rings, it'll be good news from the embassy or my husband.

I called the DOS twice today, and the second lady was much more helpful, and based on what she said it seems it's true that contacting one's Congressman/woman helps, even if it is only a little bit. Have you and your SO given this a try yet?

Edited by treehugger

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well i phoned the embassy today to find out if our i-601 had been passed to DHS and was told still waiting for memo which we have been told for the last 3 weeks or so that is all that it was waiting for, so i phoned my wife Laury who got the same lunatic on the phone i got to be told that actually our i-601 is still sitting on somebody's desk under 2 other waivers that are before ours, so we are looking at at least another 2 or 3 weeks which will make it about 10 or 11 weeks since they have had it. The thing i don't get is the visa unit don't make the decision DHS do, We were also told that they don't have enough staff to deal with it all. My wife was told be the same woman several weeks ago that the whole process from start to finish 4 months lol...

It'll come as no surprise, J, that I agree with everything you said. Thanks for the empathy - it really does help. Even before this AP mess I found others really don't understand just how stressful this process is, and now that we're on hold...I think I'd have lost my marbles if it weren't for everyone here :thumbs:

It's slightly easier for my husband as his daily routine hasn't changed, he 'just' wants his wife back. On the other hand I'm of course much more directly involved in the whole thing, whether it's attending medicals or interviews, packing, saying goodbyes etc, but it's not just that. I also gave up my job, and there's no chance of going back, so it seems like I have nothing to do but wait around. I've started looking for voluntary work, and perhaps some short online courses all in order to try and keep myself busy. I'm even contemplating asking for my passport back, as I'm not used to the idea of not being able to travel and I'd like to be able to go away with my husband if this goes on for much longer, but at the same time I worry if I ask for it back it'll delay things further.

It's not only about wanting to be with one's spouse, but it's the feeling that one's entire life is on hold. Life's too short as it is, and to spend it in limbo like this is just torture. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Ok everyone, it's the weekend! Over on the AP tracker thread we're celebrating the sixth visa recieved this week, and encouraging news about another three...let's hope that the month of May is a very happy one for the rest of us :) :) :)

Hi Treehugger -

Totally agree - I am in the same boat as your husband - just waiting for my hubby to finally set foot on US soil. :whistle: He also did vouluntary redundancy thinking our waiver would be done shortly and he could use the "short" time off to get his affairs in order while he waited for the Embassy to ask for his passport...little did we know.... It's good that you are thinking of ways to keep busy. Anything to help the time pass more quickly!! Tough decision on asking for your passport back - definitely don't want to do anything to delay your case further.... I hate not knowing what my next move is too.... everyone keeps asking how things are going... sure get tired of saying "still waiting" :dead:

Well, at least you are getting some encouraging news on the AP side!!!! :yes: Let's hope next week brings more good news for your side and some movement on the waiver side!!! :thumbs:

Enjoy your long weekend

Traci

event.png

Oh Tree... :( I'm so sorry. I know how it goes - you brace yourself for the worst news, and yet, you somehow hold out hope. I feel like that when I click the link to check the list. I tell myself not to get excited, that it probably hasn't changed. But preparing myself still doesn't take away that sinking feeling that accompanies reality.

This past change was the worst. They updated on the 29th with April 30th at the top, as if to say, yeah, that's right, we didn't complete any. And we won't be completing any TOMORROW either. :pop:

Reading the adjudicator's manual has given me some insight. It sounds like the file goes from this person to check A, then to another to check B. At each stop, I'm sure the file gets behind other files, and if the employee is on holiday, it stalls.

I'm resigned to go about my business here as if I'm not even on that list. For a while, I was freaking out about it, but all that did was raise my anxiety level. It did nothing to mow my lawn, till the garden, cut down this winter's firewood, etc. So I'm starting all that next week. My husband has planted his own garden. He tells me that he won't be there to harvest any of it, but just in case we are denied, or end up like poor C2C, he won't starve.

Things were much easier for me when we first filed our I-130. I was braced for the 6 months they said it would take. This last wait seems to be the worst - maybe because it's the last.

I absolutely agree with you JustJ - life was much more bearable when we were waiting on the I-130 - We had timelines to look at, we got NOA1's and NOA2's and expected a wait. Now we're dealing with the unknown...and it is the worst wait, and you're right I think it is because we have finally reached "the end" ??? My frustration level is through the roof - I am going to try to borrow some advice from you and keep myself busy this weekend so that I have no spare time to think about my current situation.... I feel like I am going to lose it soon if things don't start moving.... :girlwerewolf2xn:

Take care and have a nice weekend!! Pray that next week will bring us all good news!!!

Traci

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just dropped off a fruit tray in the AP thread from all of us. :rofl:

I seriously think I might be cracking up. :lol: Ah well, I hope it brings a smile, as I'm sure they are short in supply in that thread as they are here.

The good news is that I've reached a point in my novel where I'm writing from a very violent point of view. My anger and frustration have FINALLY come in handy! What a great way to unleash some of those feelings. I highly recommend it.

It's a new week soon. I know we won't have news tomorrow, but at least it's a fresh week with new hope. I want everybody to get out and away from their computers this week - do something constructive. Plant a flower box, go buy yourself some new clothes, crack open a new book (one that ISN'T a how-to on immigration), write your spouse a love letter, or whatever floats your galley.

We gotta get some positive energy flowing again! :luv:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

I am dropping in from the AP thread thanking you for the fruit tray :lol:. May we share some of our wonderful dishes with you. Anyone feel like indian food? :lol:

Thanks Starlight95 - Some Balti Chicken, Naan Bread & Onion Bhajias would be lovely - :lol:

Traci

Edited by Andrew-Traci

event.png

Timeline

Would you believe that I have NEVER had Indian food?

What would you suggest for a newbie who hates even the smell of curry? :help:

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Thanks for the fruit tray :) Had to smile at one of the responses regarding cultural food, as in the US I found 'an ethnic British food shop'...mind you as he was selling clotted cream for my homemade scones I didn't care what it was called! :rofl:

Hi Treehugger -

Well, at least you are getting some encouraging news on the AP side!!!! :yes: Let's hope next week brings more good news for your side and some movement on the waiver side!!! :thumbs:

Enjoy your long weekend

Traci

Weekend's almost over...let's hope we all get some good news, we want some happy dancing :P

Thanks for the fruit tray :) Had to smile at one of the responses regarding cultural food, as in the US I found 'an ethnic British food shop'...mind you as he was selling clotted cream for my homemade scones I didn't care what it was called! :rofl:

:lol: My hubby made the mistake of introducing me to clotted cream... thought I died and went to heaven!!! :dancing: Rather have that than chocolate any day !!! The trip before last we bought a small insulated bag and filled it with frozen ice packs and clotted cream. Bought some good scones and strawberry jam. All survived the 25 hour trip home so I was able to share a bit of heaven with the girls in the office. Darn I miss clotted cream..... :wub:

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Would you believe that I have NEVER had Indian food?

What would you suggest for a newbie who hates even the smell of curry? :help:

Hi Julie, try the Tandoori chicken, it is not a curry and is delicious, I could eat it every day - I'm hoping that the rather large Indian population of Houston will be able to indulge me on a regular basis (should I Evaahh get there) meantime, keep planting, harvesting, and keeping busy, love your most recent posts, they are much more positive and less despairing, keep it up, it will all be done and dusted very soon, I'm sure.. :luv: Oh and despite being English I've never had clotted cream or had 'high tea' with the Queen :lol:

Edited by city2countrygirl

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

So true, c2c, but I thought that we agreed that this whole process wasn't very rational, and that we're all a bit mad :P I use every trick I can think of to take my mind of things whilst at the same time hoping that the next time I check my email (which is several times a day :whistle: ) or that even the next time the phone rings, it'll be good news from the embassy or my husband.

I called the DOS twice today, and the second lady was much more helpful, and based on what she said it seems it's true that contacting one's Congressman/woman helps, even if it is only a little bit. Have you and your SO given this a try yet?

Hi Tree.. My SO's Congressman's office has been contacted during this nightmare but it seemed like they had no experience in these things and not very interested in getting any ! and after reading several accounts on here and other forums I have concluded that there is a great possibility of nothing useful coming of it.. also it could even harm ones case, I've e-mailed and received 'under review' replies and apart from that, I'm just like you and have to get through every day as best as I can and just wait for the e-mail or the phone call, I am lucky really, despite everything there are some who are worse off around the world, so I try to count my blessings and not wish my life away too much :huh: . Good Luck for this week (F)

Timeline

Hi Julie, try the Tandoori chicken, it is not a curry and is delicious, I could eat it every day - I'm hoping that the rather large Indian population of Houston will be able to indulge me on a regular basis (should I Evaahh get there) meantime, keep planting, harvesting, and keeping busy, love your most recent posts, they are much more positive and less despairing, keep it up, it will all be done and dusted very soon, I'm sure.. :luv: Oh and despite being English I've never had clotted cream or had 'high tea' with the Queen :lol:

Thanks, C2C. It's the new POSITIVE me. I'm just sort of "trying it on," admiring it in the mirror & such. :lol: Like everything else, I'm sure it'll eventually wear out. :lol: It is truly hard not to despair. Patience was never my strong point. B-)

There aren't an abundance of Indian restaurants here in the sticks of Pennsylvania, but if I ever get to one in the city, I will try the Tandoori. :luv: Right now, I'm eating one of my masterpiece salads - spinach, arugula, tomatoes, black olives, green olives, capers, garbanzo beans, croutons, and parmesan cheese. All sprinkled with balsamic vinegar. It's my standard lunch & I never get tired of it.

I noticed yesterday that my garden greens are growing. It won't be long before I'm eating freshly grown lunches. The strawberries are green yet, but they have huge, and I do mean HUGE, berries on them. In a few weeks, I'll be feasting. Here's hoping that my husband will be here to enjoy them with me before the plants are exhausted. :)

I've been writing a novel, but I have discovered some new motivation for completing it and getting published. If I am ever given a voice, you can bet your a$$ that I will write a novel taht will somehow, some way, get our sufferings onto the bestseller list. :D

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.