JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Hi JustJ,

I am glad to hear that you made it back safely. I know how you feel... having to leave Andrew and travel 8,000 miles 'home" - I have no words to adequately describe how it made me feel :crying: I know your heart isn't where it wants to be, let alone your mind and body. As Andrew stated previously - keep busy!! I pour myself into things to make the time pass faster - 3 months have already come and gone since I left London...

Advice to ALL ...Communication - we know what happens when we don't do that :bonk: Express your fears - concerns, your relationship will grow stronger through this.

When I feel really down I look back through all of the pictures we took and think about all of the good times we have had -Then I remember what all of this waiting is for... to be able to spend the rest of my life with the man I am so deeply in love with :P(L)(L)

Hang in there... our day is coming and all of this waiting will be behind us....

Take care JustJ - Hugs Traci

Edited by Andrew-Traci

event.png

Hi JustJ,

I am glad to hear that you made it back safely. I know how you feel... having to leave Andrew and travel 8,000 miles 'home" - I have no words to adequately describe how it made me feel :crying: I know your heart isn't where it wants to be, let alone your mind and body. As Andrew stated previously - keep busy!! I pour myself into things to make the time pass faster - 3 months have already come and gone since I left London...

Advice to ALL ...Communication - we know what happens when we don't do that :bonk: Express your fears - concerns, your relationship will grow stronger through this.

When I feel really down I look back through all of the pictures we took and think about all of the good times we have had -Then I remember what all of this waiting is for... to be able to spend the rest of my life with the man I am so deeply in love with :P(L)(L)

Hang in there... our day is coming and all of this waiting will be behind us....

Take care JustJ - Hugs

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I was very disheartened when I saw C2C's post - Guess I figured once you got the Waiver approval it was smooth sailing... :(

If there is anyone out there reading this who has completed/been approved on their waiver and have gotten their visa in their passport could you please reply and let us all know what the procedure forward was - how long did it take??? Please share your experience. Any insight you can give us would be greatly appreciated as I am totally in the dark about all of this... :help:

To all of us waiting - hang in there - we all need to stick together.... I know the waiting and constantly checking for updates is agonizing. Kudos to my hubby for creating his spreadsheet to keep us all informed (L)

Take care,

Traci

Hi Traci, I am sorry that you were disheartened as I purposely didn't post on this site for that reason but I was transferred from the other sites as I was getting nowhere and I knew that Graeco had also got through so, as you can imagine, after all this time I was grateful to get some feedback even though his situation is different from mine. I too thought that it would be a matter of days before I'd be up and away into my fiance s arms and my new life, and here I am, with no notion of what is going on. I have called the Embassy 'extortionline' several times to no avail and e-mailed with no response. It COULD be that since the ESTA they are so much busier, I know that doesn't help much but at least it stops me from thinking that I could be in the black hole they call AP. But do take heart that Graeco's case is going ahead with no problem, albeit not the same category as mine. And yours and your husbands contributions here are very valuable to all of us,, keep up the good work and good luck with everything :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

C2C, stick with us. We need to know how it all turns out for you.

Maybe they'll make you file that I212 thing? Isn't that for permission to re-enter after voluntary departure, etc?

I returned to a serious mess. Mom fell, a co-worker got fired (and I inherited her work), and I'm just plain depressed. But I have new photos and new memories to sustain me.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Timeline

C2C, stick with us. We need to know how it all turns out for you.

Maybe they'll make you file that I212 thing? Isn't that for permission to re-enter after voluntary departure, etc?

I returned to a serious mess. Mom fell, a co-worker got fired (and I inherited her work), and I'm just plain depressed. But I have new photos and new memories to sustain me.

Hi J.. sorry to hear of your further woes and I hope your mother recovers quickly. No - the whole 212 thing is finished and now its in the Embassy/Consulates hands, considering it took over a month to get to USCIS, I suppose I can expect it to take just as long on the way back ! - I tell myself these things in my eternal quest to stay sane, :blink:

Timeline

C2C,

While the USCIS is particularly iconoclastic on not handing out info via telephone, email, etc...

I've always heard that the visa branch at the embassy is a little bit more accomodating. Have they confirmed that they've received notice of your approval yet?

Hi Todd, thanks for taking the time to respond.. No I have heard absolutely nothing, I've called several times and the very nice Scots operator can see nothing to tell me, and my numerous e-mails have also gone unanswered. It just seems like I've been forgotten or am at the bottom of a very big pile that they'll get around to sometime. meantime life goes on without me. I really would like to hear from someone who has gone through this but it would seem like anyone who has got their deal done and could enlighten us further have abandoned us :(

Hi Everyone

I hope USCIS can update us again this Friday, even though they updated us again last Monday and they had the Easter break.

They should be able to update us tomorrow (Friday 16th April) because last Friday's update contained the same PDF document from the 1st April 2010 (April Fools Day) but with the date changed? :whistle: and the update on last Monday added one more case to the pending pile.. :thumbs:

So no movement of cases since 1st April 2010 which means that it will have been 16 days since any movement occurred with the exception of the one addition.. Now if the USCIS stick to the 1.3 case average (Cases from Pending to Complete) per week then they should owe us in the next update 3 completed cases, based on 16 days = 2.3 weeks times by the average of 1.3 cases = 2.99 cases or rounded to 3. :bonk:

I am trying to make this a science, :wacko: but as we all know this is far from science and not even logical, so my best guess would be that USCIS should hopefully post tomorrow (Friday) as normal and have at least 2/3 completions or some more movement of cases from pending to under review.

Traci & I just hope we are one of these completed cases, as we have been waiting the longest under "Pending" 140 days, and so far we will have been at "Under Review" for 16 days tomorrow and the average is 22 days for "Under Review" to "Completed". :wow:

Anyway lets hope we get an update tomorrow & good luck to everyone. :P

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Hi Todd, thanks for taking the time to respond.. No I have heard absolutely nothing, I've called several times and the very nice Scots operator can see nothing to tell me, and my numerous e-mails have also gone unanswered. It just seems like I've been forgotten or am at the bottom of a very big pile that they'll get around to sometime. meantime life goes on without me. I really would like to hear from someone who has gone through this but it would seem like anyone who has got their deal done and could enlighten us further have abandoned us :(

Hi C2C

Are you calling the premium Megabucks helpline number up in Scotland, where the operators have no access to any information or files, or are you calling in on another London Embassy phone number?

The reason I ask, like you I called up the Premium rate line and was told zip, they had no idea about my case, the only thing they could tell me was "that they could not tell me anything" as I was not on the system?

However when I aquired a phone number for the embassy, I asked this rather busy sounding Chinese woman who answered the phone if our case has been processed yet, she asked me for my case number and after about 5 minutes returned to the phone told me "they have found it on a desk of a worker who is on holiday and will now be processed goodbye... and then they hung up"... no sorry or explaination as to why it had been overlooked. anyway after this call we got notification about a week later that our case was recieved and being processed.

So I think it may be worth a call to see if you can get any info at all, even if they say go away it is worth a try. :thumbs:

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Traci - Andrew

event.png

Timeline

Hi C2C

Are you calling the premium Megabucks helpline number up in Scotland, where the operators have no access to any information or files, or are you calling in on another London Embassy phone number?

The reason I ask, like you I called up the Premium rate line and was told zip, they had no idea about my case, the only thing they could tell me was "that they could not tell me anything" as I was not on the system?

However when I aquired a phone number for the embassy, I asked this rather busy sounding Chinese woman who answered the phone if our case has been processed yet, she asked me for my case number and after about 5 minutes returned to the phone told me "they have found it on a desk of a worker who is on holiday and will now be processed goodbye... and then they hung up"... no sorry or explaination as to why it had been overlooked. anyway after this call we got notification about a week later that our case was recieved and being processed.

So I think it may be worth a call to see if you can get any info at all, even if they say go away it is worth a try. :thumbs:

Regards

Andrew

Thank you for that Andrew, yes i have been calling the Visa helpline number in Scotland but I tried calling the Embassy 9000 number and they just refer me to the Visa helpline number as it is to do with a Visa, but I will try and get another number somewhere. :huh:

Timeline

Hi C2C

Regards

Andrew

Thank you for that Andrew, yes i have been calling the Visa helpline number in Scotland but I tried calling the Embassy 9000 number and they just refer me to the Visa helpline number as it is to do with a Visa, but I will try and get another number somewhere. :huh:

Timeline

Hi C2C

Regards

Andrew

Timeline

Hi C2C

Regards

Andrew

Timeline

Hi C2C

Regards

Andrew

Thank you for that Andrew, yes i have been calling the Visa helpline number in Scotland but I tried calling the Embassy 9000 number but as it is re: a visa they just refer me back to that number, but I will try and get another number somewhere. :huh:

Timeline

Hi C2C

Regards

Andrew

Thank you for that Andrew, yes i have been calling the Visa helpline number in Scotland but I tried calling the Embassy 9000 number but as it is re: a visa they just refer me back to that number, but I will try and get another number somewhere. :huh:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.