Roosterwife

My ROC Nightmare

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You can read my timeline for the all the details so far, but here's the latest.

On November 29 I called customer service to find out the status of my case, which has been pending since December 2008. I was transferred to an IO, who looked up my case, said she couldn't see what the hold up was, and that I would hear something back within 30 days.

Today I received a letter telling me to make an appointment at my field office to find out the status of my case. What on earth??????? Why couldn't they just tell me the status in the letter????

So I called the customer service line, spoke again to an IO, who looked up my case and said that as far as he could see, it looks as if I'm going to be called for an interview!! WHAAAAATT??

After almost a year, during which the USCIS has apparently done NOTHING on my case, and just as I'm about to apply for citizenship (next week), they want to call me for an interview??!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated and angry this makes me. I see people on this forum being approved left right and center after just a few months, and this entire process has been a nightmare for me. I have made an Infopass appointment for tomorrow morning, but I swear, regardless of waht they tell me I'm going to submit my application for citizenship next week. I'm not going to jump through hoops for the I-751 at this late stage only to have to do it all over again in a few weeks (hopefully) for the N400.

Count yourself lucky if you case is approved in a timely fashion and without incident. That has certainly not been my experience and it makes my blood boil.

N-400

12/14/09 Mailed application to Lewisville, Texas

04/23/10 Sworn in. America's newest citizen!

I-130

04/26/10 Mailed parents' applications to Chicago

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

10/05/10 I-130 approvals for both parents received

You can read my timeline for the all the details so far, but here's the latest.

On November 29 I called customer service to find out the status of my case, which has been pending since December 2008. I was transferred to an IO, who looked up my case, said she couldn't see what the hold up was, and that I would hear something back within 30 days.

Today I received a letter telling me to make an appointment at my field office to find out the status of my case. What on earth??????? Why couldn't they just tell me the status in the letter????

So I called the customer service line, spoke again to an IO, who looked up my case and said that as far as he could see, it looks as if I'm going to be called for an interview!! WHAAAAATT??

After almost a year, during which the USCIS has apparently done NOTHING on my case, and just as I'm about to apply for citizenship (next week), they want to call me for an interview??!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated and angry this makes me. I see people on this forum being approved left right and center after just a few months, and this entire process has been a nightmare for me. I have made an Infopass appointment for tomorrow morning, but I swear, regardless of waht they tell me I'm going to submit my application for citizenship next week. I'm not going to jump through hoops for the I-751 at this late stage only to have to do it all over again in a few weeks (hopefully) for the N400.

Count yourself lucky if you case is approved in a timely fashion and without incident. That has certainly not been my experience and it makes my blood boil.

Good luck tomorrow...hope all goes well, keep us posted after the Infopass appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck tomorrow - and yes, apply for your citizenship as soon as you are eligible. If it helps any, many ROC interviews are conducted because of 'statistical 'reasons - they need to interview a specific number of individuals and they are randomly selected by a computer. I hear you about the frustration though - my ROC took a year to be approved as well. So, hang in there and good luck. (For what it is worth, the N-400 is the easiest part of the whole process - and the fastest).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Just got back from the USCIS office. The IO told me that my case has been in Nebraska (!) since early November and that it is still being processed. She said once they've finished processing it the file will be returned to Miami so that an interview can be scheduled. She claimed that EVERYONE who applies to remove conditions is interviewed (which I know is rubbish, but whatever). She then cancelled my current I-551 stamp (valid till Feb 2010) and gave me another one, valid til December 2010. When I asked when I could expect to hear something, she said sometime around March 2010!!

I don't even have words to express my anger and frustration at this point. I plan to apply for my citizenship next week and hope that this whole thing will take care of itself. Believe me, I cannot wait to be finished with the USCIS. Their incompetence, lack of empathy and accountability is truly astounding.

N-400

I-130

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

Timeline

I just called the customer "service" line. I spoke with an IO and then her supervisor, who told me that regardless of what it says on the website, these cases take at least a year to be adjudicated. He said that my case in in California (not Nebraska) and that they have no other information available. His advise was to sit and wait.

I would really love to hear from anyone who is/was in a similar position. Please talk me off the ledge!

N-400

I-130

05/03/10 NOA 1 from CSC

Filing for natz when you're eligible will force adjudication of the I 751. I would focus on that and forget about the ROC. As long as you have something to prove that your status is valid while you wait on natz, I wouldn't be bothered.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
I just called the customer "service" line. I spoke with an IO and then her supervisor, who told me that regardless of what it says on the website, these cases take at least a year to be adjudicated. He said that my case in in California (not Nebraska) and that they have no other information available. His advise was to sit and wait.

I would really love to hear from anyone who is/was in a similar position. Please talk me off the ledge!

Similar position? No, not for removal of conditions. That went well.

But my husband waited 18 months for his conditional green card.

As Kathryn and Tracy have said, there's a solution for your problem and that is to file for natz. There was no solution for my husband other than to wait it out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ya the lack of accountability is insane. It seems like the entire government and especially that branch can do anything they want whenever they want. Yet if I am a day late paying my taxes, LOOK OUT!

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just got back from the USCIS office. The IO told me that my case has been in Nebraska (!) since early November and that it is still being processed. She said once they've finished processing it the file will be returned to Miami so that an interview can be scheduled. She claimed that EVERYONE who applies to remove conditions is interviewed (which I know is rubbish, but whatever). She then cancelled my current I-551 stamp (valid till Feb 2010) and gave me another one, valid til December 2010. When I asked when I could expect to hear something, she said sometime around March 2010!!

I don't even have words to express my anger and frustration at this point. I plan to apply for my citizenship next week and hope that this whole thing will take care of itself. Believe me, I cannot wait to be finished with the USCIS. Their incompetence, lack of empathy and accountability is truly astounding.

You can say that again.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

I totally agree. The least efficient organization in the entire universe.

I am amazed when I call their support center and their reply is "there is no way we can pull your information". #######??????

I would like to quote my previous boss (when I was a student at the university) which I feel it applies here:

"I'll get a monkey to do your job"

I think that summarizes it all!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

To me it seems like they do bad job on average: I mean really, what company would do an I-751 which probably takes about 15 mins for a case for 4 months and charge you $500? That would be laughable in corporate world.

The people's expectations are so low already that 3 months (for Vermont center) is AWESOME. And some people say it is because they have so many applicants bla bla. What? You're paying pretty good money: hire more employees then.

And occasionally someone's file gets tossed in the corner and they forget about it for a year it seems like and unlike a company that would start looking for it nervously in order not to annoy you too much, they just don't care: lack of accountability.

I am sure a lot of you will disagree with this but I wish they increased fees but made it faster: I'd pay 2k for I-751 if i could have it done within 3 days and get it out of my head: there should be an option at least.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I think they charge and arm and a leg to begin with :)

anyway, what bothers me is that we pay for this and they act like they don't have to answer to anybody, they keep the paperwork for as long as they want and nobody says a word to them. The best is when you call them they'll read info off their website like I don't know how to read in English, I need someone to read it to me. ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ty nuk te kam zemer, te kam shpirt, se zemra vdes nje dite por shpirti s'vdes kurre.

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

I am in a similar position, although I have not been waiting quite as long. I called last week and I was told that my case is still being processed. I file the N-400 February 19, 2010. Oh! ~ I also had the pleasure of having to do biometrics three times...

03-03-09 I-751 mailed to VSC

03-06-09 I-751 received at VSC

03-10-09 Check cashed

03-26-09 NOA1 received

03-30-09 Biometrics Appointment Notice

04-03-09 Can 'see' my case online USCIS

04-15-09 Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta

04-16-09 Touched

07-13-09 Waiting for something, anything...

07-31-09 Received my SECOND biometrics notice ...wth?

08-22-09 Second Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta: picture only this time

08-24-09 Touched

08-25-09 Touched

09-14-09 Received my THIRD biometrics notice

09-26-09 Will try a 'walk-in' in Atlanta ~ successful: picture only, again

09-28-09 Touched

09-29-09 Touched

09-30-09 Third Biometrics Date

12-02-09 Called USCIS: case still being processed

02-08-10 Waiting...

02-19-10 Called USCIS: Completed a service request based on my case being outside processing time

03-05-10 Info Pass scheduled in Atlanta for extension stamp in passport

03-10-10 E-mail received: Card production ordered - I can't believe it, finally! (Time = 1 year & 1 week)

03-23-10 10 Year Green Card Received

02-19-10 Eligible to file N-400

02-28-10 N-400 mailed to Texas

03-04-10 N-400 received in Texas

04-07-10 Biometrics

06-04-10 Service request

07-21-10 Interview & Oath Ceremony same day in Atlanta - Visa Journey over!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.