tackymonkey

Post DCF visa interview "review"

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I wish I could write here with better news, but my spouse just had his interview today in Frankfurt and we are really confused by the outcome.

I did not work last year...like many of us my employment sector was hurt by the bad economy (so we knew that would be an issue) but I went ahead of him to the US to take up my fantastic new job to prevent any "trouble" with sponsorship and even provided them with an offical employment letter and first paystub to seal the deal.

Well, my spouse must have gotten the most grumpy women there becasue she was rude from start to finish and at the end told him she was putting our case under "review".

Mind you, she even admitted to him that she could find NOTHING else other than the fact that my earnings were low last year. I even submitted previous tax years with high earnings!

We feel that she personally did not like him, so decided to make trouble, but that's besides the point and not the point of my post.

So can someone please enlighten me as to what "review" means after the DCF visa interview and how long its going to delay us? Days, weeks, or I am going to need to return to Europe and give up on the idea of moving my family back to the US altogether? becasue I'm so fed up that's what I'm about to do...

Ask yourself this question: how rediculous is it that I am being told, no you cannot move to take a new job with your spouse becasue you didn't have a a job last year!!!!! Sorry, that not what she said, she only said "review" but that is pretty much what she implying by putting us under "review" just for that. OMG!

And please, dont's even say the word co-sponsor ( been there done that) and we do not have one, period.

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Review can be anything.

Recently another VJ'er commented that during their DCF interview the CO commented that there has recently been instruction out to the consular staff regarding the Affidavit of Support given the current economy. So this could be influencing your particular CO.

From what you say in your post it may be the newness of employment that is the question mark. With more time at the new postion and a few more paystubs that may relieve the CO's concerns of your spouse becoming a public charge. It would show that you will indeed have this income going forward.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Review can be anything.

Recently another VJ'er commented that during their DCF interview the CO commented that there has recently been instruction out to the consular staff regarding the Affidavit of Support given the current economy. So this could be influencing your particular CO.

From what you say in your post it may be the newness of employment that is the question mark. With more time at the new postion and a few more paystubs that may relieve the CO's concerns of your spouse becoming a public charge. It would show that you will indeed have this income going forward.

Thanks Anh map, I hope you are right. But it was her kurt remarks and insolent behavior that gives me worry. My husband told me she did the same thing (yelling) at two previous people at her window. You would think she had the maturity to keep things professional no matter what she encountered prior.

So you think that is it then? That they are going to issue an RFE on more paystubs? She didn't issue an RFE, and they kept his passport. In fact they guy at the window before her told my husband everything looked great and he thought my husband would have the Visa inside seven days. So what is her problem and how much damage can she do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
If they kept his passport that is a very good sign that it won't take that much longer.

:thumbs: Keeping the passport is usually a good sign.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I am happy to say that as of today ( just days after starting this post) that my husbands VISA was approved and received today via post!!!

So thank you to everyone for all of your help :dance::thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.