SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

.... did you mention your wedding plans in the paperwork sent back to the embassy. I have heard they might speed it up if as a courtesy if they know you have a certain date.

He put down a travel date of around December 1st, so I don't know if that will help.

I think it's possible that because he put down a travel date three and a half months from when he sent the papers back, they aren't going to be in a hurry to give him an interview. That's his real travel date. Had he put down a travel date of October 1, they would have tried to accomodate that by sqeezing him in before the people who don't need to leave until December. They assume you are ok with waiting for an interview since you've got 3-4 months. If you're not good at waiting around, bump your travel and wedding date up at least a month from the real dates.

That's just London lore passed down to us, so I'm passing it on to the rest of you. And Melissa, have you ever heard the saying "a watched pot never boils?" As soon as you quit calling DOS, his letter will come. It's DOS mojo.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Okay so my SO has his interview September 20th at 9:30 am. Planned on going over for this, but then my son decided he was moving in with mom. SO had his medical a couple weeks ago and everything went off just fine. I cant wait for him to come home for sure. Hope am placing this post in the right place. Gosh I cant wait to get off this roller coaster.......as long as I can get off with my SO.

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

Gosh I cant wait to get off this roller coaster.......as long as I can get off with my SO.

So.... trying..... to..... not..... make....... obvious..... joke......! ARRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrghhhh! :wacko::whistle::lol:

Ok.... mind out of gutter.... for the next 30 seconds. WAIT! There I go again. :whistle:

Edited by Dodi

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think it's possible that because he put down a travel date three and a half months from when he sent the papers back, they aren't going to be in a hurry to give him an interview. That's his real travel date. Had he put down a travel date of October 1, they would have tried to accomodate that by sqeezing him in before the people who don't need to leave until December. They assume you are ok with waiting for an interview since you've got 3-4 months. If you're not good at waiting around, bump your travel and wedding date up at least a month from the real dates.

That's just London lore passed down to us, so I'm passing it on to the rest of you. And Melissa, have you ever heard the saying "a watched pot never boils?" As soon as you quit calling DOS, his letter will come. It's DOS mojo.

Oh god, I thought we were doing the right thing by putting down the travel date! I can't believe I messed up AGAIN with this. We seemed to have everything back on track after the RFE. Is there any way I can let them know our plans have changed, even if they haven't really? Should I call the Embassy? I've already called DOS twice this morning but haven't had a chance to call again yet. No date yet and now I think it's my fault!

Edited by MelissaJulian

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Oh god, I thought we were doing the right thing by putting down the travel date! I can't believe I messed up AGAIN with this. We seemed to have everything back on track after the RFE. Is there any way I can let them know our plans have changed, even if they haven't really? Should I call the Embassy? I've already called DOS twice this morning but haven't had a chance to call again yet. No date yet and now I think it's my fault!

No, as Nich says, it's really just Visa Journey lore. I think the actual effect on the interview date is minimal. When we sent ours back in late April, we said our travel date was September, wedding date October, and we were still assigned an interview date in June by the middle of May. A girl on the same track as me put a MUCH earlier date, and her interview was just a week before mine. So, we definitely are NOT talking about MONTHS of difference, here.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

No, as Nich says, it's really just Visa Journey lore. I think the actual effect on the interview date is minimal. When we sent ours back in late April, we said our travel date was September, wedding date October, and we were still assigned an interview date in June by the middle of May. A girl on the same track as me put a MUCH earlier date, and her interview was just a week before mine. So, we definitely are NOT talking about MONTHS of difference, here.

Agreed. I think others, like Dodi, had a travel date written down much sooner than my fiance and I did. Our wedding isn't planned until next April so we have loads of time but we were still given an interview date of late September. My fiance isn't even planing on traveling over here until after Christmas, at the earliest. They might try to accommodate by giving someone an interview date a week or so ahead, but nothing, as stated above, like MONTHS.

Also, August is a very slow month in Europe. They are probably behind and just getting back up to speed after the summer holidays. Most of us that have gotten dates assigned recently had to wait a month or so to get the actual date.

Edited by marlea

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Timeline

Still nothing from DOS. I called again about an hour ago. :(

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

It really is stinking ridiculous that we can't even get a basic answer from the embassy. There's no question that they've set a date, it would be the height of incompetency not to have at least that bit sorted by now. The civil servants manning the phones obviously just cannot be bothered to put down their cheet-o's and magazines long enough to type a few bits of information into the comptuer to give us an answer. Honestly, this has gone on long enough. I may just ring my MP in the morning to get things moving.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

It really is stinking ridiculous that we can't even get a basic answer from the embassy. There's no question that they've set a date, it would be the height of incompetency not to have at least that bit sorted by now. The civil servants manning the phones obviously just cannot be bothered to put down their cheet-o's and magazines long enough to type a few bits of information into the comptuer to give us an answer. Honestly, this has gone on long enough. I may just ring my MP in the morning to get things moving.

You MP has absolutely no jurisdiction over the American embassy and their visa processing....

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

You MP has absolutely no jurisdiction over the American embassy and their visa processing....

It's not about jurisdiction, dear. It's about knowing people and getting things done.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

It's not about jurisdiction, dear. It's about knowing people and getting things done.

Well good luck with that.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

Well good luck with that.

I usually find a good single malt works better than luck, but thank you. ;)

I'm sorry, Melissa. Hopefully you'll hear something by the end of the week. :(

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

I have to agree with Amy, MPs can't (and won't) do anything to help things along. Your time is better spent getting your papers organised for the interview. Do you have your long form birth certificate?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

He has his long form BC and police report, and did the medical the other week.

Thanks Dodi, this is making me go crazy! I am about to move too and I am SOOOOOO stressed out! :(

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.