SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

I have a couple of questions about this actually - one of which I've asked before but as you folks are recent grads of the embassy you may have a clear answer ;)

So with the medical - guesstimate of what the wait for an appointment is at the moment? Just trying to figure out if I should just book it (and try and align it with a work trip to London so I don't have to pay for the train ;)) or wait a bit.

Also, I have a problematic vaccination history. I had an allergic reaction to the Measles vaccine when I was a kiddie and so pretty much haven't had any vaccinations since (Mumps and Rubella being notable omissions). Will a letter from my doctor advising I shouldn't have any vaccines grown on eggs for medical reasons suffice?

From the way I understand the vaccine chart I'm only supposed to have Tetanus, MMR and Varicella anyway for my age group - I'm just worrying about it.

I booked my medical yesterday, and it is on the 23rd of march, so two weeks wait. I too was trying to get to only have on train journey, but it seems that i will have to have two. I'm sat here with all my forms ready to go and just waiting for an acknowledgment that they have the petition and i can send the forms to book my interview. But this way at least i wont have to wait for the embassy to get the medical results in order to issue my visa.

As for the vaccinations, i went to the doc's with a list of requirements and they did what they could, i am going to have to pay for the MMR because the NHS will only administer it to children, if you are worried then when you phone to make your appointment ask the receptionist, i had a few questions and she was very helpful. It may also pay to get a doctor to sign somthing saying why you cant have the measles and book to see a practice nurse who will give the the rest of the shot, Tdap which is atriple vaccine and anything else you need.

From what i have read varicella/chicken pox, is not available as a vaccine here and if you have had chicken pox you dont need it anyway. This BBC news story says it all about varicella http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8557236.stm.

good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If you call the Dept of State for status, they will tell you if P3 has been sent. If so, you can send your forms into the embassy.

We never did get a letter regarding P3, and didn't run into any problems doing it the way I described.

Hi snowbunnies! Nice to see you helping us all out here.

That Dept of State phone number: 202 663 1225

For the life of me, I cannot get passed the "menus" at all! It's just a recorded list of "information". If you press the number for "fiance visas" it's just a recorded message explaining the process! Like we don't know! LOL. Cannot seem to get an option for a "live operator", or to "check case status" option.

And, everyone else here - going by current state of backlog, wait times for interview, what are my chances of getting interview and having visa in hand for last week in June. Zilch?

I am in a catch 22 situation. I have sold my house as I cannot leave UK without selling my house. It was not an option for me to leave it unsold indefinately and in the current market, I was lucky to sell it all. My buyer is holding me to ransom and will pull out and/or sue me if I don't get out for 30th June (I have pleaded with her!). If it was just me, being homeless is totally fine. Would wait as long as it takes. I have friends who would give me a sofa. However, I am now stressed out of my head over my dogs, who I am taking to the US with me. I have no family at all, and my friends are unable to take in my dogs as well as me, so they will have to go in kennels, which one of them can't cope with, and the worst thing for them is being subjected to more upheaval and stress before having to be put in crates and put on an plane.

I have never "off loaded" on VJ before. Sincere apologies for doing just that! The stress of this has just cracked this tough old dog.

Timeline
You just call them up and see what days they have available, basically.

Definitely get a letter from your doctor about the vaccinations.

Oh:

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 hours waiting, 5 minutes of interview said David.

:D Congrats!!!

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist, viol8torUK, TeamMoran

D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK, earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy

March Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1..........kjrrem....................2 Mar 2010 (49 days) :star:

K-1..........MattHeartCass.........4 Mar 2010 (123 days) :star:

K-1..........jkminney................5 Mar 2010 (40 days) :star:

CR-1........pwac......................5 Mar 2010 (41 days) :star:

CR-1........ruth_a....................9 Mar 2010 (62 days)

K-1..........Justine+David........10 Mar 2010 (98 days) :star:

K-1..........moss.....................16 Mar 2010 (51 days)

April Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

DCF........ohlpomr....................6 Apr 2010 (please fill in your timeline!)

K-1.........Rito..........................6 Apr 2010 (59 days)

K-1.........Hellojulie..................6 Apr 2010 (please fill in your timeline!)

K-1.........Ricky+Vanessa.........19 Apr 2010 (109 days)

K-1.........JMR..........................30 Apr 2010 (74 days)

May Interviews

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

Adrian+Mike (K1) P3 sent 21 Jan

Between NOA2 and P3

doghandler - NOA2: 23 Feb

Miss Jess - NOA2: 1 Mar

visacat - NOA2: 16 Feb

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
oh: He said that nobody asked him to pay for his visa, although he did pay for the courier. Has anyone run into this before? I told him to call the US embassy hotline...they did keep his passport though!

That will be a problem if they realise a copy of the receipt for the payment isn't in the paperwork. Not sure if they have a final double check before printing the visa or not.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Question 1 answered. Medical booked for April 7th :) (and did manage to combine it with a work meeting in the afternoon - thank you £55 saved!! :D)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

For the life of me, I cannot get passed the "menus" at all! It's just a recorded list of "information". If you press the number for "fiance visas" it's just a recorded message explaining the process! Like we don't know! LOL. Cannot seem to get an option for a "live operator", or to "check case status" option.

And, everyone else here - going by current state of backlog, wait times for interview, what are my chances of getting interview and having visa in hand for last week in June. Zilch?

I am in a catch 22 situation. I have sold my house as I cannot leave UK without selling my house. It was not an option for me to leave it unsold indefinately and in the current market, I was lucky to sell it all. My buyer is holding me to ransom and will pull out and/or sue me if I don't get out for 30th June (I have pleaded with her!). If it was just me, being homeless is totally fine. Would wait as long as it takes. I have friends who would give me a sofa. However, I am now stressed out of my head over my dogs, who I am taking to the US with me. I have no family at all, and my friends are unable to take in my dogs as well as me, so they will have to go in kennels, which one of them can't cope with, and the worst thing for them is being subjected to more upheaval and stress before having to be put in crates and put on an plane.

I have never "off loaded" on VJ before. Sincere apologies for doing just that! The stress of this has just cracked this tough old dog.

When I've called DOS in the past, here is what I dialed: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0. Never had a problem getting through, but it can be a bit unsettling after you press 0 there can be prolonged periods of silence.

Regarding your interview & visa, if you've mailed P3 in already I'd say you chances are pretty good. If you haven't, when you do, I would include a cover letter describing your urgent need to be out of the UK by 30 June. London tend to be excellent in accomodating special requests.

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 hours waiting, 5 minutes of interview said David.

Congrats Justine & David!

Couple of things, for DOS, press 1, then 0. That will get you to a live operator. You can ask if London has received your case file and what your LND number is to book your medical.

As long as you are not going through AP at NVC, I think you might be able to squeak by. Do you have your P3 documents ready to go and your birth certificate long form/police certificate, etc? If not, do it NOW so that as soon as DOS tells you that London has sent out the P3 you can mail it straight in, requesting ASAP for an interview.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline
When I've called DOS in the past, here is what I dialed: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0. Never had a problem getting through, but it can be a bit unsettling after you press 0 there can be prolonged periods of silence.

Regarding your interview & visa, if you've mailed P3 in already I'd say you chances are pretty good. If you haven't, when you do, I would include a cover letter describing your urgent need to be out of the UK by 30 June. London tend to be excellent in accommodating special requests.

Julez, thank you so much for responding to me.

Thanks for the tip on DOS line. I just got through, no problem, only to be told London not received it yet (sent 7 days ago, but never mind!).

Thanks for the assurance that London may accommodate my request if I write a letter. I didn't know I could do that. I would NEVER ask for any expediating for my own self - could not care less how long I have to wait personally, even if I had to sleep in the streets. and I am not having any wedding with guests (I have no one to invite, just my dogs!).

It's just like being a "single parent" with serious responsibilities for dependents (makes no difference if they are dogs, same as kids, they are wholly dependent on me for their care, shelter and wellbeing and one of them is 12 with arthritis) who will suffer enormously if they are moved and separated from me before the fear and stress they will endure of the flights. Am just hoping my letter doesn't land in the lap on any dog hating official!

Thanks again x

Timeline

That worked for us when calling DOS as well, pressed 1 and the 0 and were through to a live person in less than 5 min! Much different experience than the NVC line!

Met in Oxford U.K. in October 2005, 11 visits back and forth over 4 years

September 22, 2009 - Engaged!

Legal Wedding - June, 29, 2010

Big Fun Wedding! - August 6, 2010

ROC

06-20-2012 - I-751 Mailed

06-25-2012 - NOA date

07-27-2012 - Biometrics

02-25-2013 - Approved

AOS

07-01-2010 - AOS, EAD, AP Sent

07-13-2010 - NOA1's received

07-26-2010 - Biometrics Walk-In (App.Letter for 8/16)

08-02-2010 - REF received (proof of joint sponsor's citizenship required)

08-03-2010 - Sent back REF requested information

08-09-2010 - Case Transferred to CSC

08-24-2010 - AP Approved (received 8/30/2010)

08-24-2010 - EAD Approved (received 9/3/2010)

09-21-2010 - AOS Approved/Card Production Ordered

09-27-2010 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Journey:

11-04-2009 - I-129F sent

11-05-2009 - I-129F received by VCS

11-05-2009 - NOA1 date

11-09-2009 - Check Cashed

11-12-2009 - NOA1 hardcopy received

02-19-2010 - NOA2 approved!!

02-26-2010 - NOA2 hardcopy received

02-23-2010 - NVC received

02-25-2010 - NVC sends to embassy

03-08-2010 - Packet 3 mailed from embassy

03-15-2010 - Packet 3 received

03-15-2010 - Packet 3 sent (without checklist)

03-24-2010 - Medical

04-06-2010 - Checklist sent

04-22-2010 - Packet 4 received

05-04-2010 - Interview - Approved!!

05-10-2010 - Visa delivered

06-23-2010 - POE: Dulles, VA

Timeline
Couple of things, for DOS, press 1, then 0. That will get you to a live operator. You can ask if London has received your case file and what your LND number is to book your medical.

As long as you are not going through AP at NVC, I think you might be able to squeak by. Do you have your P3 documents ready to go and your birth certificate long form/police certificate, etc? If not, do it NOW so that as soon as DOS tells you that London has sent out the P3 you can mail it straight in, requesting ASAP for an interview.

I do have all paperwork ready. Thanks for the reassurance.

There is hope that I may not be facing selling the Big Issue with my dogs on the streets after all! I'll sleep a bit better tonight.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi :)

Just reporting to say hi and join everyone here. Good luck to everyone waiting for their interview dates, and their Packet 3.

We got our NOA2 on 2/25/2010, NVC received it 3/4/2010, and sent it to London 3/8/2010.

I'm really hoping we get an interview by the end of May, that would be amazingly awesome. Flights to the US seem to rise dramatically starting in June.

Doghandler - I really hope you are able to get your interview and visa by the end of June, I think that's a do-able timeline. Best of Luck and post your progress.

Here's wishing everyone a smooth journey for this last part with the medical and interview and getting those dates!!!

Oh, 1 question if anybody knows the answer - I've read you can book your medical before receiving Packet 3. What number do you need to call. What information do you need in order to book it? Any tips?

Thanks so much!!!!

K-1 Visa / I-129F

January 11, 2010 - I mailed K-1 Visa I-129F Petition Overnight Express Mail

February 25, 2010 - Notice date of NOA2 (read the e-mail notice on his birthday 2/26/2010)

May 12, 2010 - Interview - Approved!!!

May 25, 2010 - received Visa back in time to make May 26th Flight :)

June 9, 2010 - Married!!!

AOS:

November 1, 2010 - Sent AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation

November 03, 2010 - Delivered 9:57 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603

November 10, 2010 - Received 3 e-mail & text message NOA1s from USCIS

November 12, 2010 - Received 3 NOA1s hardcopy in mail

November 19, 2010 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail

December 3, 2010 - AOS - I-485 transferred to CSC

December 13, 2010 - Biometrics Appointment - Milwaukee, WI - 10:00 a.m.

January 10, 2011 - AOS Touch - I-485 - Still in Initial Review

January 19, 2011 - Complete Congresswoman inquiry paperwork and deliver it to Congresswoman's office

January 20, 2011 - Received e-mail & text message saying status updated : USCIS says AOS approved & card production ordered.

January 21, 2011 - Received multiple e-mails/texts regarding updated statuses on both AOS & EAD, some confusing!

January 26, 2011 - Received Legal Permanent Resident card in mail.

ROC:

January 2013 - Filed ROC & Received approval in June 2013

N-400 / Naturalization:

2020 - Started Naturalization ppwk prior to COVID pandemic, and when we couldn't get passport photos at local AAA office - set it aside

March 2021 - Finishing Naturalization ppwk and filing ASAP

October 4, 2022 - ASAP turned into putzing and putting off...and finally filing on 10/4/22.

11/25/22 - Received notice of N-400 Interview on 1/5/23

1/5/23 - Naturalization Interview

2/9/23 - Naturlization Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Oh, 1 question if anybody knows the answer - I've read you can book your medical before receiving Packet 3. What number do you need to call. What information do you need in order to book it? Any tips?

Thanks so much!!!!

We just booked our medical today! You can call Knightsbridge Doctors at 020 7486 7822 (9am-5pm). We found out from DOS that our packet 3 has been mailed but we have not received it yet. All they wanted to know when my fiance booked was his name and case number, LND..., that was it, and he's going in two weeks on March 24.

Hope that helps!

Met in Oxford U.K. in October 2005, 11 visits back and forth over 4 years

September 22, 2009 - Engaged!

Legal Wedding - June, 29, 2010

Big Fun Wedding! - August 6, 2010

ROC

06-20-2012 - I-751 Mailed

06-25-2012 - NOA date

07-27-2012 - Biometrics

02-25-2013 - Approved

AOS

07-01-2010 - AOS, EAD, AP Sent

07-13-2010 - NOA1's received

07-26-2010 - Biometrics Walk-In (App.Letter for 8/16)

08-02-2010 - REF received (proof of joint sponsor's citizenship required)

08-03-2010 - Sent back REF requested information

08-09-2010 - Case Transferred to CSC

08-24-2010 - AP Approved (received 8/30/2010)

08-24-2010 - EAD Approved (received 9/3/2010)

09-21-2010 - AOS Approved/Card Production Ordered

09-27-2010 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Journey:

11-04-2009 - I-129F sent

11-05-2009 - I-129F received by VCS

11-05-2009 - NOA1 date

11-09-2009 - Check Cashed

11-12-2009 - NOA1 hardcopy received

02-19-2010 - NOA2 approved!!

02-26-2010 - NOA2 hardcopy received

02-23-2010 - NVC received

02-25-2010 - NVC sends to embassy

03-08-2010 - Packet 3 mailed from embassy

03-15-2010 - Packet 3 received

03-15-2010 - Packet 3 sent (without checklist)

03-24-2010 - Medical

04-06-2010 - Checklist sent

04-22-2010 - Packet 4 received

05-04-2010 - Interview - Approved!!

05-10-2010 - Visa delivered

06-23-2010 - POE: Dulles, VA

Timeline
Hi :)

Just reporting to say hi and join everyone here. Good luck to everyone waiting for their interview dates, and their Packet 3.

We got our NOA2 on 2/25/2010, NVC received it 3/4/2010, and sent it to London 3/8/2010.

I'm really hoping we get an interview by the end of May, that would be amazingly awesome. Flights to the US seem to rise dramatically starting in June.

Doghandler - I really hope you are able to get your interview and visa by the end of June, I think that's a do-able timeline. Best of Luck and post your progress.

Thank you Wales!

Yes, here's to ALL OF US getting interviews in good time and not facing the shocking price hike as soon as June hits (never mind July, or god forbid August, when you literally need to take a mortgage out to afford it. The dogs flights are costing £2,000 each and they don't even get the inflight entertainment, never mind the drinks trolley!).

And, to add to the debate on why have only 1 medical location for the whole of the UK, why does the US Dept of State not make full use of their other consulates in NI and Scotland? I live a couple of streets away from the US consulate in Edinburgh. The flag flies, the doors are open, but very few people going in there! Goodness knows what they do in there, but it doesn't look like the are even remotely busy and if they at least carried out the interviews for the Scottish people, it would take the pressure off London. I know the US government aren't soliciting my humble opinion, but it would make sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.