SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

So nice to see more dates coming in!

Obviously a slow day at work today :whistle: Thought I'd help keep the list updated :)

Congrats on the approval!! I'm glad you'll get to be together again soon! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
So nice to see more dates coming in!

Obviously a slow day at work today :whistle: Thought I'd help keep the list updated :)

Awesome!! I love it!!

Sure hope he can still make it, might just have to drive instead and be out the 70 pound train fare. Sorry, just needed to vent to people who understand the predicament! :unsure:

It will all work out well. :D Dave was also in trouble because of the virgin trains. 2 a.m. on Tuesday he finally made it to glasgow and caught a bus to Edinburgh. (I'm sure he calls trains, buses and everything else by the proper UK name, but I made him translate it to American so I would understand.)

I know it doesnt help much because you will continue to worry about the train situation no matter what anyone says, but at least we all understand. :luv:

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Awesome!! I love it!!

It will all work out well. :D Dave was also in trouble because of the virgin trains. 2 a.m. on Tuesday he finally made it to glasgow and caught a bus to Edinburgh. (I'm sure he calls trains, buses and everything else by the proper UK name, but I made him translate it to American so I would understand.)

I know it doesnt help much because you will continue to worry about the train situation no matter what anyone says, but at least we all understand. :luv:

Thanks Jewel! I've heard that this weather is supposed to move into the southern UK the rest of the week. Phill is calling the train service tomorrow to see what their forecast looks like and he's going to call the embassy to see if they have any suggestions. Will let you guys know if we find out anything...

In 48 hours time I'll have the result of this long process. Can hardly believe it. Buses seem to be running for now so still on track for leaving tomorrow night.

Rather nervous now.

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

January Interviews

K-1....Jewel-8...........................4th Jan 2010520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1....Claire and Troy.................5th Jan 2010520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1....lirwin2000........................5th Jan 2010520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1....laura00412........................7th Jan 2010

K-1....beatlesrebel......................7th Jan 2010

K-1...Kimmy and PJ.....................8th Jan 2010

CR-1....NotworkSte.....................8th Jan 2010

K-1...amykathleen2005...............14th Jan 2010

K-1....FrostyMist.........................15th Jan 2010

CR-1....viol8torUK......................19th Jan 2010

K-1......TeamMoran.....................20th Jan 2010

K-1.......D_G..............................20th Jan 2010

K-1.....RUSSandRACHEL..............25th Jan 2010

CR-1.david'sgirl/Scotinmass........25th Jan 2010

K-1..........Nikki-UK.....................29th Jan 2010

February Interviews

K-1.........yorkshirerose22..........4th Feb 2010

K-1.........ajbe1986....................5th Feb 2010

CR-1.......Think~Pink.................10th Feb 2010

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Approved and waiting for interview dates:

Justine+David

lesleysizeland

Andrew + Bethany

Check our Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
January Interviews

K-1....Jewel-8...........................4th Jan 2010520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1....Claire and Troy.................5th Jan 2010520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1....lirwin2000........................5th Jan 2010520715s54t2dwed4.gif

K-1....laura00412........................7th Jan 2010

K-1....beatlesrebel......................7th Jan 2010

K-1...Kimmy and PJ.....................8th Jan 2010

CR-1....NotworkSte.....................8th Jan 2010

K-1...amykathleen2005...............14th Jan 2010

K-1....FrostyMist.........................15th Jan 2010

CR-1....viol8torUK......................19th Jan 2010

K-1......TeamMoran.....................20th Jan 2010

K-1.......D_G..............................20th Jan 2010

K-1.....RUSSandRACHEL..............25th Jan 2010

CR-1.david'sgirl/Scotinmass........25th Jan 2010

K-1..........Nikki-UK.....................29th Jan 2010

February Interviews

K-1.........yorkshirerose22..........4th Feb 2010

K-1.........ajbe1986....................5th Feb 2010

CR-1.......Think~Pink.................10th Feb 2010

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Approved and waiting for interview dates:

Justine+David

lesleysizeland

Andrew + Bethany

YAY! Wonderful news! :dance::dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

In 48 hours time I'll have the result of this long process. Can hardly believe it. Buses seem to be running for now so still on track for leaving tomorrow night.

Rather nervous now.

Claire and I had a mini-freakout the night/day before. She put her game face on when she got there and did wonderful. I'm sure everything will be ok! :) Good luck!

Check our Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Claire and I had a mini-freakout the night/day before. She put her game face on when she got there and did wonderful. I'm sure everything will be ok! :) Good luck!

BIG BIG THANK YOU for anybody who has helped me to date.

I will try to now update my timeline thing any clues??

How do we go on the list for January Filers as well?

I have just mailed

I-130

I-485

Now the wait.

Thanks

This is for people who are waiting to get their K1 or CR1 approved at the consulate stage. Aren't you applying for AOS?

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's taken me a good six hours so far (3 hours yesterday, 3 hours today) and I've finally, finally managed to sort through the mountain of paperwork and figure out what I actually do, and do not need to take with me. Right now, I'm so anxious about the interview next Friday, I just want to go and throw up. Odd thing is, I'm not too worried right now about being declined. I'm worried that I'll get there and not have everything organized like they want!

Congratulations to everyone who's had an approval recently. :) Reading your posts reminds me of why I'm putting myself through all this-hard to believe sometimes that distance can end, and that's what we're working towards.

Edited by FrostyMist

Thanks Jewel! I've heard that this weather is supposed to move into the southern UK the rest of the week. Phill is calling the train service tomorrow to see what their forecast looks like and he's going to call the embassy to see if they have any suggestions. Will let you guys know if we find out anything...

Trains are running tomorrow from Liverpool...yay!!! They said they could be delayed up to an hour, but at least they're running!! Phill's interview is at 9:30am. I'm so excited and nervous!!

Hi everyone! We have finally got our interview date: January 25th at 8.30am! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Im so excited! We're nearly there! :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats, I'm so happy for you!!!

Timeline

Aaaaahhh the waiting is killing me! Craig is at his interview now, haven't heard from him yet. Don't think I slept even a wink last night. It's amazing he even made it to his interview with all this crazy weather.. Crossing my fingers, I'll let everyone know asap how the interview went.

Timeline
Aaaaahhh the waiting is killing me! Craig is at his interview now, haven't heard from him yet. Don't think I slept even a wink last night. It's amazing he even made it to his interview with all this crazy weather.. Crossing my fingers, I'll let everyone know asap how the interview went.

Good luck!! In some ways, I'm glad I am the one that has to go to the interview - don't think I could cope with the waiting to find out. I sure feel for you! I hope everything goes well.

hi guys - quick question regarding the packet 4 letter I received..... hopefully some of you will be able to help with this?

I'm filing for a CR-1 (I'm the beneficiary) and my USC wife lives with me here in London.

When I sent back the checklist (DS-2001) I specified that my wife would be accompanying me to the interview, gave her full name etc.

When I received the packet 4 letter there was no mention of that, and the final paragraph specified that if I wanted a 'carer, translator, spouse/fiance(e) to assist you during your time at the embassy' then they would need me to send in full details prior to the interview.......

should I contact the embassy to confirm that my wife is already on the list?

The way the paragraph is worded it seems to be geared up more towards people who actually require someone to be there to 'assist' them, maybe because of physical/language difficulties etc....

has anyone had any experience with this and knows what I need to do (if anything)?

Thanks.......

Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.