e+c

joint sponsor, who includes tax returns?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

For the I-134 I will be using my mother as a joint sponsor. I am unemployed and looking for work. I haven't filed a tax return since 2006, b/c the jobs I have had since then (I was teaching in Mexico) have not paid enough that I needed to file. I need my mother to be a joint sponsor because I have very little money in the bank (I'm only recently graduated from university) and my last jobs have produced very little income. (Actually I have probably never had a job that produced enough income to file returns, but I did file for a few years in college.)

So my thinking is that the only person who will send in tax returns is my mother, because she is the one who needs to prove her income. (i'm not proving anything because I don't have income.) Am I making any sense and is my thinking correct? (I.e. that ONLY she includes her tax returns.)

Do I even need to fill out a I-134 or can just my mother fill one out...or does it need to be both of us?

For the I-134 I will be using my mother as a joint sponsor. I am unemployed and looking for work. I haven't filed a tax return since 2006, b/c the jobs I have had since then (I was teaching in Mexico) have not paid enough that I needed to file. I need my mother to be a joint sponsor because I have very little money in the bank (I'm only recently graduated from university) and my last jobs have produced very little income. (Actually I have probably never had a job that produced enough income to file returns, but I did file for a few years in college.)

So my thinking is that the only person who will send in tax returns is my mother, because she is the one who needs to prove her income. (i'm not proving anything because I don't have income.) Am I making any sense and is my thinking correct? (I.e. that ONLY she includes her tax returns.)

Do I even need to fill out a I-134 or can just my mother fill one out...or does it need to be both of us?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Yes I know what needs to be sent in general, what I am asking about is my specific situation, which is outlined above. Does anybody have an opinion about that?? I'm quite confused.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, you need to complete an I-134 as the petitioner and principal sponsor. Also you can include a letter stating why you were not required to file income taxes.

The petitioner is always the principal sponsor regardless of income.

You will need to do the same thing (proving that you were not requires to file a tax return is a requirement for the I-864) when your then spouse adjusts status and you are completing the I-864 Affidavit of Support.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
Read up on your consulate.

If memory serves, it isn't even required for your consulate.

Yeah, I've been trying to find info on it, going to the consulate page, etc. I just have a 4 month old, so it's sometimes hard to be searching for a lot of information.

Thanks!

Yes I know what needs to be sent in general, what I am asking about is my specific situation, which is outlined above. Does anybody have an opinion about that?? I'm quite confused.

The link has the info to your specific situation outlined above.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.