NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Interview letter today in the mail. Nice long checklist of things to bring....with a lot of "Unless already Provided"s at the end. So.....Hope that means they already have the medical....We are very confident that the RFE is taken care of once and for all - or at least, we will be able to talk to a person live about it if not.

March 15, 11am!!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Interview letter today in the mail. Nice long checklist of things to bring....with a lot of "Unless already Provided"s at the end. So.....Hope that means they already have the medical....We are very confident that the RFE is taken care of once and for all - or at least, we will be able to talk to a person live about it if not.

March 15, 11am!!

Congratulations on your interview letter!! It was pretty quick I think...

Could you please tell me what do they exactly ask you to bring for the interview?? I would like to start preparing myself for that and I know that some documents takes a bit longer to get..... trying to avoid any further issues with this process...

Thank you

ROC

01/13/2012 - package delivered at CSC

01/17/2012 - check cashed

--/--/---- - NOA1

01/25/2012 - Bio Letter received (dated 01/20)

02/03/2012 - Biometrics Appointment done

LaBeba,

Just curious, when you got your Interview Letter did your online status change? I recently moved with the hubby and am worried that if I got an Interview Letter it's stuck there.

Congrats on getting the interview letter! That was super quick :)

Thanks! There was no online update to the I-485, it still says "Initial Review". We found out about the interview because we received a letter in the mail.

Congratulations on your interview letter!! It was pretty quick I think...

Could you please tell me what do they exactly ask you to bring for the interview?? I would like to start preparing myself for that and I know that some documents takes a bit longer to get..... trying to avoid any further issues with this process...

Thank you

Who should come with you?

-If your eligibility is based on your marriage, your husband or wife must come with you to the interview.

-If you do not speak English fluently, you should bring an interpreter

-Your attorney or authorized representatitve may come with you to the interview.

-If your eligibility is based on a parent/child relationship and the child is a minor, the petitioning parent and the child must appear for the interview.

*NOTE: Every adult (over 18 years of age) who comes to the interview must bring Government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or ID card, in order to enter the building and to verify his/her identity at the time of the interview. You do not need to bring your children unless otherwise instructed. Please be on time, but do not arrive more than 45 minutes early. We may record or videotape your interview.

YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU: (Please use as a checklist to prepare for your interview)

-This Interview Notice and your Government issued photo identification.

-A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted)

-A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted):

• -Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's, or certified IRS printouts, for the most recent tax year;
    -Letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the past 2 months;
    -Evidence of your sponor's and/or co-sponsor's United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status.

-All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status.

-Any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you, including any Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and any Authorization for Advance Parole (Form I-512)

-All travel documents used to enter the United States, including Passports, Advance Parole documents (I-512) and I-94s (Arrival/Departure Document)

-Your Birth Certificate

-Your petitioner's Birth Certificate and your petitioner's evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status.

-If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each of your children.

-If your eligibility is based on your marriage, in addition to your spouse coming to the interview with you, bring:

• -A certified copy of your Marriage Document issued by the appropriate civil authority.
    -Your spouse's Birth Certificate and your spouse's evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status;
    -If either you or your spouse were ever married before, all divorce decrees/death certificates for each prior marriage/former spouse;
    -Birth Certificates for all children of this marriage, and custody papers for your children and for your spouse's children not living with you;

-Supporting evidence of your relationship, such as copies of any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together. This may include: tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents (car, life, health), property documents (car, house, etc.), rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship.

-Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records.

-If you have ever been arrested, bring the related Police Report and the original or certified Final Court Decision for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, bring a letter from the court with jurisdiction indicating this.

-A certified English translation for each foreign language document. The translator must certify that s/he is fluent in both languages, and that the translation in its entirety is complete and accurate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lots of us got good news today!

While it may mean nothing, I'm very excited that our I-485 was touched this evening. No status change, but I'm still pleased.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Timeline

Can someone help me out here, I think I'm missing something.

I sent in the 485, the EAD, and Adv Parole all together, with one Check, I included the document that requested electronic communication, and sure enough when they received the documents i got several notifications.

In the mail I got a letter with an MSC number for each of the three documents. There was a 4th MSC number on the back of my check that was cashed. The number from the check is the only one that comes up when I go to

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

I recvd these on Jan 4th. I've called several times to ask why I can't see them online and I always get "the system hasn't refreshed". Well I got an RFE for no marriage certificate, which is stupid, since it was in my packet. Ok, so I sent it back to them. USPS shows they received it, but it doesn't show onling.

We had our biometrics yesterday, and still only one MSC number shows online.

How is everyone getting notified of "touches" etc. Did I miss something??

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-20

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

How is everyone getting notified of "touches" etc. Did I miss something??

I think the only thing you may have missed is that their online update system is great in theory and super crappy in practice. Our I-129f still shows as only received, despite being approved and all the way through visa and 3/4 of AOS! I thought it would be better with the recent web overhaul, but I found that they were sending me electronic notices of the RFE more than a week after we'd sorted it out, and now that we have an interview, it still says RFE. It's actually MORE confusing to have it show up on the online system than no info at all!!!

LaBeba, thanks for typing that all out, I didn't have the notice with me - but it sure has a lot of words that I wasn't looking forward to. :)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Yes, lots of good news! Congrats everyone! Our case really was sent to CSC. Got the letter yesterday in the mail! (happy dance!)

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to those who are set for interview already and those who have their cases transferred to CSC!

I haven't heard anything new about my applications but knowing that there's improvement in others, I'm glad to know that USCIS is really working on the cases. Yay!!! :dance:

Who should come with you?

-If your eligibility is based on your marriage, your husband or wife must come with you to the interview.

-If you do not speak English fluently, you should bring an interpreter

-Your attorney or authorized representatitve may come with you to the interview.

-If your eligibility is based on a parent/child relationship and the child is a minor, the petitioning parent and the child must appear for the interview.

*NOTE: Every adult (over 18 years of age) who comes to the interview must bring Government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or ID card, in order to enter the building and to verify his/her identity at the time of the interview. You do not need to bring your children unless otherwise instructed. Please be on time, but do not arrive more than 45 minutes early. We may record or videotape your interview.

YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU: (Please use as a checklist to prepare for your interview)

-This Interview Notice and your Government issued photo identification.

-A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted)

-A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form I-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your sponsors (unless already submitted):

• -Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's, or certified IRS printouts, for the most recent tax year;
    -Letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the past 2 months;
    -Evidence of your sponor's and/or co-sponsor's United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status.

-All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status.

-Any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you, including any Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and any Authorization for Advance Parole (Form I-512)

-All travel documents used to enter the United States, including Passports, Advance Parole documents (I-512) and I-94s (Arrival/Departure Document)

-Your Birth Certificate

-Your petitioner's Birth Certificate and your petitioner's evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status.

-If you have children, bring a Birth Certificate for each of your children.

-If your eligibility is based on your marriage, in addition to your spouse coming to the interview with you, bring:

• -A certified copy of your Marriage Document issued by the appropriate civil authority.
    -Your spouse's Birth Certificate and your spouse's evidence of United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status;
    -If either you or your spouse were ever married before, all divorce decrees/death certificates for each prior marriage/former spouse;
    -Birth Certificates for all children of this marriage, and custody papers for your children and for your spouse's children not living with you;

-Supporting evidence of your relationship, such as copies of any documentation regarding joint assets or liabilities you and your spouse may have together. This may include: tax returns, bank statements, insurance documents (car, life, health), property documents (car, house, etc.), rental agreements, utility bills, credit cards, contracts, leases, photos, correspondence and/or any other documents you feel may substantiate your relationship.

-Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records.

-If you have ever been arrested, bring the related Police Report and the original or certified Final Court Decision for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, bring a letter from the court with jurisdiction indicating this.

-A certified English translation for each foreign language document. The translator must certify that s/he is fluent in both languages, and that the translation in its entirety is complete and accurate.

Thank you very much for this info! :thumbs:

ROC

01/13/2012 - package delivered at CSC

01/17/2012 - check cashed

--/--/---- - NOA1

01/25/2012 - Bio Letter received (dated 01/20)

02/03/2012 - Biometrics Appointment done

Timeline
Lots of us got good news today!

While it may mean nothing, I'm very excited that our I-485 was touched this evening. No status change, but I'm still pleased.

It was touched again this morning. I checked around 8am my time, which is even earlier in California. I guess not everyone goes into work at 9am, like I do. :star:

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I got touched (I485 only) yesterday too. But no activities on my EAD since Biometrics.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

hi DEC'09 Filers

I just received both an email and sms update (@ 10:15pm) from USCIS that my I485 transferred to CSC. :dance:

On February 12, 2010, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action

K-1 Visa Journey:

02.02.09 : I-129F Sent

02.05.09 : I-129F NOA1 Received

07.04.09 : I-129F NOA2 Received / 08.31.09 : I-129F another NOA2 (?)

09.16 &17.09 : Medical

10.01.09 : Interview

10.16.09 : Visa received

10.20.09 : POE-LAX

10.21.09 : arrived Philadelphia

12.08.09 : married

12.16.09 : apply SSN -- 12.28.09 : received SSN card

AOS & EAD

12.23.09 : mailed packet

01.05.10 : NOA1 received (I-485 & I-756)

01.27.10 : Biometrics

02.12.10 : I-485 case transferred to CSC

02.20.10 : I-485 case pending at CSC

02.23.10 : EAD approval notice

02.25.10 : EAD card received

07.14.10 : approval of GC

07.20.10 : welcome notice of GC received

07.23.10 : card received -- Permanent Resident since: 07/14/10 PR expires: 7/14/12 ROC: 4/14/12

ROC

05.02.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.04.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

05.10.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.11.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.07.2012

06.14.2012 -- Biometric notice received (07/10/2012) --- 06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken (Early Biometrics)

01.25.2013 -- Card Production Ordered

01.28.2013 -- Received Letter of Approval

01.31.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

N-400

01.02.2015-- Mailed packet @Lewisville,TX

01.08.2015 -- Check Cashed ------------ 01.12.2015 -- Received NOA letter in the mail

01.24.2015 -- Yellow Letter received -- 01.30.2015 -- Biometrics

02.03.2015 -- In Line for Interview ----- 02.28.2015 -- received interview ltr

04.02.2015 -- Interview - Approved --04.13.2015 -- Oath Ceremony

event.png

Timeline
hi DEC'09 Filers

I just received both an email and sms update (@ 10:15pm) from USCIS that my I485 transferred to CSC. :dance:

That's great. Action > No Action

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had a dream last night that my EAD and AP were approved. I just checked it a minute ago and indeed both are already approved, yay! Online status update said that EAD card is ordered as of Feb. 11 and AP was also approved Feb. 11. Yay! USCIS is working! :dance:

Edited by loveaboo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.