TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Aw I'm sorry. I kind of forgot how much it upset me when other people gloated about their good news.

I just can't believe that this is taking so long for you. I mean it is just nuts. I wouldn't be worried about your BC because all it requires to be "long form" is your parents info your info (of course) and then signed by the official. Also I believe it needs a raised stamp of some sort. I don't know what they are called so if you are confused about what that is I am sorry. It is like a that uhh some sort of special stamp they put on there and you can feel that it is raised above the paper. Hahah wow I just made myself sound super intelligent there but yes that is considered long form so I am sure every country's is different.

Thanks yea I like how it sounds I especially like Meggy Mo it just kinda sounds bad a** LOL.

Hmm Zubkus that isn't bad at all. Pretty exotic! You get your new last name with a Z not many people have that!

I am glad to be taking Angelo's name thats for sure. My name right now is....MECHALCHUK.

I'm Ukrainian so well yea that explains all of that :bonk:

Thanks Meggy. I came home to good news though! An interview date - 7th of June! Yay, maybe I'll get there in July now.

Isn't it funny about E. European names. Some sound exciting and exotic and are easy to say, others are just none of those. Zubkus is Lithuanian although Yuri considers himself Russian (long boring story) and now were mixing that with 1/2 Scots-German Kiwi and 1/2 English. Gosh, we'll be one very confused family! You know, I was thinking of Adele for a girl's name, but AZ for a child's initials would just be cruel :) Lol, Yuri's initals are YVZ - I bet there's not many of them in the world.

Anyway, I feel so much less stressed now. It just down to your Diana to get an interview now Caspar! And to everyone else awaiting their interview. Keep up hope, it does pay off in the end.

Emma x

Thanks Meggy. I came home to good news though! An interview date - 7th of June! Yay, maybe I'll get there in July now.

Isn't it funny about E. European names. Some sound exciting and exotic and are easy to say, others are just none of those. Zubkus is Lithuanian although Yuri considers himself Russian (long boring story) and now were mixing that with 1/2 Scots-German Kiwi and 1/2 English. Gosh, we'll be one very confused family! You know, I was thinking of Adele for a girl's name, but AZ for a child's initials would just be cruel :) Lol, Yuri's initals are YVZ - I bet there's not many of them in the world.

Anyway, I feel so much less stressed now. It just down to your Diana to get an interview now Caspar! And to everyone else awaiting their interview. Keep up hope, it does pay off in the end.

Emma x

Oh that is awesome news Emma congrats! Wow June 7th that is super soon! You might beat me to the states!! :thumbs:

Wow that is quite the mix! Awe Adele is a sweet name. Ahh AZ isn't too too bad I don't think anyone would notice so I would definitely keep that name in the mix.

We will be an Italian, native American, Irish, and Ukrainian family! A lot in the mix there too! I had a few names picked out both boys and girls names but Angelo is really set on having very strong Italian names. Some of them sound nice (I was on a baby name website checkin them out) others are a little too much of a mouthful for me.I am glad Angelo just goes by that instead of Angelino. Hopefully we can make a nice compromise on that one lol.

I am real happy you are feeling that nice wave of relief now. Believe me it is already starting to go away for me. I am freaking out about the interview! Oh well I am sure we will all succeed and finally get to be with our loved ones

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's funny about the names! I agree about some of the E. European being good and some, well, more interesting. Diana is currently Manets by her ex-husband, not bad. But her maiden name is Pletmintseva. I don't even know how to pronounce it! Well, hopefully by late summer she will be "Dent." And don't worry about a girl with initials AZ. She'll just get a nickname like "Arizona!"

As to visas, first congratulations to you two! I'm still hoping for a June date too but the package is still not at the embassy yet. Diana called today. I think the story she was given about the birth certificate needing to be a new form was bogus. We should be able to work with the one we have. Fingers crossed!

That's funny about the names! I agree about some of the E. European being good and some, well, more interesting. Diana is currently Manets by her ex-husband, not bad. But her maiden name is Pletmintseva. I don't even know how to pronounce it! Well, hopefully by late summer she will be "Dent." And don't worry about a girl with initials AZ. She'll just get a nickname like "Arizona!"

As to visas, first congratulations to you two! I'm still hoping for a June date too but the package is still not at the embassy yet. Diana called today. I think the story she was given about the birth certificate needing to be a new form was bogus. We should be able to work with the one we have. Fingers crossed!

Whoa that is much more of a mouthful than Mechalchuk, Diana wins that one!

It did take a few days for it to reach the embassy and yours does have a little bit more ways to go than mine did lol.

Where did she hear that about the birth certificate? That seems silly I mean who is going to basically "renew" their birth certificate?

Well might as well just look into it to be safe!

I hope June is the lucky month for all of us!

With a name like Caspar I thought that you must have some E. European in you! Yeah, Diana's maiden name is a bit of a mouthful!

Good luck with getting your interview date. My case went from the NVC to London very quickly but that could have just been luck. I'm sure that you will hear further good news next week.

Emma x

Oh that is awesome news Emma congrats! Wow June 7th that is super soon! You might beat me to the states!! :thumbs:

Wow that is quite the mix! Awe Adele is a sweet name. Ahh AZ isn't too too bad I don't think anyone would notice so I would definitely keep that name in the mix.

We will be an Italian, native American, Irish, and Ukrainian family! A lot in the mix there too! I had a few names picked out both boys and girls names but Angelo is really set on having very strong Italian names. Some of them sound nice (I was on a baby name website checkin them out) others are a little too much of a mouthful for me.I am glad Angelo just goes by that instead of Angelino. Hopefully we can make a nice compromise on that one lol.

I am real happy you are feeling that nice wave of relief now. Believe me it is already starting to go away for me. I am freaking out about the interview! Oh well I am sure we will all succeed and finally get to be with our loved ones

I'm sure that all will be fine with the interview Meggy! I'm stressing about having to resign from work and my coaching jobs, get packed, sell the car, visit people and try and cram all of that in before the end of June. I hope to leave here in the last week of June but still deciding if I should wait till I've got the visa 'in-hand' before resigning from work. Oh the stress. And airfares go sky high (excuse the pun) in July. I'm still mad at London, if I could've interviewed this week then everything would have been all good.

WOW I am so glad to see Meggy & Emma with interview dates (finally!!) I am sending warm happy wishes to you both for the days.

Caspar I am so sorry for all you have gone through -- I have sat here reading & I am totally gob smacked!! Bureaucracy at it's finest! Fingers, toes & anything else I can cross is crossed for a June interview date for you both & then a reunion here in the USA soon after :)

I apologize for not being around a great deal -- I have been busy with settling in here and getting all our last minute wedding plans done -- we marry in 16 days and I can not wait. I have been thinking over the last week that we should have gone to the courthouse for a quick ceremony & kept our big day as a celebration with everyone else. Only reason I say that is because with me still being a K1 visa holder trying to do anything such as getting my license, opening bank accounts etc has been more red tape then I wanted to deal with on a state level. So now I wait for us to marry so I can actually receive my license and open bank accounts etc..I detest being totally dependent on Eric for everything -- especially money! I am allowed to drive but knowing I have passed the tests for my license and can not get the actual thing is maddening. Anyway enough of my whinging.

I hope everyone else who is still waiting gets a speedy process from here on out!!

Much love & Hugs

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

I'm sure that all will be fine with the interview Meggy! I'm stressing about having to resign from work and my coaching jobs, get packed, sell the car, visit people and try and cram all of that in before the end of June. I hope to leave here in the last week of June but still deciding if I should wait till I've got the visa 'in-hand' before resigning from work. Oh the stress. And airfares go sky high (excuse the pun) in July. I'm still mad at London, if I could've interviewed this week then everything would have been all good.

Oh I know it is just that fear in the back of my head ya know.

Oh man I know the feeling about work! Hey you are planning on leaving to the states at the same time as me!! I am planning on waiting to book the flight and quit my job until I have the visa. I have read some horror stories on VJ about people who drop everything before the interview and something goes wrong the embassy can't find their passport or they need additional documents. So I will just do all the major things like that after I get the green light and I have the passport back in my hand with the visa.

I don't want to be without a job for an extra month because something silly happened.

WOW I am so glad to see Meggy & Emma with interview dates (finally!!) I am sending warm happy wishes to you both for the days.

Caspar I am so sorry for all you have gone through -- I have sat here reading & I am totally gob smacked!! Bureaucracy at it's finest! Fingers, toes & anything else I can cross is crossed for a June interview date for you both & then a reunion here in the USA soon after :)

I apologize for not being around a great deal -- I have been busy with settling in here and getting all our last minute wedding plans done -- we marry in 16 days and I can not wait. I have been thinking over the last week that we should have gone to the courthouse for a quick ceremony & kept our big day as a celebration with everyone else. Only reason I say that is because with me still being a K1 visa holder trying to do anything such as getting my license, opening bank accounts etc has been more red tape then I wanted to deal with on a state level. So now I wait for us to marry so I can actually receive my license and open bank accounts etc..I detest being totally dependent on Eric for everything -- especially money! I am allowed to drive but knowing I have passed the tests for my license and can not get the actual thing is maddening. Anyway enough of my whinging.

I hope everyone else who is still waiting gets a speedy process from here on out!!

Much love & Hugs

Hey thanks Terri appreciate it!

I am glad you are enjoying it in Ohio. I am hoping to join you there soon! I hope you guys have a fantastic day on the wedding day and just enjoy the fact that you get to be together :thumbs:

Btw I would gladly switch situations with you if you don't want to deal with the license stuff and bank stuff. Wanna come back and do another visa interview? LOL

PS booked the flight and the hotel today! Leaving on the 15th :dance:

Hey thanks Terri appreciate it!

I am glad you are enjoying it in Ohio. I am hoping to join you there soon! I hope you guys have a fantastic day on the wedding day and just enjoy the fact that you get to be together :thumbs:

Btw I would gladly switch situations with you if you don't want to deal with the license stuff and bank stuff. Wanna come back and do another visa interview? LOL

LOL no -- I dont fancy doing another interview for a visa...AOS is the next one on the ladder for us..that one scares me for all the questions they can ask.

Life here in Ohio is great...I love the country side & can actually manage to get to the stores without getting lost :thumbs: always a bonus no matter where you are lol

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

04/06/2010 - Interview

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

LOL no -- I dont fancy doing another interview for a visa...AOS is the next one on the ladder for us..that one scares me for all the questions they can ask.

Life here in Ohio is great...I love the country side & can actually manage to get to the stores without getting lost :thumbs: always a bonus no matter where you are lol

I didn't think you would take me up on that. Oh well worth a try LOL

Oh really what kind of questions do they ask? I kinda thought it would be just the same as at the k1 interview except asking questions about how life is now with your new husband.

It is just gorgeous in Ohio I miss it every day! Oh right on that is a plus. I am nervous about getting to Boardman and being alone when Angelo goes to work. I mean the grocery store is literally a 3 minute walk from the apartment but everything else I haven't really explored. I know they don't have sidewalks in Boardman. ####### is up with that!? So I have to try not to get run over :wacko:

I didn't think you would take me up on that. Oh well worth a try LOL

Oh really what kind of questions do they ask? I kinda thought it would be just the same as at the k1 interview except asking questions about how life is now with your new husband.

It is just gorgeous in Ohio I miss it every day! Oh right on that is a plus. I am nervous about getting to Boardman and being alone when Angelo goes to work. I mean the grocery store is literally a 3 minute walk from the apartment but everything else I haven't really explored. I know they don't have sidewalks in Boardman. ####### is up with that!? So I have to try not to get run over :wacko:

LOL I know there are no sidewalks out where we are but in town there are....so no walking on the side of the road here :wacko: :wacko:

I took myself for a drive yesterday to the local Target store....thank god for GPS to get me home again LOL

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

04/06/2010 - Interview

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

LOL I know there are no sidewalks out where we are but in town there are....so no walking on the side of the road here :wacko: :wacko:

I took myself for a drive yesterday to the local Target store....thank god for GPS to get me home again LOL

I wish there were sidewalks in town! The main street that goes through the entire town is basically the highway so its always like crazy traffic! Angelo and I went for a walk one time I was there and we tried to cross the road we had to wait like 20 minutes! There aren't flippin crosswalks there either! I plan on getting my drivers as soon as I get there so I don't have to worry about the lack of sidewalks.

That is going to be my first purchase a good old GPS! The last thing I need is to end up in ghetto Youngstown!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interview today for this K-1 filers fiancee. I am in Bogota, Colombia with her and praying for an approval today.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2009-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-12-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-05

NVC Received and Forwarded to Consulate : 2010-03-12

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-12 Downloaded OnLine

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-15 Emailed Package 3, Confirmation of Email Package 3 2010-03-18

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-18

Interview Date : 2010-05-24 Approved

Arrive in Seattle, WA: 2010-06-29

Missouri Service Center

I-485 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-485 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

I-765 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-765 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

I-131 Sent : 2010-09-30

I-131 NOA1 : 2010-10-13

BIO Appt Seattle, WA : 2010-11-01 completed took about 2 hours had to verify name change for my wife

I-485 Appt : 2011-01-10

I-765 Approved 2010-12-16 (card production ordered could take 30 days)

I-131 Approved 2010-12-17

I-131 Recd Letter for Travel Auth. 2010-12-23

I-765 Card Received 2010-12-20

I-485 Approved 2011-03-31-2011 Yea

Greencard Received :2011-04-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.