prepobo

Fourth time at embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if its illigal to share address with someone under the Immigration law? The following is what my fiancee and I are dealing with at the US embassy in Ghana:

At his second interview the consular told him she was satisfied with everything except issues with my address. According to them, background check showed that I never lived at the address I was living at with my sister when i sent the petition. I wrote a letter and explained to them that I was sharing a room with my sister and added copies of mails that I received while living there in addition to copies of my tax return which i filed using the same address.

My fiancee went back yesterday for his 1pm appointment. He wasn't seen until after 5pm, they just took the evidence and asked him to go back at 8am this morning because they were closing. He went this morning and now they are asking about someone receiving mails at my address. I now share 2 bed room apartment with a friend which i moved in early October( this is where my fiancee will be living with me until we find our own place later). My apartment mate's friend is a private home health aid who stays with the family he takes care off in New Jersey. He has his own apartment but because he barely comes home he diverted his mails to our home so that my apartment mate can open his mails and pay his bills for him. Now, the consular wants me to write a letter telling them who this person is since he shares address with me. They did not ask about my apartment mate who is a female. I have been wondering if the immigration law prohibits people from sharing address with others. Everything about this back and fort thing is ridiculous to me.

We have made plans to get married December 16th and now they want him to bring that letter February 11.

Does anyone know how i can change the appointment date? I'm so sick and tired of the whole address thing.

Sometime I feel like the people at the embassy never lived in America. I live in New York and people do share apartments. What is the crime in sharing address. I just can't wait to be done with that embssy.

K1 TIME LINE

AUGUST 18TH 2008---------FORMS SENT TO VSC

AUGUST 20TH 2008----------NOTICE ONLINE FOR NOA1

JANUARY 28TH 2009---------FIRST TOUCH

JANUARY 29TH 2009---------RFE( INITIAL EVIDENCE)

FEBRUARY 5TH 2009---------SENT REQUESTED DOCUMENTS

FEBRUARY 9TH 2009---------REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE RECEIVED AT VSC

MARCH 17TH 2009-----------APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOA2 (Thank you God)

MARCH 19TH 2009-----------NVC RECEIVED PETITION

MARCH 20TH 2009-----------NVC SENT PETITION TO GHANA EMBASSY

JUNE 10TH 2009--------------PACKETS 3 AND 4 RECEIVED

OCTOBER 8TH 2009----------INTERVIEW DATE

OCTOBER 27TH 2009...........REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE (evidence from b4 I moved to U.S)

NOVEMBER 30TH 2009.........REQUEST FOR A LETTER( want me to explain why i used my sis' address

where i was staying temporary)

JANUARY 11TH 2010............ SUBMIT DOCUMENTS

FEBRUARY 12TH 2010............VISA APPROVED

FEBRUARY 19TH 2010............VISA RECEIVED

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS IN CONTROL, NOT HUMAN. THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION. HE NEVER FAILS HIS CHILDREN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My guess is that they are more concerned about fraud.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
My guess is that they are more concerned about fraud.

this is crazyyy, what is fraud has to do with her sharing a bed room with a met ,, it does not make sense at all . , my opinion is you should contact the embassy write a letter and tell them when and why you shared appartement , like you said they look like they have never lived in america you have to go ahead and remind them the life style of newyork city , so write a written explanation , also send them doc of some of your preparation for the wedding you have already booked , such as lease , wedding rentals etc, if you have any to tell them you gonna have to move your wedding date and your interview schedule should be early .. not far as in feb.

good luck i know how oweful you feel right this sec

grrrrrrr

Edited by Lily1

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It was a guess, the only other issue is showing US residency, but I have never heard of issues in this sort of case, more for DCF.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thanks for ur suggestions Lily1. I contacted my congressman this morning. They sent an email to the embassy and attached a copy of my letter with my timeline on it. I'm praying to hear good news soon. I definately can not wait until Febraury 11.

K1 TIME LINE

MARCH 17TH 2009-----------APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOA2 (Thank you God)

OCTOBER 27TH 2009...........REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE (evidence from b4 I moved to U.S)

NOVEMBER 30TH 2009.........REQUEST FOR A LETTER( want me to explain why i used my sis' address

GOD IS IN CONTROL, NOT HUMAN. THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION. HE NEVER FAILS HIS CHILDREN.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My guess would be that the Embassy is not concerned with your female roommate, but is concerned with the male receiving his mail at your address, because... they think he's your boyfriend. They may suspect that since (1) you are poor enough to want a roomate (2) there is a guy probably living there... may be you have a boyfriend and you two are making money off the K-1 visa applicant.

Crazy? Yes, but possible explanation.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline
My guess would be that the Embassy is not concerned with your female roommate, but is concerned with the male receiving his mail at your address, because... they think he's your boyfriend. They may suspect that since (1) you are poor enough to want a roomate (2) there is a guy probably living there... may be you have a boyfriend and you two are making money off the K-1 visa applicant.

Crazy? Yes, but possible explanation.

If that is what they think then its ridiculous because we provided them with letters and post cards we exchanged when i was living back home in 2001. They definately see in those letters that he was my boyfriend even before I thought of moving to New York. And about the roommate, I don't see why they should have a problem when we are not sleeping in the same room but each person has her own room. A lot of people share apartment in New York so this is not new plus it's just waste of money to me to stay in a 2 bed room apartment all by myself. If they are susupicious because my roommate is doing someone a favor then I think it would have been better for them to show up at our apartment at 3:ooam anytime to see if i'm sharing a room with another guy. Even the congressman's assistant who helped send the email said she shares apartment with someone :angry::angry:

Thanks rika60607 for your possible explanation to why they might be doing this.

K1 TIME LINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.