24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
It may hurt your spouse's credit score if the bill doesn't get paid by some agency or someone doesn't pay.

thanks so much for your response.

if this hurts my wife's credit score then what are the consequences in the future

It will be harder for you to get credit of any kind-for example a personal or car loan, a credit card, or a mortgage. It may also be harder for you to find an apartment-many places do credit checks when you apply for a lease. Even utility and phone companies check your credit before they will approve you.

This could very well come back to bite you in the future. Starting out your life together with a large amount of debt is not ideal. WORK with the people you owe money to. It is much easier in the long run to do this. It's better to make small payments than none at all-and it may reduce the amount you will end up owing in interest or finance charges.

Think about the things you may want to do in the future, such as buying a house.

thanks Guys but as i understood if she did not pay for her medical bill then she can not get the loans but I can am I right and then the only problem will be that I will have to buy the house on my own and that s not a problem unless you think that since we are married the bill will be a debt on both of us so plz correct me if I am wrong and thanks so much for your help

so do you think that if she apply for medicare or medicaid that will not affect neither me nor the sponsor since as you know we need that cuz she is not working

and what do you think I have to pay the office that will help me filing the application including the fees and what I have to pay for the civil surgeon

thanks in advance :dance:

She is a US Citizen, she is entitled to claim federal assistance like medicaid. So can your baby, as long as he/she qualifies to be a US Citizen. It will not affect you (except YOU cannot get federal assistance) and nor will it affect your sponsor, who is sponsoring you not your wife.

You shouldn't pay anything for help filing the AOS unless you cannot do it yourself and there is no one who can help you, like a friend or your wife. Considering you cannot afford to pay her medical bills at the moment, paying someone $1000 just to write on a couple of forms is crazy. You can find the guides at the top of this page, where it says guides (under the .com part of visajourney.com)

You need to ring the civil surgeons in your area (do a google search for 'civil surgeon' and your town name or check the USCIS website. Different ones will charge different amounts.

thank you so much for your help

so can you give me a rough idea about the fees to the immigration office for AOS and the EAD and every other thing that I have t pay to the US government

by the way I found out on the internet that the medical assistance will pay for the bills that I had to pay for if the date of that bill is nt more than 3 months before that start date of the medical assistance

so I will go get my wife that medical assistance since you told me that it will not affect me or my sponsor.....

thanks in advance

Plz if you have any advice I will really appreciate it :dance:

thanks Guys but as i understood if she did not pay for her medical bill then she can not get the loans but I can am I right and then the only problem will be that I will have to buy the house on my own and that s not a problem unless you think that since we are married the bill will be a debt on both of us so plz correct me if I am wrong and thanks so much for your help

You marry debt in the US. Any debt you incur in your name becomes hers and vice versa. Talk to the hospital, they should have someone who can help you set up payment arrangements, as well as possibly wave a large portion of it (I had a hospital bill for $79k+ and they wrote off all but $15k of it and agreed to my $25 a month payments). Most places will work with you if you don't let it lapse too long and have it sent off to collections--collections can be a nightmare, don't let it go that far!

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

You marry debt in the US. Any debt you incur in your name becomes hers and vice versa. Talk to the hospital, they should have someone who can help you set up payment arrangements, as well as possibly wave a large portion of it (I had a hospital bill for $79k+ and they wrote off all but $15k of it and agreed to my $25 a month payments). Most places will work with you if you don't let it lapse too long and have it sent off to collections--collections can be a nightmare, don't let it go that far!

I was told that if she applied to the medicare then they will cover this bill also cuz they cover the bills that happened three months before the application of the medical assistance if she can prove that she was in need also...

do u think that the application to medical assistance will affect my application to get the green card or will they affect my sponsor

thanks a lot

do u think that the application to medical assistance will affect my application to get the green card or will they affect my sponsor

Respectfully, this question has been answered many times over in this thread. If a poster disagrees with the advice or opinions given, they say so.

No, your wife's medicaid application will not affect your AOS or your sponsor.

AOS is $1010.00 and includes your EAD, AP application fees, and also your biometrics. I believe you have to send 2 checks for $930.00 (the fees) and $80 (for biometrics).

Take a moment (or many moments!) to read the guides for AOS, that contain all the information you need to file your own AOS. Just follow them step by step, use the example forms if you need to and ask specific questions on the AOS forum (if it's relevant to the AOS process) if there is anything you don't understand.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

sorry guys I tried to find the guide that u told me about but i only found the one from K1 and K3 visa and I am on B1 visa since I am married to my wife when i was in my home country and now I am here for the AOS so is it a different process or what

plz post the link to the guide if u find it

Thanks in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ohh dear

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Ohh dear troll

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.