♥Muslimqueen♥

NVC December 2009 Edition

799 posts in this topic

Tree he sent if DHL overnight on Friday from jordon and now its in The UK. I dont know why it took so long he paid 100 bucks to get it overnight its been a 4 days! Ugh I wanna take a break if i send the fourms on monday i am not calling NVC or anything till after the Christmas holiday. i wanna have a break from all this work it gives me a head ach.

And_Sam what new smilys? :reading::cry::diablo::idea::crying:

Been there, done that! I sent my DS-3032 to NVC priority mail - it was in New York less than 24 hours later, where it then sat in a bag for SEVEN days before someone finally sent it to New Hampshire...

By the way, $100 dollars from Ramallah to the US isn't that bad...after the NY ####### I looked at Fedex (we don't really use Fedex and UPS here), and it was $150 dollars from London to the US, and they quoted three days!!

Don't worry MQ...we'll get there :) :) :)

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys i had a question, Can i send the DS-230 before the (AOS)? Or send them bothe together?

I think they go to slightly different department, and they are processed separately, so I suppose if you send the AOS a few days after the DS-230 it should be ok...maybe someone else has done that and could tell you?

Hey guys i had a question, Can i send the DS-230 before the (AOS)? Or send them bothe together?

I think they go to slightly different department, and they are processed separately, so I suppose if you send the AOS a few days after the DS-230 it should be ok...maybe someone else has done that and could tell you?

The package was just picked from UK lets see here is goes now.

And ill prob just send them both on monday. Woke make a big diffrence

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

How did you do those smileys??? :blink:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Hello guys!

I know I should be sleeping now and I should not stressed now. I called NVC for some questions about the AOS and IV package. Operator, was so helpful however I think I got a big problem now. I was in a J1 Visa (non 2 year rule) and I thought everything will be fine with my application as I don't need to waive the 2 year rule as most of the J1 visa holder has. Since I called NVC, i told them that I was in J1 but no 2 year rule and ask if it is better to include a copy of my J1 Visa to prove that I don't have the 2 year rule and not subject to 212 (e). She said, it is ok to have that but that copy is not enough as I need my DS 2019, but the big problem is, my DS 2019 is missing. She said, without the DS 2019, I need to get a waiver now and need to pay $545 for the I-612 form.

I hope someone had J1 Visa before, I don't know what to do now and I just want to finish the NVC process.... :crying::crying:

Oh Metro! I wish I could help you but you are just talking jargon to me on this one...I don't know what the J1visa let alone what the DS-2019 is for! Perhaps if you post this under a different thread maybe someone can help you!!

But we are here to support you emotionally!!! :thumbs:

Hello Ms. A,

Thank you for your support! Appreciate it so much! Sorry for the jargons, J1 visa is an EXCHANGE VISITOR VISA. This is most likely a Training Visa and most of the people who has this kind of Visa has 2 year rule or the 212(e) rule that you have to stay out of US for 2 years. When I got my J1, it states there that I am not subject to the 212(e) and 2 year rule does not apply.

DS 2019, seriously, I am not sure what is that form for. But as far as I remember, it is like a usual USCIS form that has a signature of the previous consulate who approved my visa and states 2 year does not apply.

I will try to call US embassy here in Manila if I can get like a letter from them. But if not, I think we have to undergo a process and spend $545. :crying::crying::angry::angry:

I-130 Journey:

05-28-09: Sent the I-130 Package

06-02-09: Chicago Lockbox received the package

06-08-09: CSC received the package

06-13-09: NOA1 received

10-19-09: Hubby's second visit in the Philippines

11-10-09: Hubby's flight back to USA

11-13-09: Approval notice sent via SMS and email

NVC Journey:

11-19-09: Case number assigned

11-30-09: AOS bill and DS 3032 from NVC received

12-01-09: DS-3032 returned via email

12-03-09: DS-3032 hardcopy sent via FEDEX

12-05-09: Paid AOS BILL

12-07-09: DS 3032 hardcopy received by J. Desmond

12-15-09: IV BILL generated

12-19-09: Paid IV BILL

12-22-09: Sent AOS package

12-23-09: AOS package received by J. Desmond

12-23-09: DS 230 package sent

12-24-09: DS 230 received by ------

12-29-09: per AVR, NVC received the documents and under review

01-07-10: Sign in Failed and Case Completed

01-11-10: Interview assigned

01-14-10: First day of Medical Exam

01-15-10: Second Day of Medical Exam (Passed with Abbie) YAY!!!

02-15-10: Hubby will be here @ 5:25 AM!!!!!! Yipppeeee!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: FEBRUARY 16, 2010 @ 8:30am

LoL YOU know when you pick from the smileys in the box of smiley's On top of the smiey box it says SHOW ALL click on it.

Hello guys!

I know I should be sleeping now and I should not stressed now. I called NVC for some questions about the AOS and IV package. Operator, was so helpful however I think I got a big problem now. I was in a J1 Visa (non 2 year rule) and I thought everything will be fine with my application as I don't need to waive the 2 year rule as most of the J1 visa holder has. Since I called NVC, i told them that I was in J1 but no 2 year rule and ask if it is better to include a copy of my J1 Visa to prove that I don't have the 2 year rule and not subject to 212 (e). She said, it is ok to have that but that copy is not enough as I need my DS 2019, but the big problem is, my DS 2019 is missing. She said, without the DS 2019, I need to get a waiver now and need to pay $545 for the I-612 form.

I hope someone had J1 Visa before, I don't know what to do now and I just want to finish the NVC process.... :crying::crying:

Oh Metro! I wish I could help you but you are just talking jargon to me on this one...I don't know what the J1visa let alone what the DS-2019 is for! Perhaps if you post this under a different thread maybe someone can help you!!

Hello Ms. A,

Thank you for your support! Appreciate it so much! Sorry for the jargons, J1 visa is an EXCHANGE VISITOR VISA. This is most likely a Training Visa and most of the people who has this kind of Visa has 2 year rule or the 212(e) rule that you have to stay out of US for 2 years. When I got my J1, it states there that I am not subject to the 212(e) and 2 year rule does not apply.

DS 2019, seriously, I am not sure what is that form for. But as far as I remember, it is like a usual USCIS form that has a signature of the previous consulate who approved my visa and states 2 year does not apply.

I will try to call US embassy here in Manila if I can get like a letter from them. But if not, I think we have to undergo a process and spend $545. :crying::crying::angry::angry:

What is this for? why do you have to do that. i dont understand.

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Tree he sent if DHL overnight on Friday from jordon and now its in The UK. I dont know why it took so long he paid 100 bucks to get it overnight its been a 4 days! Ugh I wanna take a break if i send the fourms on monday i am not calling NVC or anything till after the Christmas holiday. i wanna have a break from all this work it gives me a head ach.

Been there, done that! I sent my DS-3032 to NVC priority mail - it was in New York less than 24 hours later, where it then sat in a bag for SEVEN days before someone finally sent it to New Hampshire...

By the way, $100 dollars from Ramallah to the US isn't that bad...after the NY ####### I looked at Fedex (we don't really use Fedex and UPS here), and it was $150 dollars from London to the US, and they quoted three days!!

WOW. THATS SO EXPENSIVE. D:

I got an e-mail today stating that they received our expedite request...now more waiting ensues!

Edited by Bern.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

LoL YOU know when you pick from the smileys in the box of smiley's On top of the smiey box it says SHOW ALL click on it.

Hello guys!

Hello Ms. A,

What is this for? why do you have to do that. i dont understand.

Hello Ms. M,

I just need the DS 2019 to proof that I am NOT subject to the 2 year rule (2 years to be out of US). J1 VISA usually ahve that rule, that as soon as the J1 visa expires, you have to be out of US for 2 years, but I am not under that rule, which means I can go back to US even after a few months my visa expires. The thing is, the DS 2019 is the requirement that the NVC is asking for to show and prove that I am not subject to the 2 year rule policy. Unfortunately, the DS 2019 has been misplaced and never thought they will need it. I still have the copy of my previous visa attached in my old Passport but the NVC operator said she is not sure if that is enough to prove it as they really need the DS 2019.

I know this might be confusing, unusual and a bit complicated so I really don't know what to do now! :angry::crying:

I-130 Journey:

NVC Journey:

I got an e-mail today stating that they received our expedite request...now more waiting ensues!

I know but then again so is the $70 for the (AOS) and the $400 for the IV bill lol but You gotta do what you gotta do right?

Getting a visa is expensive! lol

Hello Ms. M,

I just need the DS 2019 to proof that I am NOT subject to the 2 year rule (2 years to be out of US). J1 VISA usually ahve that rule, that as soon as the J1 visa expires, you have to be out of US for 2 years, but I am not under that rule, which means I can go back to US even after a few months my visa expires. The thing is, the DS 2019 is the requirement that the NVC is asking for to show and prove that I am not subject to the 2 year rule policy. Unfortunately, the DS 2019 has been misplaced and never thought they will need it. I still have the copy of my previous visa attached in my old Passport but the NVC operator said she is not sure if that is enough to prove it as they really need the DS 2019.

I know this might be confusing, unusual and a bit complicated so I really don't know what to do now! :angry::crying:

That confusses me lol how do you know if you need one? how do i know if i have to do one of those?

02-20-11

02-27-11

Hello guyz I called NVC today it says they got my checklist on 12/07/09. I hope soon it's log in failed. :dance::dance::dance:

Yay Myracle!! :dance::dance:

Now you are waiting with me!! :blush: I have come to the conclusion that I want a February interview date for my husband so I can go over there for Valentine's Day!! :thumbs::thumbs: Insha'Allah!! :innocent:

Yeah And_Sam we both on the same track waiting waiting and waiting to be done. I'm hoping for January interview because I want to be with my hubby on his Birthday. :innocent::innocent:

MQ and metro, More patience I know we all here on VJ wanted to be done on NVC but sometimes God has a plan for us why something happened. Like me I hated this process so bad because I am certain that we don't have RFE but I found out for few weeks that I got an RFE it takes a long the process coz of some delays like this. Almost losing all my patience but I realized it can't help and Now GOD is GOOD I am waiting for log in failed. Thank GOD. Don't lose hope and patience MQ and metro your turn will be next. Abbie, And_Sam,Bern, Tree and I will keep you both on our prayers. CHEER UP girls :dance::dance::dance:

WX7PaYmN8bA

Hello guyz I called NVC today it says they got my checklist on 12/07/09. I hope soon it's log in failed. :dance::dance::dance:

Now you are waiting with me!! :blush: I have come to the conclusion that I want a February interview date for my husband so I can go over there for Valentine's Day!! :thumbs::thumbs: Insha'Allah!! :innocent:

Yeah And_Sam we both on the same track waiting waiting and waiting to be done. I'm hoping for January interview because I want to be with my hubby on his Birthday. :innocent::innocent:

MQ and metro, More patience I know we all here on VJ wanted to be done on NVC but sometimes God has a plan for us why something happened. Like me I hated this process so bad because I am certain that we don't have RFE but I found out for few weeks that I got an RFE it takes a long the process coz of some delays like this. Almost losing all my patience but I realized it can't help and Now GOD is GOOD I am waiting for log in failed. Thank GOD. Don't lose hope and patience MQ and metro your turn will be next. Abbie, And_Sam,Bern, Tree and I will keep you both on our prayers. CHEER UP girls :dance::dance::dance:

I know I just hope to be done soon.

02-20-11

02-27-11

I know but then again so is the $70 for the (AOS) and the $400 for the IV bill lol but You gotta do what you gotta do right?

Hello Ms. M,

That confusses me lol how do you know if you need one? how do i know if i have to do one of those?

Hehe, No Ms. M,

You won't need it I think! I was in US for 19 months and and I used J1 visa so I spoke with NVC operator what papers should I include in the DS 230 package.

I-130 Journey:

NVC Journey:

Hello Ms. M,

Hehe, No Ms. M,

You won't need it I think! I was in US for 19 months and and I used J1 visa so I spoke with NVC operator what papers should I include in the DS 230 package.

Ow ok nope dont need that.

02-20-11

02-27-11

You will MQ just make sure before send all the documents to NVC double check so NO RFE. You will be done very soon. I keep you in my prayers.

WX7PaYmN8bA

You will MQ just make sure before send all the documents to NVC double check so NO RFE. You will be done very soon. I keep you in my prayers.

Yes im making sure i have everything. Thanks.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.