Emmamama

Question about tax returns for I-134/I-864

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey everybody!

I wanted to say thanks once again for all your help!

OK, I am getting ready to fill out the I-134 for the K-3 visa and the I-864 for the IR/CR1.

I have lived out of the US for the past three years. (From 2006-2009)

I made money in Chicago (where I last lived in the states) in 2006, so I did file taxes for that..

However, technically I haven't made any money from the states or here in Argentina, so I did not file taxes.

I saved up a lot before moving here and my husband supports me. SO, I did not file taxes for 07-now.

"On paper" it appears that I have no money and I do not have tax returns. My grandfather is co-sponsoring my spouse and he can prove he has money, tax returns, etc. Is that enough?? What do I do??

Hey everybody!

OK, I am getting ready to fill out the I-134 for the K-3 visa and the I-864 for the IR/CR1.

I made money in Chicago (where I last lived in the states) in 2006, so I did file taxes for that..

However, technically I haven't made any money from the states or here in Argentina, so I did not file taxes.

I saved up a lot before moving here and my husband supports me. SO, I did not file taxes for 07-now.

"On paper" it appears that I have no money and I do not have tax returns. My grandfather is co-sponsoring my spouse and he can prove he has money, tax returns, etc. Is that enough?? What do I do??

So you are unemployed? You have to complete the forms as primary sponsor, but state that you are unemployed. Your co-sponsor furnishes their qualifying supporting documentation and go from there. There is no difference between being unemployed with no income or being a student for example...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Hey everybody!

So you are unemployed? You have to complete the forms as primary sponsor, but state that you are unemployed. Your co-sponsor furnishes their qualifying supporting documentation and go from there. There is no difference between being unemployed with no income or being a student for example...

Great, so it's ok that I (primary sponsor) won't include tax returns? Just write unemployed?? Does a separate sheet need to attached? Thanks a ton!

As long as your co-sponsor can prove that including himself, current dependents, and now your husband, his income will cover at least 125% of the poverty limit for that number of dependents (again including your husband).

You can go to the NVC site at immigrantvisas.travel.gov and read about the poverty guidelines.

Once your father can prove that, you are set to go!

5Dyem4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One other thing though.

As you did not file in 2007 and 2008 you do need to attach a note to the I-864 stating why you did not file.

Just something along the lines of: I did not file a U.S. tax return in 2007 or 2008 as I had zero income.

You "may" have problems if you can't show you or your hubby has the potential to make money in the US in the future even tho grandpa is a quaified co sponsor.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.