bowflex

Good Reasons to Punch Someone in the Face

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Lol I've decided I'm just going to visit my wife for lunch and ask him how living with his mother at the age of 43 is treating him, that outta do the trick without him being able to sue me haha.

that could cause your wife problems at work....you know the story will be different when the boss hears it. i'd buy a subscription to a gay swinger mag in his name w/ his neighbor's address on it.

7yqZWFL.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Lol I've decided I'm just going to visit my wife for lunch and ask him how living with his mother at the age of 43 is treating him, that outta do the trick without him being able to sue me haha.

that could cause your wife problems at work....you know the story will be different when the boss hears it. i'd buy a subscription to a gay swinger mag in his name w/ his neighbor's address on it.

I love how the punching someone in the face thread has turned into us talking about Colorado! yes! sorry about the digression! I miss Colorado!

But when you move we'll have to get together and talk about Canada! There's another Canadian VJer here in the metro I see every now and then. We can turn it into a Canada party. Definitely! It'd be fun.

And I love the gay swinger magasine idea. I can just imagine the awkward moment when the neighbour will bring the mag the guy's mom.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No offense to any Americans, but I wouldn't consider getting out of Canada & moving to the U.S "getting a better life"!!!

Bowflex...If you DO decide to kick this guys a$$, make sure you don't get caught(we don't want you posting on here from jail!!)

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
No offense to any Americans, but I wouldn't consider getting out of Canada & moving to the U.S "getting a better life"!!!

Bowflex...If you DO decide to kick this guys a$$, make sure you don't get caught(we don't want you posting on here from jail!!)

And please post pics if the above event does happen. We could post it on you-tube "Bow-flex sucker punches 43 year old Mommy's boy while VJ cheers from various places around the country."

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to punch my hairstylist today (had to go to a different one...the person who usually does my hair was booked!!).

I specifically asked...I'd like to keep my length...and he said he would cut off an inch max. Definitely came out like 4 inches shorter :(

Case Completed @ NVC: June 16th 2009

Medical in Toronto: Nov 3rd 2009

Interview in Montreal: Nov 16th 2009: APPROVED!!

Case completion to Interview: 5 long months!

ENTRY to US: November 23rd 2009 @ Pearson Airport

SSN received January 2010

PR card received January 2010

as1cF3I0g410500NDA5NjlsfDAwMDA4N2x8SW50ZXJ2aWV3IGluIE1vbnRyZWFs.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Although, pointing that out to such an idiot as our swinger could lead to personal injury..

I've encountered too the ignorant people one of my husbands best friends mom when I first met her said to brad " you couldn't find an American"? I left with a horrible first impression of her for other reasons as well.

When it comes to hanging out with my husbands co workers at social gatherings there are 3 types.... 1 the ones who find out your from Canada and ignore you/ they don't know what to say ( cuz we are aliens from a diff planet....lol) 2. The ignorant big mouthed that say/ask stupid things about Canada. & 3. Friendly/accepting that can hold a conversation.

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
I've encountered too the ignorant people one of my husbands best friends mom when I first met her said to brad " you couldn't find an American"? I left with a horrible first impression of her for other reasons as well. How rude!!

When it comes to hanging out with my husbands co workers at social gatherings there are 3 types.... 1 the ones who find out your from Canada and ignore you/ they don't know what to say ( cuz we are aliens from a diff planet....lol) 2. The ignorant big mouthed that say/ask stupid things about Canada. & 3. Friendly/accepting that can hold a conversation. Totally agree. I went to Matt's work xmas party a couple of years ago and there were the 3 types of people you describe. It was really the first time I was subjected first hand to the stereotypical ignorant ethnocentrical American. Obviously the Americans I hang out with arent anything like that...

Edited by kizza

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

This is totally off topic but within similar... trends of this conversation.

A few years ago, my future WIL introduced me to her mom, saying that I'm "so and so and she is moving to Canada because she cannot get in the United States."

I was floored. Who does sh*t like that :P Or say sh*t like that?

Anyway I hope you are able to avenge your wife... but not in a super violent fashion. Maybe scratching his car? :D

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have heard from someone in regards to my husband: "I don't know why he couldn't find someone locally"

Umm because love doesn't work that way.

Though this came from the same person who told me: "I don't know why you have to go celebrate Canada day, you don't even live there anymore.."

You know I find that the most ignorant people are always the first to open their mouths and say something really stupid.

I can't even count the number of people who've said this to me.

@bowflex: Holy #######.... I don't even know what to say about that.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, perhaps yer wife could rig some power cable in the proper way, let him touch the bare wire at some point.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the thing that floors me the most is the "can't you find someone local", like they should have just married someone. No wonder theres so much divorce with people not finding people they are at least partially compatible with at some point. I am a firm believer that you can't pick who you love, there are chances for you to meet the right one, its just based on if you take those chances or not. Why on earth should someone settle for someone local just because its easier if they love someone far away. Pft.

I hate the "using you for a green card ppl too". My future MIL actually asked Wes if I was using him for one when we first started talking about getting married. I can understand the concern but I'm from Canada. Its not exactly horrible up here, and I don't imagine too many of us are clamoring to get away from the conditions here.

@bowflex, I can't believe he said that to your wife, thats just horrible. I hope he gets a papercut on Monday that doesn't heal for 2 weeks.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.