trailmix

Christmas - Secret Santa

761 posts in this topic

Ooh. Cool.

Okay. I love hockey, I collect old books of poetry (usually "collected works"...yes, I collect collected works :P), I have a rather large CD collection (850+), though my tastes are eclectic and irregular... My wife and I are both movie fans, and between us we own about 100 DVDs... She owns a Nintendo DS that I occasionally buy her games for (and I've been known to borrow it from her, like I have now...). OH! One of my biggest hobbies lately has been doing New York Times crossword puzzles, though I think I own all the books for my skill level (Wednesday / Thursday). I also like useful gadgets. Things that can be used regularly and make life more conveniently.

That should be enough ammo for any would-be secret santas. :P

My favorite colour is black...and don't tell me it's not a colour!

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I better have been top 3! :P

You were 4th!

:ranting:

Ok, so...

Do you have any hobbies in particular?

I'm a sports girl. I love NASCAR (gooo #55), the Avalanche and Leafs, and the Co. Rockies. I love Nintendo so I play my Wii probably to much (Yoshi is my Favorite!) and I'm a big country music fan.

What are your favourite colours?

Pink. Second would be Blue.

Do you decorate for Christmas? What colours do you use and what style (if any) do you like?

Well we are living with the in laws at the moment, and that probably won't change before Christmas, so we don't be doing a lot of decorating ourselves. But as far as decoration style goes, think 4 year old child :P I love plush toys that sing and dance, Disney character things, old Christmas show decorations (like Rudolph and Frosty) things like that. I'm a kid at heart, I guess!

When you shop, what are your favourite things to shop for? Linens, books, clothing, perfume, skate board accessories etc etc.

Shoes! But yeah no, I don't expect any of you to buy me shoes :lol: But I'm always looking for a good book to read, I'm back at picking them out without helpful recommendations! And I always spend to much money at places like Bath and Body works. Lotions and sprays, stuff like that. I'm pretty much into any flavor except ones that smell like food... :lol: (ya know, like Vanilla or Chocolate stuff) I also have a giant collection of plush animals, Its a little bit of an odd obsession. And I also have a collection of rubber duckies and pez dispensers :lol:

Anything else you can tell us that you like - maybe you miss a certain Canadian chocolate bar!?

COFFEE CHRISP! They've been my favorite since childhood and I can't find them anywhere. Makes me sad :(

That was probably way to descriptive. But really, I'm easy to please.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a gamer, but I only play WoW. I like to read - mystery, murder fiction, historical fiction. Music! I am a huge music fan. I also love to garden.

Navy blue, dark green (like evergreen), and dark red.

Do you decorate for Christmas? What colours do you use and what style (if any) do you like?

YES! Our Christmas colors are the traditional - red and green.

When you shop, what are your favourite things to shop for?

I love shopping for household goods - peelers, kitchen gadgets, silly things like that.

Edited by Malrothien

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

-not really, not at the moment... i like to read and cook

- I'm not a big fan of black, but I like almost all colors

Do you decorate for Christmas?

- Yes I do.

What colours do you use and what style (if any) do you like?

-I don't really have a favorite color, but I like the classic red, greens, silvers and white... in terms of style, I LOVE vintage glass ornaments, or just glass ornaments

- candy (not chocolate), stationary and beauty products

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Ok here goes, I really like reading about everyone's favourite things!

No, I play wow - that's it, that's my hobby. Oh I like to read too.

I like white, brown, tan, sage green and pink

Do you decorate for Christmas?

Not really no - just a tree and a couple of items - that's it.

What colours do you use and what style (if any) do you like?

I currently do the tree in a light burnished gold and silver - and unusual decorations - I think i'll borrow Sapphire's descriptions - vintage and/or glass.

Linens - love them, but don't buy very many because i'm pretty particular :hehe: - which is probably a good thing or I would have closets full of linens. I also like tropical things and asian items.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

ooo I like this idea!

I play wow too! lol (aren't we a bunch of nerds) gives me a great idea though! =D but i also like jigsaw puzzles, knitting, plastic canvas, and sewing

definitely blue and silver and green

I love to decorate for Christmas, my favorite things to use, garland and Christmas lights. Lots of lights and anything cinnamon smell.

When you shop, what are your favourite things to shop for? Linens, books, clothing, perfume, skate board accessories etc etc

When I shop for stuff it's usually notepads and notebooks (i have like 30 unused around here, my husband just hates it) I think im addicted to them. Puzzles always in a toy store looking at puzzles. I also like looking for knitting patterns or sewing patterns from the like 40's-70's (im strange like that)

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline

I LOVE reading. I'm currently wanting to read Warrior Rising by PC Cast and I'm learning how to cook...so that's a hobby now I guess. :)

My favorite colour ever is purple!

When I do get to decorate, I go nuts. I use mainly silver and blue to decorate but I have tons of disney ornaments and star trek ornaments all over my tree. I love cartoony ornaments too!

When you shop, what are your favourite things to shop for? Linens, books, clothing, perfume, skate board accessories etc etc

I mainly shop for books and shirts from American Eagle...the discount rack only though, they're so expensive. And I love any sort of book, as long as it's NOT Twilight and there has been good things said about it. Oh, and I'm trying to find a cookbook for a beginner...one that has a picture for each recipe...haha :D

OH. And like Avery said...I love 1000 piece complex puzzles!

Edited by Bern.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Living history, reading, cats, crafty type stuff, sewing, photography, bird watching

Greens, yellow, turquoise

Just the outside and that is traditional with greenery, ribbons and old fashioned things/

Books (virtually any subject matter except religion and politics), art stuff, linens, cat toys, wild animal figures/figurines

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

OK i want to join too!

hope i understand the rules :)

Pm me the info cause i didn't read the whole pages just saw it now...

Gaming online, cats :) and texting with my fiance...i do like puzzle too...

Black - Purple - Red - Blue

i can't at the moment but i would love to!... medieval red and gold !

Make up- geek stuff- crafting stuff ( Omer de serres*shop in montreal*)

I love Magnets! play with them all the time..

and kitty stuff...

Process took us 1 year and 5 month from I-129F to Green Card

*09-??-2006* Met online @ world of warcraft

*~3 years later*

*01-??-2009* Relationship started

*03-01-2009* Went to see him 1 week

*03-05-2009* We got engaged

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*04-07-2009* I-129F received at USCIS (California)

*04-09-2009* NOA1 received

*04-17-2009* He came to see me that weekend

*05-30-2009* He came visit me for 1 week

*07-01-2009* Still waiting the Noa2

*07-17-2009* OMG IT GOT TOUCH!! XD

*07-20-2009* Got the Noa2 without trouble!

*08-14-2009* Went to see him 2 week!

*08-18-2009* Got the packet 3!

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*10-27-2009* Packet 4 received!

*11-06-2009* Gone for 1 week to see my baby

*11-20-2009* Medical at medisys + Police certificate

*12-01-2009* INTERVIEW Passed!! success!

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*02-26-2010* Filling for AoS

*03-10-2010* NOA

*03-30-2010* Biometrics taken

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

*I did not request my EAD or AP

*We did not get an interview

*09-30-2010* Green Card in hand!

Timeline

meh lol gaming too much... *

Process took us 1 year and 5 month from I-129F to Green Card

*09-??-2006* Met online @ world of warcraft

*~3 years later*

*01-??-2009* Relationship started

*03-01-2009* Went to see him 1 week

*03-05-2009* We got engaged

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*04-07-2009* I-129F received at USCIS (California)

*04-09-2009* NOA1 received

*04-17-2009* He came to see me that weekend

*05-30-2009* He came visit me for 1 week

*07-01-2009* Still waiting the Noa2

*07-17-2009* OMG IT GOT TOUCH!! XD

*07-20-2009* Got the Noa2 without trouble!

*08-14-2009* Went to see him 2 week!

*08-18-2009* Got the packet 3!

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*10-27-2009* Packet 4 received!

*11-06-2009* Gone for 1 week to see my baby

*11-20-2009* Medical at medisys + Police certificate

*12-01-2009* INTERVIEW Passed!! success!

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*02-26-2010* Filling for AoS

*03-10-2010* NOA

*03-30-2010* Biometrics taken

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

*I did not request my EAD or AP

*We did not get an interview

*09-30-2010* Green Card in hand!

I love to cook, new recipes are my favourite. I also LOVE to sew when I have the time. I read and enjoy video games as well

Pink and blue. I pretty much like every colour except Green.

I do decorate for xmas! I like cutsie things, especially snow men, penguins, cute reindeer. My tree is no particular colour it's a mix of things.

I don't like shopping, is that a good answer?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I enjoy reading (but don't have as much time to do it, as I wish I had), I enjoy graphic design (working in PhotoShop), watching the Phoenix Suns (huge fan!), reading magazines like Real Simple. Not a great list, I know.

Bright Turquoise Blue is my favorite and also Dark Pink.

Our Christmas decorations are snowmen of all shapes & sizes (so, there's a lot of blue), the "Old Fashioned" Santa Claus, and our lights and bows outside are red, green, and white.

I love shopping for organizer things like funky & cute clips (the kind that seem spring loaded(???)), candles - I LOVE candles!!!, fun notepads, picture frames, oh... jewelry. Yeah, that about covers my trips out to the mall and other stores I frequent! ;)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.