Jasman0717

My beautiful wife is very irresponsible

188 posts in this topic

My sweet little Claudeth is a wonderful, giving woman but is also the most irresponsible person I have ever met in my life. I never seen anyone melt a bar of soap before but she does it. She can plug up the shower drain quickly and just loves to take 30 or 45 minute showers twice a day. She leaves the lights on constantly and the refrigator open all the time. She will fill her plate full of food and eat about 1/4 of it and the rest goes in the trash.

I am totally at my wits end. I have been dealing with this for 4 1/2 years but have made no progress in teaching her conservation. I love her very much and would never dream of getting rid of her but have been thinking of sending her to the Philippines for a visit.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have heard comments off and on but nothing consistant with what my little consumer does.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

When you live in the land of the rich and the plenty...

Sounds like someone bought the 'All Americans are Rich' story...

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I wish you good luck in resolving them.

-P

My sweet little Claudeth is a wonderful, giving woman but is also the most irresponsible person I have ever met in my life. I never seen anyone melt a bar of soap before but she does it. She can plug up the shower drain quickly and just loves to take 30 or 45 minute showers twice a day. She leaves the lights on constantly and the refrigator open all the time. She will fill her plate full of food and eat about 1/4 of it and the rest goes in the trash.

I am totally at my wits end. I have been dealing with this for 4 1/2 years but have made no progress in teaching her conservation. I love her very much and would never dream of getting rid of her but have been thinking of sending her to the Philippines for a visit.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have heard comments off and on but nothing consistant with what my little consumer does.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Does she work? Maybe she would have a greater appreciation for the virtue of thrift if she were having to pay for things.

-----------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

2012-10-31 - Sent N-400

2012-11-02 - NOA1

2012-12-03 - Biometrics

2013-??-?? - Interview

2013-??-?? - Oath

ROC Timeline

2011-11-1 - Sent I-751

2011-11-3 - NOA1

2011-11-25 - Biometrics taken

2012-07-25 (?) - RFE

2012-10-01 - RFE reply received by VSC

2012-10-16 - Approved!

2012-10-18 - GC mailed

2012-10-22 - GC received

Food waste is simply inexcusable for me. Remind her that so many people are starving in the world.

She will fill her plate full of food and eat about 1/4 of it and the rest goes in the trash.

Edited by Mike's Lucy

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

When you live in the land of the rich and the plenty...

Sounds like someone bought the 'All Americans are Rich' story...

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I wish you good luck in resolving them.

-P

Yea, her family was just telling her last week that they tough we lifed in the land of milk and honey. Like in the Grapes of Rath, the philippines is Kansas and the US is California aka land of milk and honey :wacko:

mine's the exact opposite...sorry dude.

I know a lot of Filipinos that are very thrifty including one of my employee's wife and my business partner. I guess I missed out on those vitues :P

Does she work? Maybe she would have a greater appreciation for the virtue of thrift if she were having to pay for things.

She has had two jobs, both pretty good. When she first got here she started working for the Hyatt. It was a good job but she liked to blab too much so her supervisor wrote her up for it and so she decided to quit. She was making a pretty good wage for no education or experience and had wonderful benefits but she just couldn't keep her mouth closed :wacko:

She then worked for Sears part time and it was very close to home but she couldn't never make it to work on time. During that time she tried to find work singing but two gangster guys showed up at Sears and it scared the heck out of her so she quit.

She wants to be the CEO of Citi or B of A but I am not sure it that will happen anytime in the near future :wacko::wacko:

Food waste is simply inexcusable for me. Remind her that so many people are starving in the world.

She will fill her plate full of food and eat about 1/4 of it and the rest goes in the trash.

We have discussed this several times but it just hasn't sunk in. I don't know where she got this, she comes from a country that has a very high rate of poverty. You would think she would be conserative but she is just to opposite.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did she have any of these bad habits before she got here or did she only get this way afterwards?

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Did she have any of these bad habits before she got here or did she only get this way afterwards?

This was all a shock to me, she wasn't like this in the Philippines. I guess she is living the dream of coming to the land of milk and honey :P I have been trying to teach her to be responsible but haven't had much success.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

4 and a half years... wow!.... Is she helping out with the bills and grocery shopping? Sometimes when people have to pay for things, then they will learn how to appreciate it better.

JNR

This was all a shock to me, she wasn't like this in the Philippines. I guess she is living the dream of coming to the land of milk and honey :P I have been trying to teach her to be responsible but haven't had much success.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

We have discussed this several times but it just hasn't sunk in. I don't know where she got this, she comes from a country that has a very high rate of poverty. You would think she would be conserative but she is just to opposite.

Maybe you need to make your home, more like home for a while... (what ever that means to her) I'm not ashamed to say I'm glad it's not me - in fact Karin has taught me a thing or two.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.