Peikko

Prison officer jailed for having inmate's baby

51 posts in this topic

A prison officer who had a baby by an inmate in her charge has been sentenced to 30 months in prison.

Kelly-Anne McDade admitted misconduct in a public office after a love-affair with “dangerous offender” Nelson Delgado.

Related articles

“She fell in love with this serving prisoner, who was nearly 10 years her junior,” Richard Germain, defending 31-year-old McDade, told the court. He added that, at some point in the future, the pair hope to set up home and bring up the child together.

“There is no doubt it was an inappropriate relationship, but Ms McDade would say ‘You can’t help who you fall in love with’,” Mr Germain said. However, Judge Christopher Tyrer told McDade that “Love is not an excuse.”

In a bid to keep in touch with 21-year-old Delgado after the birth of their child, McDade tried to send him three mobile phones concealed within a stereo. Delgado had been moved to a Staffordshire Young Offenders’ Institute after the affair was uncovered. He was being held for robbery and assault of an elderly couple.

Police also found a mobile phone in her home with a message from Delgado, whom she regularly visited, which read: “I love you, my wife.” Passing sentence at Aylesbury Crown Court, Judge Tyrer called McDade’s behaviour “disgraceful.”

Nigel Ogborne, prosecuting, told the court that McDade, of Aylesbury, said she had fallen pregnant after a relationship on a foreign holiday when quizzed by the prison authorities. When the prison governor found out Delgado was the father, he said the relationship “could have caused a massive breach of security”, Mr Ogborne added.

McDade had been employed at Aylesbury Young Offenders’ Institute in Buckinghamshire for three years before the affair started. She resigned after she was caught by CCTV camera opening Delgado’s cell after all doors had been closed for the night in August last year.

She was sentenced to 18 months in prison for trying to smuggle the mobile phones, to be followed by a further 12 months for misconduct in public office. The judge ordered a one-month sentence, to be served concurrently, after McDade also admitted possession of skunk cannabis found at her home.

Judge Tyrer told McDade that Delagdo was in her care and that she was supposed to be looking after him as a prison officer. He said: “Your training would have warned you what to do if your feelings for him, as they did, crossed the line.

“Not only did you frequently have a sexual relationship with him, but you became pregnant by him and that means that you abused your position as a prison officer, and the trust placed with you by your colleagues, your superiors and the public.”

He said the move could have placed female colleagues at risk from male offenders who knew of the affair, adding: “Prisoners might have expected the other female officers might have been susceptible to similar approaches. The consequences for them could have been very serious.”

McDade was arrested after she sold her story to Closer magazine for £1,000.

Link

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:wow:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Why do women like bad boys?

The irony is I don't know many guys who like the bad girl equivalents. Actually, most run sprint for the hills from these types.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The irony is I don't know many guys who like the bad girl equivalents. Actually, most run sprint for the hills from these types.

Maybe it's the nurture thing for many women?

30 months in prison for banging an inmate? If it was an illegal alien murderer, they would have gotten off Scott free. :pop:

...or if she just went out and had sex with a horse, which is legal in some states.

I doubt it, it is much more likely to be self esteem issues possibly coupled with poor male role models. It's not easy getting this screwed up in my opinion.

Edited by Madame Cleo

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Maybe it's the nurture thing for many women?

Most guys on VJ alone have very nice down-to-earth spouses. I think as a male, we subconsciously factor whether this person could be the mother of our children one day. Whereas that does not seem to phase many girls.

Just the other day I saw the prettiest young girl (early 20s), well dressed, well mannered etc. She was dating the biggest dropkick clown azz wannabe gangsta I have ever seen. Guy looked like he had not showered in 5 says.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Oh gg BY. Most women are not afflicted with the inappropriate desire to mate with gansters, prisoners or men of ill repute. Hot men, possibly, men who have means and acumen certainly, but useless ne'er do wells? Please, grow tf up.

Oh gg BY. Most women are not afflicted with the inappropriate desire to mate with gansters, prisoners or men of ill repute. Hot men, possibly, men who have means and acumen certainly, but useless ne'er do wells? Please, grow tf up.

As per usual, point = miss, for you. Soffiyya hit the nail on the head regarding this issue yesterday. But anyway..

There are a hell of a lot of women dating scumbags. Which only seems to have worsened over the years. The bigger the loser, the cooler the guy seems to be. As per usual, we need to state this because some seem to miss it. Does this mean it applies to every woman? No. Certainly applies to quite a few of them though.

I have not seen one guy I know go after the bad girl or a even #######. Well maybe when we were 13 but that is about it. The older we get, the nicer the Chickie must be.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You've said on here that you have no friends in real life, so how the hell would you know? Most guys i've known, and myself included loved bad girls in our teens and 20's, but as you get older, you get tired of the drama and all around BS.

Am I the only one wondering why she got jail time for this? I could see a hefty fine, job termination and maybe even house arrest, but this smacks of misdemeanor to me, NOT something that warrants two and a half years behind bars.

Maybe the judge liked the irony? Who knows.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

As per usual, point = miss, for you. Soffiyya hit the nail on the head regarding this issue yesterday. But anyway..

There are a hell of a lot of women dating scumbags. Which only seems to have worsened over the years. The bigger the loser, the cooler the guy seems to be. As per usual, we need to state this because some seem to miss it. Does this mean it applies to every woman? No. Certainly applies to quite a few of them though.

I have not seen one guy I know go after the bad girl or a even #######. Well maybe when we were 13 but that is about it. The older we get, the nicer the Chickie must be.

Every guy who has ever said, "Why do I attract all the psycho chicks?" likes psycho chicks. These guys are not in short supply.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

You've said on here that you have no friends in real life, so how the hell would you know? Most guys i've known, and myself included loved bad girls in our teens and 20's, but as you get older, you get tired of the drama and all around BS.

No friends here my age bud. I refuse to associate with any douche under 33 here. Boy do you guys have Douches.