KittyPollitt

Foolish friend wants to come to US on visitor visa & marry b/c fiancee won't fly to Morocco

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks to everyone who responded.. It's not only a frustrating situation for me because my fiance and I are choosing to do things the "right" way, but also because this guy is a friend of mine, and I would hate to see him mess up his chances to be with his loved one.. :P

I guess all I can do is relay the things I have been informed of here, and hope that he makes the best decision..

Thanks again,

Sarah

Well it sounds very romantic to me :thumbs: but....ask him how his new wife will be able to get over her airplane o' phobia and meet her many new inlaws :blush: maybe she can take a cruise ship to morocco :yes: and with his abundance of funds maybe he can buy her the ticket as a love gift........Olive

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Topic title pretty much says it all.. He comes from a fairly wealthy family in Morocco, so it's possible he might actually get a visitor visa.. I've explained to him that if they find out he intended to marry on it, he could get banned.. His fiancee has 2 kids and is unemployed and afraid to fly, so they see this as an only option- I also told him he could come here and stay for his visa, then return to Morocco so she could file a K-1, but they seem pretty intent upon disregarding immigration laws to satisfy their own impatience :bonk:

What kind of obstacles are they putting in their own path? Maybe I could get him to see the light before he seriously screws up their case!! :blink:

Thanks

Sarah

If he enters on B1/B2 visa, then get marry for love to a USC some time afterwards, then file to change status... there is nothing wrong with it. However, be careful as to time frame when it is executed.

JNR

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks to everyone who responded.. It's not only a frustrating situation for me because my fiance and I are choosing to do things the "right" way, but also because this guy is a friend of mine, and I would hate to see him mess up his chances to be with his loved one.. :P

I guess all I can do is relay the things I have been informed of here, and hope that he makes the best decision..

Thanks again,

Sarah

Well it sounds very romantic to me :thumbs: but....ask him how his new wife will be able to get over her airplane o' phobia and meet her many new inlaws :blush: maybe she can take a cruise ship to morocco :yes: and with his abundance of funds maybe he can buy her the ticket as a love gift........Olive

I guess a cruise is an option.. that's quite a chunk of change, but it could at least get her to Spain and she could cross at Gibraltar..

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Just thought everyone would find this amusing- found out today that my friend got into an argument with his afraid to fly fiancee.. she decided they should be "just friends", then married a different MENA guy one week later...

I knew she was no good for him. :angry:

It's sad. :(

Timeline

That's a bummer... does that MENA guy live by her? I am assuming she didn't fly to him. :D

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Timeline
That's a bummer... does that MENA guy live by her? I am assuming she didn't fly to him. :D

Yeah I guess so.. I'm so glad he didn't go through all the trouble to get to her.. he's much better off where he is..

Filed: Other Timeline

Living in Southern California, I have been to close-by Las Vegas many times. Would you believe that I don't gamble there at all? I really don't!

However, I'm willing to bet tons of money that the wealthy Moroccan gentleman is planing immigration fraud by attempting to marry the USC female in need of funds whom he NEVER met before. Therefore, I wish that they both get caught and she goes to jail and they make him eat his own balls in the cold detention center. Yes, they do eat those things in Morocco. Yum, yum!

Emotions aside, if somebody from . . . let's say England or France or Italy was planing the same thing, I'd say they have a good chance to get away with it, simply because -- in practice -- intent is not being made an issue at AOS, at least not as far as I've come to learn.

But, the combined red flags of Morocco as a problem country, never met before, rich foreigner and poor USC, B2, marriage then AOS, gives me hope that they will get caught.

Squeaky . . . you are concerned about the well-being and the chances of this "gentleman" in Morocco? I mean . . . seriously?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline
Living in Southern California, I have been to close-by Las Vegas many times. Would you believe that I don't gamble there at all? I really don't!

However, I'm willing to bet tons of money that the wealthy Moroccan gentleman is planing immigration fraud by attempting to marry the USC female in need of funds whom he NEVER met before. Therefore, I wish that they both get caught and she goes to jail and they make him eat his own balls in the cold detention center. Yes, they do eat those things in Morocco. Yum, yum!

Emotions aside, if somebody from . . . let's say England or France or Italy was planing the same thing, I'd say they have a good chance to get away with it, simply because -- in practice -- intent is not being made an issue at AOS, at least not as far as I've come to learn.

But, the combined red flags of Morocco as a problem country, never met before, rich foreigner and poor USC, B2, marriage then AOS, gives me hope that they will get caught.

Squeaky . . . you are concerned about the well-being and the chances of this "gentleman" in Morocco? I mean . . . seriously?

Bob, I've known the guy for years... He's an up and up guy.. He's really just lonely... He ended up getting taken for a ride by the American woman, who was "playing love story" with him on the internet, and he wound up seriously getting his heart broken. How do I know he's on the up and up? - Instead of going the visitor visa route, he ended up getting his family to help him secure a job here and a corporate sponsor. He had applied for a work visa before he got into a major argument over jealousy with his "fiancee", who accused him of lying and decided they would be better as friends.. When he found that his "fiancee" had dumped him and married another man from a MENA country a week later, he abandoned his petition, even though it would have most likely been successful. Him wanting to come here on a visitor visa was out of desperation to end his loneliness, and resulted from his honest ignorance of the American immigration system..

It ended up being quite a sad story, for once because the USC used HIM for her amusement, not the other way around. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just read this whole thread, was pretty confused (that's nothing new for me lol)...and come to find out the female USC married someone else after she broke up with her fiance...it's shocking. Some people amaze me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.