Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Where is Eliz? Her fingers must be tired, typing for that third heart :whistle::P

:lol::lol:Bwoy! Unuh nah easy ah tall ah tall!!!

My weight loss have been great I lost a total of 51 lbs.

WOW!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Where is Eliz? Her fingers must be tired, typing for that third heart :whistle::P

:lol: Ha :lol: Ha :lol: Ha :lol:

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

Well I am really stressing right now...Adrian is giving me a hard time and I wanted you guys prospective on the whole thing....1st I really do feel bad for everything I have done to him and he thinks that I did it on purpose...but he has been talking to a lawyer at a church that he has been going to and the lawyer was telling him he would handle his case for free if he wanted to take me to court...the lawyer said he heard of a case where the woman was arrested because she brought the man to the US and then didnt marry him??? then another case he told me that a woman was issued by the court to pay the male immigrant $50,000??? have any of you heard anything like that???

I called the USCIS yesterday and they said that as far as they are concerned that if he stays here after the 90 days then I am not responsible for him and he becomes illegal, they also told me to write to the Jamaica embassy and tell them the situation....I sent them and e-mail last night and wrote a letter that I will fedex to the embassy tomorrow......I am really stressing...I know what I did to him was very wrong being that he quit his job to come and be here with me, but as I see it we all take chances in life....he is also asking me to just go ahead and marry him so he can stay here and wont have to go back to JA and that we wont have to live together....I told him absolutly not that that would be fruad and he comes back with how does he know that this whole thing was not a fraud...I cannot believe that he could even prove that it was fraud...I had the wedding all planned, dress bought, rings I bought, invitations sent out and lost $3,000 on the ceremony and reception site.....

Sorry I am just venting here and would like to hear all options good or bad.

Thank you gals are a great bunch and I miss you.

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow this is the thrid thread since I have been on this board. Who are the big talkers in here. Well I am off to tourch myself in the tanning both. I went 3 times last week and burned myself to death. I was only in the machine for 4 mins go figure. Everyone told me to go tan cause I am so white whoopie. If I burn again I am staying my true self. My honey said to even try it cause he likes Dark Women and he started laughing :lol:. Then I am off to the evil gym. Anna great weight loss what the heck u doing? I have only lost 21 since October. You must be super motivated!! Congrats that is hard to do. It is cooler here today been raining an a lot. Wonder how long this cool spell will last. a little less than 2 days before I leave for my trip. I am just hoping all my family and guest get a long for a week. 3 more days of work and no more work until the end of August :dance::dance::dance: Take care all!!

13 days to go until I see Dwain again :P

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since I've post. Just wanted to say hello to all and congrats to all moving a step closer to the end of the visa journey tunnel. Welcome Mangogirl (Mindy).

Hey Anna-good to see ya and a big congrats on the weight loss!! :thumbs:

WELCOME HOME KIM AND DUANE!!!!!!!! :yes::yes::thumbs::thumbs:(L)

Yes, welcome home Kim and Duane!!

Hey guys,

Well I am really stressing right now...Adrian is giving me a hard time and I wanted you guys prospective on the whole thing....1st I really do feel bad for everything I have done to him and he thinks that I did it on purpose...but he has been talking to a lawyer at a church that he has been going to and the lawyer was telling him he would handle his case for free if he wanted to take me to court...the lawyer said he heard of a case where the woman was arrested because she brought the man to the US and then didnt marry him??? then another case he told me that a woman was issued by the court to pay the male immigrant $50,000??? have any of you heard anything like that???

I called the USCIS yesterday and they said that as far as they are concerned that if he stays here after the 90 days then I am not responsible for him and he becomes illegal, they also told me to write to the Jamaica embassy and tell them the situation....I sent them and e-mail last night and wrote a letter that I will fedex to the embassy tomorrow......I am really stressing...I know what I did to him was very wrong being that he quit his job to come and be here with me, but as I see it we all take chances in life....he is also asking me to just go ahead and marry him so he can stay here and wont have to go back to JA and that we wont have to live together....I told him absolutly not that that would be fruad and he comes back with how does he know that this whole thing was not a fraud...I cannot believe that he could even prove that it was fraud...I had the wedding all planned, dress bought, rings I bought, invitations sent out and lost $3,000 on the ceremony and reception site.....

Sorry I am just venting here and would like to hear all options good or bad.

Thank you gals are a great bunch and I miss you.

Joanna

Joanna, I really can't give you any legal advice. However I'm sure that you're not the only one who had a change of plans after their SO came on a K-1 visa. Maybe they're just using scare tactics, as I'm sure that you had no legal contract to marry Adrian. What grounds was this woman arrested on? And how can he say that you were committing fraud? However you should under no circumstances marry him just so that he can stay in the US. I would be more concerned with what USCIS has to say than what Adrian and his "attorney" has to say. This is just my opinion as I have no legal training.

I wish the best for the both of you.

a little less than 2 days before I leave for my trip. I am just hoping all my family and guest get a long for a week. 3 more days of work and no more work until the end of August :dance::dance::dance: Take care all!!

13 days to go until I see Dwain again :P

Wow your time is coming up fast!! Are you going to JA in 2 days?

Edited to say I think you meant 2 weeks but I don't blame you for being so excited!! :D . Is everything all set Jax?

Try not to worry about your family and guests getting along. It's Jamaica mon; no problem B)

Edited by Jamaica to CT

JoJo -- Try not to stress yourself out too much. I don't think the advice he is getting from the lawyer is correct. You just need to make sure you document everything. You can only do what you can do.....

Don't be a stranger. I have had to start "picking" on Elizabeth in your absence :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey Everyone Thanks for all the well wishes (F)

Here's how it went: We got there at around 9am our appointment wasn't unitl 1pm so we sat, and we sat and at 1pm they called aur name :hehe: It was pretty srtaight foward. They asked us all the question on the application, only under oath. It lasted all of 15-20 min or so. He asked if we were ready to be married for the rest of our life, If I was sure of what I was doing, reminding me that I am responsible for him for ten years, even if we divorce, He can come back and sew me for support. Why he felt compelled do so I don't know. He aksed D if he worked, had ever been to the US twice. When did we meet and where. I thought to my self damn didn't you hear him the first time :blink: Followed by a are you sure you have never filed a petition to come to the US before.(Heres where I start to worry) He asked for proof of relationship and I gave him what I had. He said that what I submitted should be plenty then the big BUT!!!!He goes on to say that there is an A-number in D's name from way back in the 1970's. :o:crying: We were like he wasn't born until 1975 :blink: Then he says well, Who ever filed this petition. Filed it for a person with his same name, same mother and fathers name ect. :o D swears that the only petetion he's ever filed was for a vistors visa 10 years ago. He was Denied, cause he did not have strong enough ties to the counry. Then he ask if he has any brothers or sisters over here and he replied no. My big question is why has this just come up now. Kingston dosen't just let stuff like that fly by :blink: Anys ways He said that our approval is pending the reviewing of the file...they were expecting to have it before our interview but it had not arrived as of yet, he expects it in two weeks, but we may not hear anything for ninety days. This makes no sense at all!!! I must say I was not expecting this. I don't believe it either, I feel like something else is up. For now we have more waiting :crying:

Also aksed D what he did in his spare time all day????

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jojo - like earlier stated I wish the best for both of you and will keep you in my prayers. Never heard of any such thing happening but look into it just to be sure.

Dee - what a sinting! You will get approved, no worries. This is just a small obstacle.

Welcome back Kim and Duane! (L)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Oh my gosh, when I first logged on and saw only 2 pages of our Yardie thread I thought the whole system had crashed again :o Thank goodness it looks like it was just a precaution since we were taking up too much space! :whistle:

Going to finish catchin up now.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone Thanks for all the well wishes (F)

Here's how it went: We got there at around 9am our appointment wasn't unitl 1pm so we sat, and we sat and at 1pm they called aur name :hehe: It was pretty srtaight foward. They asked us all the question on the application, only under oath. It lasted all of 15-20 min or so. He asked if we were ready to be married for the rest of our life, If I was sure of what I was doing, reminding me that I am responsible for him for ten years, even if we divorce, He can come back and sew me for support. Why he felt compelled do so I don't know. He aksed D if he worked, had ever been to the US twice. When did we meet and where. I thought to my self damn didn't you hear him the first time :blink: Followed by a are you sure you have never filed a petition to come to the US before.(Heres where I start to worry) He asked for proof of relationship and I gave him what I had. He said that what I submitted should be plenty then the big BUT!!!!He goes on to say that there is an A-number in D's name from way back in the 1970's. :o:crying: We were like he wasn't born until 1975 :blink: Then he says well, Who ever filed this petition. Filed it for a person with his same name, same mother and fathers name ect. :o D swears that the only petetion he's ever filed was for a vistors visa 10 years ago. He was Denied, cause he did not have strong enough ties to the counry. Then he ask if he has any brothers or sisters over here and he replied no. My big question is why has this just come up now. Kingston dosen't just let stuff like that fly by :blink: Anys ways He said that our approval is pending the reviewing of the file...they were expecting to have it before our interview but it had not arrived as of yet, he expects it in two weeks, but we may not hear anything for ninety days. This makes no sense at all!!! I must say I was not expecting this. I don't believe it either, I feel like something else is up. For now we have more waiting :crying:

Also aksed D what he did in his spare time all day????

aww sorry to hear about that....but it is just a bump in the road!! i am sure everyting will be irie :yes::thumbs:

Edited by nannygirl82

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I get sick to my stomach as I read my post. Again D say don't worry, Bull%#*

There is nothing you can do now but wait

Your hubby was born 5 years after the alien number was "issued" so that automatically rules out fraud

You've done everything by the book to get him here

(From what I read) you've basically been approved, it's just pending the clear up of this mess with Kingston

It's better to have him here with you and have the interview behind you...no worries my girl

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Rhonda-working 7 days a week in just too much. Do your supervisors work 7 days a week too? Are you working more than 8 hours a day?

I am a supervisor and my employees are working so they think I should be here too. Even if someone else could cover - it makes no sense. I am the only production supervisor on 2nd shift so I will have to be here 7 days a week :ranting: There are 3 supervisors on day shift so they can take turns working the weekends. I have no one to take turns with :angry::crying: Most of my employees work between 10 and 12 hours a day during the week. Luckily, I usually slip out of here after 8 or 9 hours. BUT, I still dont' want to work 7 days a week.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.