Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If anyone is filling for a CR1 here is the next step after you recieve an NOA2. Instead of mailing the form to your hubby and getting a signature you should do this shortcut to save you. Time I saw one person below doing a CR1 and I know Anna will be doing one shortly. Anna I hope your planning for your wedding is going well. Not to soon until you are a married woman. If you follow these shortcuts it will take 4 months to complete your case here is the first one.

Step one when case is assigned at NVC DS 3032 (Choice of Agent)

As the beneficiary, your husband will mail the NVC (NVCINQUIRY@state.gov) and ask NVC to appoint you as his choice of agent. He needs to write down the case number in the subject line. Plus he needs to write down the names, dates of birth of you and him. Also, he needs to provide your complete mailing address so that NVC can mail you all correspondence. There is no need to sign anything, he can just write his name at the end of the email.

REMEMBER one thing: He must email NVC about the choice of agent ONLY AFTER NVC will generate the DS 3032 (Choice of Agent). It takes about 7-14 days for NVC to generate it after you will be assigned a case number. He should also copy you this email so that you have one copy for your record and you will know that the mail is delivered. NVC will reply him with the acceptance of the choice of agent in about 2-10 days. He will not need to send the DS 3032 to NVC. The email will take care of the choice of agent.

Below is what your husband can write (just as an example) NVC:

Write down the case number in the subject line.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, John Doe (date of birth: 01-02-75) is the beneficiary of the following case number: *************. My wife, Jane Doe (date of birth: 01-02-73) is the petitioner of this case.

I would like to appoint my wife, Jane Doe as my choice of agent. All future correspondence should be sent to her to the following address:

Name: Jane Doe

Address: 123 Main St

Chicago, IL 60123

I am also copying this email to her email address. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

John Doe

Jamaica

I hope this helps out any CR1 people out there lurking around from JA. Since it really doesn't seem to be a lot of us married seperated folk doing this application. I will write out the steps I am using for this process on this forum just incase someone needs to find out info to help them along.

One Luv :luv:

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Hi everyone! Just doing my usual check in. I wanted you all to know that i finally posted some updated pics of the kids on our yahoo site so you all can check them out. The boys are almost 21 months now and Makayla is 7 1/2 weeks old. i took the pics about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Makayla already looks older so I guess i'm gonna have to post some more but this will give you guys and ides. Hope you enjoy! ......Oh and although I may not be around much i do think about you and love you all!!!

August 28 2003...Married Ocho Rios Jamaica!

October 22 2003...recieved long form birth certificate

November 10 2003...Filed I-130 at CSC

November 12 2003...I-130 NOA 1

December 14 2003...Filed I-129f

December 17 2003...I-129f NOA 1

February 23 2004...I-129f NOA 2

March 1 2004...NVC recieved case

March 4 2004...NVC sent case to KNG embassy

March 5 2004...received long form birth certificate

March 9 2004...Embassy receives file Yeah!!!

March 9 2004...Kingston Embassy send out packet 3

March 11 2004...received packet 3 in only 4 days!!!!

March 15 2004...applied for police certificate

March 15 2004...medical exam date

March 17 2004...recieved police certificate

March 23 2004...interview ...HE GOT IT!!!!!!!!

April 1 2004...Ricardo flies home

April 2004-July 2005...living life and not concentrating on visa. We decided to go the IR-1 route and our taking our time completiing it

Febraury 9 2005...gave birth to twin boys Jaden and Jalen!

July 25 2005.. applied for US passports

August 25 2005... received passports

August 29 2005...sent visa fee ($335) to NVC via priority mail

September 1 2005...visa fee delivered to NVC

September 7 2005...NVC sends out ds-230 and bio- packet

September 10 2005...recieved ds-230 from NVC

September 14 2005...NVC recieves completed ds-230

October 14 2005...case complete at NVC! yes!!!!!

October 20 2005...case sent to Kingston

December 22 2005...visa granted

Thank you everyone for all the career /job advice :luv: I am going to continue to keep looking - in the little bit of free time I do have :lol: The other problem is I really don't know what I want to be when I grow up :blush::P A lot of jobs sound good in theory, but until you actually do them, who knows? The grass is always greener.........

I wanted you all to know that i finally posted some updated pics of the kids on our yahoo site so you all can check them out.

Oh my gosh, they are just adorable :luv::yes: Makayla is beautiful and the boys are just too cute!! I can't believe they are almost 2 now. What a perfect little family :star:

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
No, you do not have to pay anything to search the jobs.

And that my friends is my 5 mins for today.

No, not too much information :no: I could not figure out how to seach for the jobs in our area, I'll go back and check again.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone! Just doing my usual check in. I wanted you all to know that i finally posted some updated pics of the kids on our yahoo site so you all can check them out. The boys are almost 21 months now and Makayla is 7 1/2 weeks old. i took the pics about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Makayla already looks older so I guess i'm gonna have to post some more but this will give you guys and ides. Hope you enjoy! ......Oh and although I may not be around much i do think about you and love you all!!!

Just too cute!! We love you too!

Elizabeth is that you??? I just saw your pics too on yahoo. I hardly recongnized ya :star:

You go girl ;)

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Timeline

so cute :yes:

Elizabeth is that you??? I just saw your pics too on yahoo. I hardly recongnized ya :star:

You go girl ;)

Wow Elizabeth you are looking good! Ditto

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No, you do not have to pay anything to search the jobs.

And that my friends is my 5 mins for today.

No, not too much information :no: I could not figure out how to seach for the jobs in our area, I'll go back and check again.

This might help with the narms site

http://www.narms.com/jobbank.html

Good morning Yardie fam!!!

I just wanted to check in and say hello. Im sorry that I'm not as present as I used to be but so much is going on right now. I start a new full time job on Monday (day job in advertising) but I'm pleased to report that my photography business has really started picking up so it's taking up most of my free time. Squito is doing quite well. We're counting down to our big Christmas trip to JA! :)

I peeked in on the yahoo group and saw the new pics. Myisha, thanks for posting. Your children are adorable and growing so fast!! Elizabeth, I swear you and I have crossed paths. You look SO familiar :yes::yes::yes: Kelly, I never viewed your wedding pictures until today. The background is breathtaking!! Where was that?

Everyone else, big up yuhself :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Yardie fam!!!

Elizabeth, I swear you and I have crossed paths. You look SO familiar :yes::yes::yes:

Outside Sybils on Flatbush and Church!! :lol:

Good morning. Happy Hump Day.

You are looking great, Elizabeth.

Ok Peeps, you making me blush. Its just a cute picture, not really how I look every day...just ask Henry who sees me au naturale. :whistle: I had on makeup and stuff...but yeah -minus 20lbs did make a wee dent in how I feel so its all good.

oh my gosh! They are so precious I could :crying: . Yeah and Makayla is DIVAlicious. She is adorable.

My, congrats! You have been blessed with a beautiful family!!! Sniff (I choke up easily).

[

You go girl ;)

Elizabeth *runs and hides*

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
If anyone is filling for a CR1 here is the next step after you recieve an NOA2. Instead of mailing the form to your hubby and getting a signature you should do this shortcut to save you. Time I saw one person below doing a CR1 and I know Anna will be doing one shortly. Anna I hope your planning for your wedding is going well. Not to soon until you are a married woman. If you follow these shortcuts it will take 4 months to complete your case here is the first one.

Step one when case is assigned at NVC DS 3032 (Choice of Agent)

As the beneficiary, your husband will mail the NVC (NVCINQUIRY@state.gov) and ask NVC to appoint you as his choice of agent. He needs to write down the case number in the subject line. Plus he needs to write down the names, dates of birth of you and him. Also, he needs to provide your complete mailing address so that NVC can mail you all correspondence. There is no need to sign anything, he can just write his name at the end of the email.

REMEMBER one thing: He must email NVC about the choice of agent ONLY AFTER NVC will generate the DS 3032 (Choice of Agent). It takes about 7-14 days for NVC to generate it after you will be assigned a case number. He should also copy you this email so that you have one copy for your record and you will know that the mail is delivered. NVC will reply him with the acceptance of the choice of agent in about 2-10 days. He will not need to send the DS 3032 to NVC. The email will take care of the choice of agent.

Below is what your husband can write (just as an example) NVC:

Write down the case number in the subject line.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, John Doe (date of birth: 01-02-75) is the beneficiary of the following case number: *************. My wife, Jane Doe (date of birth: 01-02-73) is the petitioner of this case.

I would like to appoint my wife, Jane Doe as my choice of agent. All future correspondence should be sent to her to the following address:

Name: Jane Doe

Address: 123 Main St

Chicago, IL 60123

I am also copying this email to her email address. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

John Doe

Jamaica

I hope this helps out any CR1 people out there lurking around from JA. Since it really doesn't seem to be a lot of us married seperated folk doing this application. I will write out the steps I am using for this process on this forum just incase someone needs to find out info to help them along.

One Luv :luv:

Jax

Thanks Jax. I know I will have questions b/c I already have a few but I can't think about them right now. Way too much to do...

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

I peeked in on the yahoo group and saw the new pics. Myisha, thanks for posting. Your children are adorable and growing so fast!! Elizabeth, I swear you and I have crossed paths. You look SO familiar :yes::yes::yes: Kelly, I never viewed your wedding pictures until today. The background is breathtaking!! Where was that?

We got married at one of the State Parks (Patapsco State Park-Hollofield) here in Maryland, 3 minutes from where we live. It has amazing views overlooking the river down below. It was a beautiful day :)

Timeline
Thanks Jax. I know I will have questions b/c I already have a few but I can't think about them right now. Way too much to do...

I totaly understand with too much going on. How many more days until your big day? I am just posting this information before I forget it. I am getting old and my memory is going :yes::whistle:.

Everyone have a goodnight I am off to Weight Watchers hopefully I lost something this week. I reached my first 5 last week. So only 55 more to go :crying: . This is my toughest battle in life. :devil: or :innocent: these are my two kind of set of friends some rooting for me and some saying eat that argh.

Have a good evening everyone B)

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Everyone have a goodnight I am off to Weight Watchers hopefully I lost something this week. I reached my first 5 last week. So only 55 more to go :crying: . This is my toughest battle in life. :devil: or :innocent: these are my two kind of set of friends some rooting for me and some saying eat that argh.

Have a good evening everyone B)

You can do it Jax :thumbs:

I have to start a program myself. I got a little lax after I moved and the pounds just piled on :(

I just did some shopping this evening and I plan on putting my program in action tomorrow. It takes a while(weeks) my metobolism to kick in but I know that it will if I just stick to it.

Anna, all the best to you and Javon!! (L)(L)

Savanphil man should be coming home today!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.