Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
congrats to texas bound.....damn im soooo nervous. sean did his medical in kingston today and he is doing the no impediment tomorrow 3/14. hey i am a lil bit confused about the I134 and the i864 my mom is my sponsor which of these forms does she need to fill out and which one i fill out.

hi ebonysean, when we had our interview last week, i had taken an i-134 for me and one for my mom because she was the co-sponsor...that is the thing that tripped us up, the lady who interviewed us said that as the co-sponsor, my mom had to fill out the i864 and not the 134...honestly, i would suggest having your co-sponsor fill out both of those forms, just in case...everything i'd read going down there said that the 134 was right, but it turned out to not be the case...today i'm sending him the 864 from my mom and hopefully we'll be alright...also, the co-sponsor must prove citizenship, so we got a birth certificate from my mom as well...the lady at the embassy said a copy of her passport would work, too...if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
My wife got her green card yesterday. 4 months after arriving in the US and without an interview.

CONGRATS Trini :dance: That was fast! Tony's was 10 months w/ interview - 4 months is super speedy!

Wow speedy congrats Trinilad ;)

Ditto fast. Congrats!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Oh I won't be living there because of her and i will stick to city life I decided. We can always go camping there in the summer.

I'm sorry.....hopefully things will change when he gets here and she gets to know him.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Sorry about that. I don't frequent vj as much as I used to. I will empty my inbox now. Send me your email address ok

Still full!!

Darn it lol!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
congrats to texas bound.....damn im soooo nervous. sean did his medical in kingston today and he is doing the no impediment tomorrow 3/14. hey i am a lil bit confused about the I134 and the i864 my mom is my sponsor which of these forms does she need to fill out and which one i fill out.

hi ebonysean, when we had our interview last week, i had taken an i-134 for me and one for my mom because she was the co-sponsor...that is the thing that tripped us up, the lady who interviewed us said that as the co-sponsor, my mom had to fill out the i864 and not the 134...honestly, i would suggest having your co-sponsor fill out both of those forms, just in case...everything i'd read going down there said that the 134 was right, but it turned out to not be the case...today i'm sending him the 864 from my mom and hopefully we'll be alright...also, the co-sponsor must prove citizenship, so we got a birth certificate from my mom as well...the lady at the embassy said a copy of her passport would work, too...if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

hhhmmm...guess you didn't read my post about my interview....

Timeline
I decided on that house. My granny and I went to look at it today. It's a special gem. I really could see us not living there. My granny lives 10 minutes away and I couldn't live that close to her. She is so against our marriage. Divorce is what she says will become of us. We aren't like my parents she said who have been married for 35 years. She asked why isn't he here yet shouldn't he be. You have been waiting since you got married and he could try a little hard to be here with you. If he loved you he be here now. I said the visa takes a while. Right now the negativity makes me not want to live next to her. A bad in law for us would spell bad news. She was negative about helping full fill his dream of college and told me he should pay and let him go into debt. This small minded woman has left a bad taste in my mouth. Do you guys run into these type of family members? :angry:

Jax, my family ESPECIALLy my parents will never support my relationship with Craig....ever!! He's been here since June of last year and we live less than 5 miles from my parents and they STILL have NO CLUE about my relationship.....nor do they ever ever ask. I'm not "that" close with them, never have been BUT....if and when they do find out.....or lordy, it will be reeeeeally reaaaally bad. I just think of how it will affect my son. For me, I've dealt with their BS prejudice-ness my entire life and I will never change how *they* feel and trust me, your granny will never change either and you won't be able to see it any other way. The reason why Mindy, you and myself (if there are any others, please speak up)....but since we are caucasian and the other is black/brown....THAT is still, unfortunately not "accepted". I'm "not allowed" to bring black people down to my Uncle's beach house !!!! soooo, I don't go there anymore, ever!!

The absolute ONLY support I've had are the friends that I have met on this site !!! I can't even talk about Craig with my best/close friends. I've lost a close relationship with one of my cousins, sucks....but that's life and we deal with it the best that we can. Folks that are not in this type of situation/relationship will never ever ever "understand"!!

We all here for support !!

Kelly

We all here for support !!

Amen to that Sister!!! :energetic:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I decided on that house. My granny and I went to look at it today. It's a special gem. I really could see us not living there. My granny lives 10 minutes away and I couldn't live that close to her. She is so against our marriage. Divorce is what she says will become of us. We aren't like my parents she said who have been married for 35 years. She asked why isn't he here yet shouldn't he be. You have been waiting since you got married and he could try a little hard to be here with you. If he loved you he be here now. I said the visa takes a while. Right now the negativity makes me not want to live next to her. A bad in law for us would spell bad news. She was negative about helping full fill his dream of college and told me he should pay and let him go into debt. This small minded woman has left a bad taste in my mouth. Do you guys run into these type of family members? :angry:

Girl all the time, but it's mostly my extended family!! Why do think only four ppl know we're married.... :whistle: My parents (esp my mom) supports me but even she don't have a clue. I just can't be bothered w/all the negativity like we did while going thru the K1. When we got denied everyone was praising for joy so since then it's been just us. Once he arrives and we have our little ceremony THEN everyone will know but until then it's a secret.... ;) I'm a very private person so I don't open to most. I come to this thread all the time for the support b/c we are all on the same page. W/o you guys I don't know where I would have been...I probably would have lost faith in this process a long time ago.

Sorry double post

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

I've had family difficulties as well. Luckily everyone is trying really to understand my life and accept my husband. We recently moved far from anyone that we know. Not to get away from them but to start fresh. It's a good feeling. We left alot of support behind which was difficult but change is a good thing sometimes. We are enjoying our new life in North Carolina and know it was the best decision for us.

Know yourself and you will make good choices. Follow your heart.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hello everyone,

It is very difficult for other people to understand what we are doing and why we are doing it. I dont get so much of the prejudice stuff (I am white too) but the age difference and the different culture thing is a problem for some people. So many people have doubts about whether or not it is "real love" of an opportunity. That why this site is a gift. Only WE understand.

Continuation of our saga: I wrote the embassy today and they actually wrote back, miracle. The letter about the embassy doctor was just about immunizations and he is fully immunized so we are okay there BUT .. we are being "di****ed around" by the Registra General's office. We ordered the no-impediment back in the beginning of February, if you are a religious reader of the thread you know what we had to go through to get it in time for the last interview. His name was spelled wrong and so we had to request a new one that was supposed to be couriered to Ricardo last week. Now no one knows where it is and I am beaten. The courier says they dont have it. The Registra General's office said they sent it out. If we cant get it by next week I will have to cancel my flight. I will not go down there again unprepared, do to no fault or ours, and be turned away again. I am trying to get an answer but the clock is ticking. I will definately let you know how it turns out...... :(

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Sonshyne - Safe flight and good luck on the interview :dance: :dance:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks I am leaving tonight :yes: I'll be in contact as soon as I can after the interview.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks I am leaving tonight :yes: I'll be in contact as soon as I can after the interview.

Good luck :thumbs: Safe travels.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.