Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Welcome Ricardo :)

Jill-always thinking of you and your family-hoping you can find some relief and a real cure for your medical and mental anguish (F)

Good morning to all!

Darlene are you ready for Bert?

Jax and all traveling home-safe travels.

The new year is almost here and I'm hoping for a healthy year; my goal is to do everything I can in my power to maintain or improve my health. I hope everyone's year is filled with family, love, health, and prosperity! For those that had a rough year I hope 2007 is better for ya!

Take care,

Michele (F)

Thanks for the welcome1 :)

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy New Year everyone!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy New Year Yardies!

To everyone - I wish you all a blessed and prosperous 2007!

Ricardo - Welcome :yes:

Jax - Glad to hear that hubby is doing better

Jill - I too hope that Lake can find something back home to help with your ailments. My prayers go out to you two

Anna - Congrats on moving one step closer in your process :dance:

Those with February 2007 interview dates - Congrats, and take this time to make sure you have everything needed to get an approval ;)

Darlene - Your man will be here before you know it (L)

Denden - My apologies - Internet has been down, we're preparing to move this upcoming Saturday and hubby has been working mad hours the past few weeks :blush: I hope we have another chance to link when life isn't so hectic

Putting APB out for Elizabethnhenry, Mrs. Parker, Julie and Michael, and all the others that we haven't seen in a while. Hope you're all doing okay!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Happy New Year everyone!

Well, boy howdy! We got 8 inches of snow today and I am mad at Lake I think for not being here to help shovel! Grrrr! We had two foot drifts, my goodness. Sis got too cold and came in crying cuz she got so cold. Scared me to death cuz I thot she had cut her finger off or something with the snow blower, but the silly girl went out in a light jacket and it took two hours. I tried to help get stuff gathered up, like helping mix and pour the gas (we always have the roughest time with that stupid two stroke gas mix), she did it cuz she said I was probably not strong enuff, but I didnt even notice what she was wearing. And since HE KNEW, but we didnt know where the 2-stroke oil was, the extension cord was, the heavy gloves were, etc...I think I shall be a lil miffed next time he calls. Shouldnt he have had all that laid out for us, just in case? Grrrr! I mean ya KNOW its gonna snow if your gonna be gone for 6 weeks.

So Just venting, lol. I spent my New Years eve behind the tv. :blink: I bot a new dvd/cassette combo and was trying to hook it up. I had so many cords coming and going and had to have a flashlight, it woulda been a great pic, then I had to have mom or sis watch and see "if this worked" or "that worked". It was hilarious. First of all, all I could get was black and white, but everything else was great. Then I got sound, but no picture. Then I got picture but no sound. And I swear to you I followed directions to the letter!!! 3 hours later and now everyone is too tired to watch a movie! I finally got it tho!!! In the end, I had it hooked up exactly like the directions said, but I SWEAR to you, it didnt work the FIRST time....I swear! A lil confounded here but satisfied we got it working! We bot one for Lake to take home for his kids, I hope he had as much fun hooking HIS up and I did here at home! :devil:

Hope everyone is having a great New Years !!!

Hugs

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Timeline

Congrats Anna on starting your journey!!

Jonesie- I hope your move goes smoothly. I still have stuff in boxes from my move in the summer :blush: . We just found out that my company made a serious financial mistake that will cost hundreds of jobs. I may have to move again if I'm one of those who gets laid off :( .

Jill-in the northeast we have had one of the warmest Decembers ever and I have only seen a couple of flurries so far this season. No snow on the horizon either. Can't say I miss shoveling snow though.

Everyone have a great day!!

Michele

Wow, I seriously need to catch up!

Congrats to those who are getting married, been married, and those with interview dates approaching!

Jill ~ My prayers are with you and a cure has to be found!

Ricardo ~ Welcome! This board is an inspiration and it keeps me sane! May it also keep you sane in your process!

To those of you adjusting to having your hunny here, patience, it will all work out!

To those of you waiting as I am, again patience, it is a long road but never give up!

Darlene ~ You must be excited! Heck I am excited for you too!

If I missed anyone I apologize, I am learning everyone though! Of course I need to be more active on here! I've been working at Blockbuster all last week since my other job was closed, I go back to my normal schedule tomorrow! Marlon and I got to talk finally! He called me this morning at 6:30am! We talked for a good 1/2 hour and it was wonderful! He should be getting his divorce decree any day now, as soon as he gets it he will DHL everything to me. SO here's hoping to file in the next 2 weeks! My Christmas was good. My New Years was kinda sad, I miss my mom :crying: But I did watch a lot of episodes of the 4400 :D I am such a scifi geek! lol

So, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

He called me this morning at 6:30am! We talked for a good 1/2 hour and it was wonderful!
I remember those days....seems like just yesterday. Keep the faith -- he will be soon!!
:(
Why the sad face?

Yeah....what's up with that?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Greetings,

I am terrible with computers---how do I join this thread?

Ok, I guess Im on.

Ricardo welcom to the yardies thread!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Since all of you have gone through this I have a question!

What is the LEAST expensive way to send paperwork to Jamaica?

DHL, UPS, FedEx, or regular mail? I don't want to pay TONS of money but I want to make sure it gets there! :unsure:

Priority Global Is 5 dollar to 10 dollars depending on the size of the packet. It takes 5 days to 2 weeks. Global Express is 22 dollars and gets there usually with in 3 to 5 days.

Happy New Year to all!! :D

It's good to be home! My plan was delayed and had to stop in Kingston but made it home in one piece. The Bears totally spoiled my New Years Eve fun!! That was the worst game ever.

All the best in 2007!!!

Jill - I hope you can find something to cure you in the future and get better stay strong!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Since all of you have gone through this I have a question!

What is the LEAST expensive way to send paperwork to Jamaica?

DHL, UPS, FedEx, or regular mail? I don't want to pay TONS of money but I want to make sure it gets there! :unsure:

Nothing is cheap especially if you want it to get there. I sent one document to the Embassy via DHL and it was $38.

Once you know how much the package weights you can call around and get prices.

Mrs. B!

How is hubby's feet doing?

Mrs. B!

How is hubby's feet doing?

WE ARE DONE!!!

He called me this morning at 6:30am! We talked for a good 1/2 hour and it was wonderful!
I remember those days....seems like just yesterday. Keep the faith -- he will be soon!!
:(
Why the sad face?

Yeah....what's up with that?

Maybe Jayandmars sad face was because FutureMrs said that she missed her mom. That's my guess anyways.

FutureMrs-holidays are always difficult when you're missing deceased loved ones. I miss my mom too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.