Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

On a good note........we received notice that we have our AOS interview on December 7, 2006
Congrats :thumbs: That was fast.
Yeah Kim, that was really fast!! Congratulations :dance: :dance: And remember, nothing with this process is normal :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everyone!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Shemanya it was good to finally meet! Good luck to those of you who have interviews this weekend!! I know you'll be fine!!

Nice to finally meet you as well. We'll have to hook up again..with others, of course. Maybe Dru and Ann Taylor can come up.

Good luck to Darlene, Nannygirl and Triniland for upcoming interviewing :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've tried everything to weasel the interview date out of the Embassy--all they'll tell me is that it will be in December and they will mail him a letter. AARRGGHH! I know someone else was waiting for an interview date, too...any news?

Ann

Don't they just make you crazy :wacko:

Maybe they don't have the date yet -- the November dates have already been given out and now they are just waiting for the Decembe batch.....try again closer to November 1st -- I bet they will have the date by then.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel like--are they kidding about mailing a letter? Is it news to them that half the time, no one gets the stuff they mail? I want to be very sure I can be there for the interview, and I'm worried they're going to schedule it too close to Christmas.

Don't they just make you crazy :wacko:

Maybe they don't have the date yet -- the November dates have already been given out and now they are just waiting for the Decembe batch.....try again closer to November 1st -- I bet they will have the date by then.

I was at your point last year at this exact time too! I was so worried that they were going to schedule my interview for December 23, 24 or 26 -- I was sick to my stomach with worry :lol:

So....I know exactly how you feel -- and so will the other four (or five) that called the Embassy for interview dates on November 1st and 2nd last year. All our interviews were scheduled for the first few weeks in December.

If you would have told me this last year -- I would have laughed (and probably cursed) at you -- but, just try to stay calm. You will know the date before you know it!!

Roy did get the letter -- I scheduled his medical for 11/23 and he got the letter about a week before....we were really sweating that one since you need the letter for the medical (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on the AOS interview date Kim!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh Kimone, We need new pics of the boys! :D:P

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
I've tried everything to weasel the interview date out of the Embassy--all they'll tell me is that it will be in December and they will mail him a letter. AARRGGHH! I know someone else was waiting for an interview date, too...any news?

Ann

I'm waiting for an interview date as well....they claimed that they hadn't even received my fiance's DS230 after it had been almost a month! Anyway, a nice lady went ahead (after many, many, minutes) and put him in the schedule to receive a December date, but she said that the notices would be mailed out at the end of the month---WHATEVER!! I don't trust 'em! :no:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Other Timeline
I get fustrated sometimes sending D's daughter's mother money. I know he has to support his daughter, but when I hear her say, "we" depend on the money to be able to eat. It bothers me. I'm like, who are we supporting here? Your daughter or her mother and her family :blink: She was upset cause the debit card went sent them in the mail did not work cause he forgot to activate it.

OHHHHH.......I totally feel you on this!!!! I know that Duane has to support his kids but I get so annoyed when I feel like we are taking care of the whole entire family.....At least his daughters mother works and tries to take care of half the expenses....she also is very understanding and does not complain about money ever!!!! but......."rassclat" sons mother is another story. She sits around all day doing nothing!!!! I try to be supportive but it is hard to hold my tongue sometimes...... :yes::yes:

The majority of the time she doesn't even speak to us(him). She sends messages through the daughter. I'm like for god sake, at least we should be able to have a phone conversation like sane adults.

Henry has no children, but there are family needs.

I swear ladies, we must have the most chewed up tongues (from biting and holding them) :lol::lol:

True :lol:

I hear you on this :yes: Tony has 2 kids by the same woman, and she is constantly bugging him for money :angry: Even right after we brought $300 worth of clothes and shoes down there for them AND took them school shopping and spent another $200, she wanted MORE $$$ Go get a job b****! :ranting:

:lol::thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Good morning!

I am leaving Thursday morning arriving in Kingston at 12:30 our time.

It will be nice when we are in the same time zone as Jamaica.

I have lots of butterflies...........

It will be nice also when JA is one hour behind us :lol:

Best wishes on your flight and interview.

May everyone have wonderful interviews :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Ok ladies (and Trini) - I need advice :(

I am really, really fed up with my job. I'm tired of working almost every weekend, I'm tired of being on all different crazy shifts (in the last year, I've been on 1st shift, 2nd shift, and 3rd shift) and I don't even like my job or the manufacturing industry :crying: I've been casually looking around for other jobs but the problem is that I can't find anything that pays even close to what I make now (not counting the overtime money!). Tony's job is too unstable to rely on his income. He's doing roofing but works outside so they can't work in bad weather - in Michigan that's often :(

I have been at my job for just over 5 years now and I know I would have to start all over again w/ vacation time and all that. I also have really good benefits for me and Tony (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc) and lots of paid holidays and decent amount of vacation days. But the biggest problem is simply the huge pay cut I would have to take. We're talking $20,000 a year or so! :o So, do I just stick it out for now and continue working ALL the time - no social life, no time for friends/family etc. Or do I take a huge pay-cut and take another job and get to work "normal" hours (Mon. thru Fri. 8 to 5 or whatever) ??? :help: I am so stressed out over all this. I did not slave away at college for over 4 years to have this job that I can't stand and work every weekend :angry:

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Ok ladies (and Trini) - I need advice :(

I am really, really fed up with my job. I'm tired of working almost every weekend, I'm tired of being on all different crazy shifts (in the last year, I've been on 1st shift, 2nd shift, and 3rd shift) and I don't even like my job or the manufacturing industry :crying: I've been casually looking around for other jobs but the problem is that I can't find anything that pays even close to what I make now (not counting the overtime money!). Tony's job is too unstable to rely on his income. He's doing roofing but works outside so they can't work in bad weather - in Michigan that's often :(

I have been at my job for just over 5 years now and I know I would have to start all over again w/ vacation time and all that. I also have really good benefits for me and Tony (medical, dental, vision, 401K, etc) and lots of paid holidays and decent amount of vacation days. But the biggest problem is simply the huge pay cut I would have to take. We're talking $20,000 a year or so! :o So, do I just stick it out for now and continue working ALL the time - no social life, no time for friends/family etc. Or do I take a huge pay-cut and take another job and get to work "normal" hours (Mon. thru Fri. 8 to 5 or whatever) ??? :help: I am so stressed out over all this. I did not slave away at college for over 4 years to have this job that I can't stand and work every weekend :angry:

I'm in the same boat as you Rhonda except that I the difference wouldn't be nearly as much as yours. I'm afraid that I would be taking a severe pay cut too and I'm single and don't have any other means of support.

However, I'm updating my resume as we speak.

Can you afford financially to quit? Can you afford mentally not to quit? Has your marriage and other relationships suffered as a result of your working all those hours? Have you asked if you can cut back your hours or do another job at the same place the doesn't demand so much of your time? Can you pay your bills and meet other obigations without the extra $20,000? Also try to estimate your taxes. That extra $20,000 may put you in a higher tax bracket and you may find that a pay cut may not be that severe in you net pay.

If Tony's not working for long stretches of time due to the weather can he collect unemployment or look for temp work during that time? I know here in CT residential builders and crew sometimes don't work for a couple of months in the dead of winter and most will apply for unemployment.

The loss of vacation time and other perks is tough but sometimes we have to do what we have to do to get peace of mind and peace within the family.

If you're that miserable I would continue on that search. Best wishes in whatever you decide.

Best wishes and safe travels to Anna, Darlene, Stephen and Shauna this week and next :thumbs: .

Good morning everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.