norrin

Waiting for Interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought waiting for the petition to be approved was long and stressful. Nothing like waiting two months for the interview, this seems like such a long wait. Worse than waiting for the petition to get approved I think and the closer to the interview date the longer the wait seems haha I am so anxious, nervous but hopeful. Today the hotel in Moscow charged my credit card. Another step closer. Ok just had to vent a little. I'm going crazy have to keep busy. Thanks for letting me share.

Frank

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

At least now you have a date. You know when the interview will happen, even though it's a long time from now. The problem with waiting for NOA2 is that there is no date, and you have no idea how long the wait will be. Never knowing how much longer was excruciating for me... especially as I watched couples being approved who filed after me. Waiting for the interview was a piece of cake...

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

Hey,

It gonna take 2 months for our interview too. I'm freakin out as well waiting for the interview. Good luck! Keep us posted!

Edited by Chris_Жанна

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, waiting for this last part of the process really does suck. BUT, it is better than the wait for NOA2. That could have been 3 months or 3 years (not really). Knowing NOA2 was impending, but not knowing if it would be October or January (or longer) was dreadful. I was really in a funk. But as more and more fellow VJers started getting their interview date in @3 months instead of the official 5 months that was posted on the USCIS website; my attitude changed. And then I got my NOA2 in a little under 3 months.

Everything I had seen showed that after NOA2, it's basically 3 months guaranteed from NVC->Moscow->Interview date. Which I thought would make things easier. It hasn't. I'm really damn tired of waiting. It's killing me to say "Her interview is in 32 days". I want the waiting to be over, damnit. :P

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Interview in 15 days, "sit on plane" in 30 days.

My house is ready, the little one's room is ready, we all are ready.

I'm working OT (pays for more preschool!!!) and we talk every day.

Our typical conversation? "What's new?" "Ahh, Nothing. I Love You" 'I Love You too"

We are all talked out; everything is planned, all documents in hand. We look to begin our new happy life together.

The time will fly by folks. Her friend Evgenia "sits on plane" this Saturday, to Atlanta. Others will follow, we will follow, you will follow.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Very stressful. I am very sour about the whole thing because the wait time got drastically shorter only slightly AFTER I went through it. Then I went through AP. So, people who filed 2 months or longer after me are probably getting interviews before us. We don't even have a date yet. Totally unfair. So, congrats to all of you but I want to get our visa before Xmas too and we have been waiting a really long time! I wanted to vent too.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: Timeline

Our typical conversation? "What's new?" "Ahh, Nothing. I Love You" 'I Love You too"

We are all talked out; everything is planned, all documents in hand. We look to begin our new happy life together.

The time will fly by folks. Her friend Evgenia "sits on plane" this Saturday, to Atlanta. Others will follow, we will follow, you will follow.

Hey! That sounds EXACTLY like my conversation with my gal! Same interview date, same plane flight! Hehehe...

Just trying to relax and let it happen now... (as I bite my figernails down to the nubs of my fingers)

Timeline

I'm excited for you Phil! Final count down time!!!! :dance:

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm excited for you Phil! Final count down time!!!! :dance:

Tnx Chris. You may be able to get her here before Christmas. But remember her official Christmas is actually January 7, so there is still time.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Enjoy the anxious wait while you can. Soon enough you'll be saying, "I wish she'd just fly back to Russia for a few months."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Enjoy the anxious wait while you can. Soon enough you'll be saying, "I wish she'd just fly back to Russia for a few months."

lolololololol...thanks slim......i am flying to pick her up on the 29th.........lololol

NEVER!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking special mental notes on where this post is so I can quote it again sometime in the future.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
10 days and counting for us... to interview... I am jumpy like a fish out of water.

wait until the actual ...our night,her morning of it,marina and i where constantly texting each other,and then when she went in .....it was info black out...........the wait was excruitiating....but relax.....all will be fine in the end.....start pricing plane tickets...lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.