marie007

Going back home

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all;

Last time I posted was me wanting to go home. I have decided, I am. I am from Canada, and something here is not agreeing with me. I had two colds, a severe flu, then an ear infection. The Dr, told me I got some kind of bacteria, from either enviroment ,allergies or it could be atmospheric. I had two job offer, but too sick to work. Married for 3 years, only been here 4 months. I left a 20 year job that I loved, my home all my personal belongings gone. I love my husband, and have ask him to move to Canada, but he can't stand the cold. Reality is he loves his country. I feel hopeless and scared. My family is helping and so is my husband for me to return.

And there are other problems, which my husband and his ex-wife is fighting for child custody of their daughter and that is going to be a war. I should be home in 2 weeks. It will be the hardest 2 weeks. My husband has finally accepted that I need to go. I think back, and you know, marrying someone in another country is risky. But, things happened, doesn't mean it will happen to anyone else. I just wanted to share this and would ask anyone who prays for prayers that it will be fine. I am getting anxious and all at the same time feel an emptyness. I think back of all the money and hard work we both did for me to get here in Missouri. Somethings are not meant to be.

Marie

Filed: Timeline

:( I am so sorry, Marie.

I found the first year here to be the hardest. I was sick for the first few months also. New environment, new bugs, new allergens. The homesickness was horrible. Things started settling down as I adjusted, and now all is well.

If you don't have it in you to give it more of a chance, I understand and wish you well. (F)

iagree.gif

Marie,

I'm so sorry to hear your story. I also got very home sick when I went away to college in another state. Physically ill, just as you did. Moving and leaving behind everything can be very stressful, and that stress can decrease your body's ability to fight things off. I don't think it's that where you are is particularly dangerous, you're just more vulnerable.

I hope you find a place and a situation where you can be at peace.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Marie

Im praying that you have God's peace that calms anxiety and surpasses all understanding, trust Him, He is faithful and all is done according to God's will . I relate to what you are going thru esp when you move to another country. Have you sought some other Doctor's opinion? Sometimes bacteria can be toughtto get rid of. Have you changed medication? Please seek another doctors opinion.

Don't quit , if you love your husband , don't give up. perserve , God did not give us a spirit of fear or timidity but of Love and power. There times life is rough , things seem to be at a stand -still but have faith that God is with you. You may not have family around you,but God is with you wherever you Go. The devil attacks our confidence through our emotions , once our confidence is contaminated it brings fear and self deception.

You can make it Marie, Be positive, im sure once you get treatment all will be fine. May be you can plan on visiting your family too to feel better.But don't quit for Jesus did not quit on the cross, He paid for our sins - It was finished , let the devil not lie to you that you are hopeless. God loves you , Trust HIm , He is faithful.

Have a Blessed day and count your blessing Marie,

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Sorry to hear about your stress and illness.

I've also been through bouts of homesickness since coming to the states. I've been getting headaches too but I've put that down to not getting enough sunlight as I was used to walking about in my country and here I'm often cooped up inside while my husband works; and also not eating right as (strangely) I was bored and couldn't motivate myself to eat properly. So we've taken extra measures to get me out every day and eating fruit and veg. I've also recently been approved to work and travel which has brought me to the light that has been at the end of the tunnel. Seeing my loved ones again and gaining independence over here. Perhaps this can open up new doors for you too, though I'm sure you've battled with this for a long time and have made up your mind.

I hope you find some comfort soon and that you settle back into Canada well. Keep in touch.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.