Misty1979

Christmas Presents...whatcha going to buy?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
For once I have TOO many ideas! I'm so excited to go shopping for him!

His birthday is December 30th, so at least I can use my ideas for both occasions!

I know what you mean! He's never been very good at communicating what he wants or needs, so in the past I always had a hard time finding a nice gift without him linking me to something online. The gifts he got from me were always so predictable. Now that we live together its so much easier to notice things he could use or things he would enjoy. This year I have a million ideas.

December 30th is a sweet birthday! Its like having New Years be a 3 day long celebration! :lol:

I totally agree. It's so much easier to see things that me might need or like now that I live with him. I'm excited to start shopping for him!

December 30th is a good date, but kind of sucks because he gets all his gifts combined a lot of the time! I try not to combine, but it's hard not to!

Having a birthday near x-mas really kind of sucks. Mine is on the 27th and my sisters is on x-mas day. I really don't know what I will get Mel yet this year as we are broke atm, and she reads these forums. :lol: My family is and has always been horrible about communicating what we want for x-mas or birthdays. So for the past 6 years or so, we'll either e-mail a link to what we want, or just buy it yourself, and give it to soemone with the receipt to wrap and write a check for. Seriously, my family is that bad at buying gifts on their own. If left to their own devices, I'd probably get pokemon or something like that this year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Brian and I went to Vegas this summer, and learned about this exclusive shirt for Vegas from Tommy Bahama. We were supposed to order it before we left, but it never happened and he was bummed about it. I called up the store about a week ago, ordered it, had them wrap it and ship it to his parent's place. He's spending Christmas with them this year, so it'll be there waiting for him!

Edited by cdn_gewels

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline
December 30th is a good date, but kind of sucks because he gets all his gifts combined a lot of the time! I try not to combine, but it's hard not to!

Having a birthday near x-mas really kind of sucks. Mine is on the 27th and my sisters is on x-mas day.

Oh yeah, I agree...having a birthday near Christmas/NewYears/TheHolidays sucks....

Pepple seem to combine gifts and/or seem to forget your birthday altogether!

And yes, December birthdays people get "short changed or a 2 for 1 deal" there....lol....kind of unfair really...

I know what you mean here, as my birthday is in December too....

Oh I remember how 'Santa Claus' would show up at my birthday parties as a child....Total confusion...lol....

On the bright side, it seems like one continuous celebration with so many things to celebrate....December...'tis the happiest month of all!

Lol....So to those of you who have December birthdays...Happy December Birthday!

May it be extra celebration and unforgetable this year and every year too!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Timeline
Brian and I went to Vegas this summer, and learned about this exclusive shirt for Vegas from Tommy Bahama. We were supposed to order it before we left, but it never happened and he was bummed about it. I called up the store about a week ago, ordered it, had them wrap it and ship it to his parent's place. He's spending Christmas with them this year, so it'll be there waiting for him!

Awwww. That's so sweet. :luv:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Birthday is very near Christmas. My Mom always made it a priority not to combine the two. It was always a separate celebration - no combo gifts, no xmas wrapping on birthday gifts. I like having my Birthday close to Christmas :)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Timeline
My Birthday is very near Christmas. My Mom always made it a priority not to combine the two. It was always a separate celebration - no combo gifts, no xmas wrapping on birthday gifts. I like having my Birthday close to Christmas :)

Trailmix-You come from a very lucky family...:) (sigh, wish I had one of those growing up...oh well....)

Yup, your mom had the priorities there....no combos....! Happy December birthday to you, trailmix!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter is January 3rd and we've never combined it - I don't think she'd like that :)

I had friend when I was younger who's birthday was right before Christmas and she hated getting Bday presents wrapped in Xmas paper!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Christmas was always a HUGE deal at our house, and if you need to know more on that just check out the rude in-laws thread (yay.... ).

Anyhow, I have a special gift picked out for Peachey. But I can't really post that here.

One thing I can tell you is, I'm getting her a GIANT RING pop - for our civil ceremony.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm actually on my second round of P90x, been going since June 1, it's AWESOME and you'll love it :)

As far as the gifts go my wife and I have usually just bought something for both of us over the last few years. Last year we bought ourselves a house so I'm really not sure how we're gonna top that one Lol.

Yeah, that's gonna be a tough one to top!!!

Budget is the key word for Christmas this year! Something thoughtful, but not expensive(for everyone, not just my fiance).

I have not idea what to get....

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline
Christmas was always a HUGE deal at our house, and if you need to know more on that just check out the rude in-laws thread (yay.... ).

Anyhow, I have a special gift picked out for Peachey. But I can't really post that here.

One thing I can tell you is, I'm getting her a GIANT RING pop - for our civil ceremony.

Well played.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Timeline

You know what I hate about the way my husband shops? He can't keep a secret at all, and will hint at what I got. So this year I told him to buy me tegan and sara tickets for when they came to Philly and he did. I figure if I am going to know about it, I might as well tell him exactly what to get me.

So last night I am looking at these knit boots I have wanted online and I am telling him I am going to order them and he frantically goes: "NO DON'T! I THINK SANTA MAY BRING YOU THOSE!"

Errr... there is a million other ways you could have said it yanno? :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You know what I hate about the way my husband shops? He can't keep a secret at all, and will hint at what I got. So this year I told him to buy me tegan and sara tickets for when they came to Philly and he did. I figure if I am going to know about it, I might as well tell him exactly what to get me.

So last night I am looking at these knit boots I have wanted online and I am telling him I am going to order them and he frantically goes: "NO DON'T! I THINK SANTA MAY BRING YOU THOSE!"

Errr... there is a million other ways you could have said it yanno? :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, the Easter bunny is bringing them to you along with your chocolates!!!!

That is so sweet :)

OOOHHH what flavor :lol:

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Timeline

For Christmas my husband's family is getting their own jars of my homemade bbq sauce.... because that's what they've all requested. (They'll get other stuff too. lol. Well, the immediate family will. Not the cousins and stuff.) So I am in the process of making it because I have to have all the gifts ready to bring with us at Thanksgiving since we won't be there for Christmas. Yay.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
For Christmas my husband's family is getting their own jars of my homemade bbq sauce.... because that's what they've all requested. (They'll get other stuff too. lol. Well, the immediate family will. Not the cousins and stuff.) So I am in the process of making it because I have to have all the gifts ready to bring with us at Thanksgiving since we won't be there for Christmas. Yay.

Are we using the Canadian ketchup or the non Canadian ketchup hmmmm??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.