Misty1979

Christmas Presents...whatcha going to buy?

52 posts in this topic

I'm not doing much this year.... my money is being spread to too many places right now so I won't have much leftover. My fiancé and I won't be spending it together, but we will be spending New Years together, so that'll be nice :)

Last year though I baked some cookies and sent them to my fiance and his parents with the recipe attached to a little card. They liked them. He topped it though and sent me a homemade Advent Calendar with pictures of he and I behind every flap.... lol It was cute.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We've decided not to get each other anything either as I'm moving down just shortly after the new year, so for belated xmas gifts we get each other :D Thats going to be the best present EVER!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

We have no plans yet.

I'm looking forward to having a very quiet Christmas.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got a PS3 earlier this year, thanks to the help of a friend who traded in some old games, so we could get it at a discount, so our plan was to get Rock Band for each other for Christmas. Well, that same friend found Rock Band 1 for $50 with the microphone, a guitar and the drums and was nice enough to pick it up for us, so now I have no idea what we are going to do. Hell, I don't even know where we will be spending the holiday. And I've never had a full sized tree up at my place since I've had the cats, so it might just be the fiber-optic tree again this year... Maybe....

Edited by redmen99

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For once I have TOO many ideas! I'm so excited to go shopping for him!

His birthday is December 30th, so at least I can use my ideas for both occasions!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This year will be our first Christmas -- in our first house and hopefully, as newlyweds! I am sooo excited!

Anyhow, me and the hunny agreed not to buy presents for each other for holidays/birthdays but rather save the money for a trip sometime during the year. So I have no real gift in mind but I am definitely excited to make some wonderful "Christmas memories" with him. I will force him to make gingerbread ornaments with to hang on our tree and Ill make us a good Christmas day breakfast as we would be spending the holidays with his family this year.

I also really love the ornament idea -- maybe Ill try my hand at making our "first ornament" together. And because I am giving the fiance a scrapbook of four years of memories together for our wedding (hoping for a November nuptial), I cant do that for Christmas. Maybe Ill copy some of the people's ideas and make a homemade calendar. I definitely will be having a lot of free time this December! :lol:

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

His birthday is December 30th, so at least I can use my ideas for both occasions!

I know what you mean! He's never been very good at communicating what he wants or needs, so in the past I always had a hard time finding a nice gift without him linking me to something online. The gifts he got from me were always so predictable. Now that we live together its so much easier to notice things he could use or things he would enjoy. This year I have a million ideas.

December 30th is a sweet birthday! Its like having New Years be a 3 day long celebration! :lol:

Timeline

Can't reveal what Don's getting since he regularly reads VJ!

We'll be at home in VA, we haven't made it home to Canada for Christmas since being married 2 yrs ago - didn't have AP the 1st year and the 2nd year I was working. Even the previous year when we were engaged...we drove down to VA on Christmas Eve day.

We decided early on that we would not be playing the 'whose family gets to have us on Xmas day game ever. We'll be at home for CHristmas and then we'll travel before or after for other family events. It's important to us that we have our own new family traditions and our families respect that I think. My husband's boys come over later in the day and my daughter is already with us and we eat lots of food and vegetate.

This year, we're considering going to see Sherlock Homes during the day since it opens Xmas day.

Present-wise

Older son - monitor + assorted smaller items

youngest son - GPS + assorted smaller items

daughter - no clue, so far a bathrobe

Keeping in mind that we have 17, 18 and 19 yr olds (come January) so fewer(more grown-up) but useful presents are always appreciated

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can post at least part of Spoom's, since he already knows about his "big present" - I got him a GPS for his car, since he'll be driving around in his new town in the next few weeks (hopefully)! I always, always, always overdo Christmas, with him and with my family (and my godchildren). I just love finding stuff people will like and watching their expressions when they open it :D I'm trying to scale back and budget more this year, because our wedding is in January (and because Spoom doesn't like the idea of me taking on a 3rd job just to buy Christmas presents *lol*), but I love buying stuff for my friends/family.

This will be our first Christmas together, and I'm super excited about it - I don't think we'll set up a full tree or anything (kitties love to nom on Christmas trees), just excited to spend Christmas together :) Since he'll have activated his K-1, his parents will have to come here to visit...so we'll spend Christmas with my family this year (our big family gathering is - conveniently - down the stairs and to the right...no shoes/coat required!).

And after Christmas, it's only 29 days til our wedding :dance:

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

I already got varba one gift, and I think I know what else I'm getting him. We're not spending a whole lot on each other since I'll be moving.

I got his mom name for Christmas and she sent me a list.

I got my brother's name in my family and I'm getting him a leather tool belt.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know what you mean! He's never been very good at communicating what he wants or needs, so in the past I always had a hard time finding a nice gift without him linking me to something online. The gifts he got from me were always so predictable. Now that we live together its so much easier to notice things he could use or things he would enjoy. This year I have a million ideas.

December 30th is a sweet birthday! Its like having New Years be a 3 day long celebration! :lol:

I totally agree. It's so much easier to see things that me might need or like now that I live with him. I'm excited to start shopping for him!

December 30th is a good date, but kind of sucks because he gets all his gifts combined a lot of the time! I try not to combine, but it's hard not to!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Hi everyone! I know it's a bit early, but since I'm a huge Christmas fan and thought there's definitely a bunch of others around here like me, I thought it might be neat to share what we're all planning on getting our SO's or little ones for Christmas :)

This will be our first Christmas with a normal, not Charlie-brown-like tiny Christmas tree, so I'm getting pretty stoked about it and have already started shopping. For David, I'm getting him a new keyboard since I sort of accidentally fried his nice new one a couple months ago with coffee; a DVD player since our old one has pretty much stopped working, and possibly this: http://www.extremebodyworkout.com/ as a "together" present because he seen it on tv a few weeks ago and really liked it, which will also give us a way to work out together :)The doggies are like kids to us, so they're getting their own stockings as usual, and I'll probably buy them a new bed and wrap it up to put under the tree.

I'm actually on my second round of P90x, been going since June 1, it's AWESOME and you'll love it :)

As far as the gifts go my wife and I have usually just bought something for both of us over the last few years. Last year we bought ourselves a house so I'm really not sure how we're gonna top that one Lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.