Rongko

On Going Relationship Evidence

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi, everyone.

Just got overly excited for NOA2 that I just received :)

Not sure if anyone post this or not .

Regarding the proof of on going relationship, does the evidence have to come from the beneficiary's side?

So far, we have Skype chat log (from my end with screenshot ), Skype phone log (from my end), Phone bill with text message from my end, Email (from my mailbox snapshot with samples about 3-4 from each month ).

I know my fiancee has made phone call also using her landline , but the landline is not under her name.

Should I take screenshot of her mailbox, skype too?

Also, another question....Assuming that we got the interview in December.

We have an arrangement with local church here to hold the wedding ceremony on June 12, 2010. (Have the reservation receipt)

Do I need to make adjustment and get another receipt from church if we want to get married earlier than that? Assuming the point of Entry is also somewhere in December 2009? Because we want to get married as soon as possible after point of entry.

Thank you for reading this post, everyone :dance:

Edited by Rongko

1. '91-'92 => Elementary School (Classmate w/ my fiancee - Fell in love for the first time)
  2. Nov '06 => Found Fiancee through Friendster
  3. Oct '08 => Visited Fiancee and became couple
  4. Feb '09 => 2nd Visit
  5. Jul 4th '09 => 3rd Visit and Proposed
  6. Aug 5th '09 => I-129F Sent Out
  7. Aug 6th '09 => I-129F Received
  8. Aug 10th '09 => I-129F Check has been cashed.
  9. Aug 12th '09 => NOA1 Received
  10. Oct 28th '09 => NOA2 Received Yay!
  11. Nov 2nd '09 => Received Hard NOA2.
  12. Nov 12th '09 => Called NVC , Finally they received and sent the package :D
  13. Nov 17th '09 => Received email from Jakarta Embassy (Package 3)
  14. Dec 11th '09 => Medical Exam
  15. Dec 15th '09 => Sent email to embassy for interview date
  16. Dec 20th '09=> 4th Visit
  17. Jan 14th '10 => Interview Date :)
  18. Jan 26th '10 => Passport & Visa Received :)
  19. Feb 21st '10 => Los Angeles Point of Entry
  20. Mar 20th '10 => Wedding day
    Adjustment of Status
  21. Apr 26th '10=> Sent out the I-485 Package
  22. Apr 30th '10=> Package Received by USCIS
  23. May 8th '10 => NOA Received from USCIS
  24. May 11th '10 => Received Notification for Biometric on 6/04/2010
  25. June 3rd '10 => Case to local USCIS
  26. June 4th '10 => Biometric
  27. July 9th '10 => EAD approved
  28. July 13th '10 => I-485 Approved
  29. July 20th '10 => Greencard received
    Removing Condition
  30. May 12th '12 => Mailed I-751 Package
  31. May 16th '12 => I-751 Received
  32. June 1st '12 => NOA Received
  33. June 26th '12=> Service Request
  34. June 28th '12=> Received Biometric letter
  35. July 16th '12 => Biometric
  36. Dec 8th '12 => GreenCard received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Doesn't matter what end the evidence comes from just as long as you have a bunch! dont forget pictures , plane ticket stubs etc.

I think you would have to call the church and find out all churches are different. Just remember once she enters you have to marry within the 90days or she has to leave.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thank You, Inky.

We do have bunch of pictures and I'm planning to be there for her interview.

But now I have an airplane ticket booked for December 20th.... just hoping it happens somewhere around there...haha But if not, I'll have to adjust :P

As for the church, I understand about that 90 days rule. I'm asking at Interview stage, does it matter if it shows June 12, 2010 and the interview is done in December? Just wondering if the interviewer would ask if we're going to get married sooner and how come there's no change in reservation. Just a thought.... I know she can answer with she's not going to come to the US until around May 2010 since it's within 6 months of Visa approval.

1. '91-'92 => Elementary School (Classmate w/ my fiancee - Fell in love for the first time)
  4. Feb '09 => 2nd Visit
    Adjustment of Status
    Removing Condition

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Thank You, Inky.

But now I have an airplane ticket booked for December 20th.... just hoping it happens somewhere around there...haha But if not, I'll have to adjust :P

As for the church, I understand about that 90 days rule. I'm asking at Interview stage, does it matter if it shows June 12, 2010 and the interview is done in December? Just wondering if the interviewer would ask if we're going to get married sooner and how come there's no change in reservation. Just a thought.... I know she can answer with she's not going to come to the US until around May 2010 since it's within 6 months of Visa approval.

From my experience on K1 interview: I brought all the evidence my husband (was fiance ) sent to me including the ongoing relationship evidence such as phone bill, chat log and all emails. I also bring my own evidence like phone bills ( the bill is not under my name either) which record all the phone I made to him, emails between me and my husband, and emails between me and his mom and sister and also pictures.

The interviewer only asked when we are going to get married and I answered as soon as I entered US. And that is all. They did not ask me about the reservation or details on the marriage. I think it should be no problem with your reservation.

As for airplane ticket, I suggest do not make any purchase yet until your fiancee receive the visa.

Hope this help. Good luck :star:

AOS ( I-845, I-765, I-131 )

Oct 07 2009 AOS Packet Sent

Oct 23 2009 NOA's Hard Copy Recieved (NOAs Dated Oct 20 2009)

Nov 06 2009 Walk-in Bio Completed ( Original App. Date Nov 19th)

Nov 09 2009 RFE ( Dated 04 Nov'09)

Nov 26 2009 Touch I-845, E-mail Respond to RFE Rcvd. Case Resumed

Nov 27,30 Dec 01,02 2009 Touch I-845

Dec 07 2009 Touch & E-mail AOS Transferred to CSC

Dec 08 2009 Touch I-845, Dec 11 2009 Touch I-845, E-mail AOS Being Processed at CSC & Transfer Notice Received in Mail

Dec 13,14&15 2009 Touch I-845 and 21 2009 Touch I-765 I-131 E-mail EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval Notice Sent

Dec 23&24 2009 Touch I-845 and AP Approval Notice Received in Mail

Dec 28 2009 Touch I-845, I-765, E-mail EAD Card Prod Ordered

Dec 30&31 2009 Touch I-765 and AP&EAD Card Received in Mail

Jan 07 2010 AOS Approved (E-mail & Touch) Notice mailed Welcoming new PR

Jan 08 2010 Email:GC Card Production Ordered

Jan 11 Touch I-845, 12th 2010 Welcome Letter Received in Mail & Email: Approval Notice Sent

Jan 13 2010Touch I-854

Jan 14 2010 GC Received !! Praise Lord !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thank You, Inky.

Nobody can accurately predict whether your fiance will be asked about wedding plans but certainly her answer needs to fit the terms of the visa. Plan accordingly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thank You, Inky.

Why would you include the reservation from the church showing the set date for the ceremony? The presumption for the K-1 visa is that you will marry w/in 90 days of when your foreign fiance(e) enters the US. It is left up to your discretion to determine when to marry, as long as its within those 90 days, you're fine. The question of when the wedding will occur may come up...and the answer of "within 90 days of entry into the US" is sufficient.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Thank you , everyone for the input. :)

4. Feb '09 => 2nd Visit
    Adjustment of Status
    Removing Condition

hey hey.. grats on the NOA2! there will be a lot of action upcoming now lol ...

anyway, i had a bit of struggle only on "proof of engagement" as well... as i was not sure how to show that we communicate regularly - we only used skype to call each other, we dont email on a regular basis, we dont do snail mail...so i printed out receipt payments from paypal for our skype credits(she can bring phone bills / phone records of ur communication), my facebook emails with his mom, a few pictures and the receipts and boarding passes that we had.

the proof of on going relationship can also come from ur side. if u have any gift you have sent her, you may send her the receipts when you bought them.

and also, during my interview, i was asked if he ever sends me money and i only said "just a few times in the past" and then i was asked if i have receipts but i didnt bring them with me. i was advised before that its not a good "frontline" evidence as they might get the impression that money is involved in the relationship. thats about all of the things i brought with me. as long as u are properly documented, then u shoudl be fine. and if neither of u had a previous marriage, then the interview will be a breeze :)

oh and btw, when we got our NOA2, this page was very helpful for me:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow check it out if u havent! ;)

here are the stuff i had to gather before my interview:

- PROOF OF PAYMENT (visa application - for Phils, it was $131, not sure with urs)

- PASSPORT. must have a passport valid for at least six (6) months (benificiary)

- birth certificate (benificiary)

- certificate of no marriage (if never been married) of benifiaciary

- PROOF OF TERMINATION OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE (divorce decree, annulment decree or death certificate, etc.)

- police clearance of all countries lived in since 16 yrs of age (benificiary)

- COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Applicants who have been arrested, charged or convicted of a crime must present copies or transcripts of court or prison records relating to the crime or offense (benificiary)

- evidence of having met within the past 2 years (pictures, his / your boarding pass to visit, receipts while together, etc)

- evidence of engagement (receipts of gifts you bought for each other, emails, snail mails, phone records, photographs

- VISA PHOTOGRAPHS

- medical examination @ accredited hospital in your area (here in the phils, we have to take it at least a week before the interview, that way, if anything goes wrong, there is ample time to make ammendments and the medical exam will be ready for the interview do a lil research, idk about ur place lol XD)

FORMS available for dload at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

DS-156 NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (2 copies)

DS-157 SUPPLEMENTAL NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (2 copies) <- once you pay for the application fee, the bank will give you ONE copy of this form, with the receipt attached and a stamp on the back of it. make sure you keep the receipt attached. this will be one of the 2 copies you will bring with you during the interview.

DS-156K NONIMMIGRANT FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION ( 1 copy )

>>>> EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT <<<<

A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Download Form I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis.

about the evidence of support and your income tax return, it will be asked from during the interview. prepare your ITR, and the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT AND HAVE IT NOTARIZED, FEDEX it to ur fiance. please DONTuse USPS! i had horror stories about it lol XD

i wanna share this to all kids who just got their NOA2.. if i was told of these things when i was at this stage, i would have saved myself from all the cramming i had to go through before the interview XD

;) grats and good luck <3

Edited by Mystic Heart

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.