Third

How was your day today?

451 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thank you so much Sara! I am going to take this all into consideration and get it to him asap. You are right it seems like the were trying to find reasons to refuse him, but he managed to answer every question that was thrown at him. I can't even imagine to tell you some of the questions they asked him about me. Its really insane. :wacko: He got upset when they started asking these nonsense questions about me, but he managed to remain cool. Finally, at the end they managed to say we agree with your relationship and as long as you submit what is required you will be fine. So, that is a good sign. Yeah, I remember that one person on VJ that had a similar situation and she got the visa. So, I guess I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Tonight I am going to call the embassy and ask them exactly what they want. Tomorrow I am calling DOS. I did not sleep all night as this has been a stress on me and my family. :crying:

No his interview was in Mumbai

i dont know why i was thinking it was delhi u have told me so many times that it was Mumbia.......is there any chance u can get the religious decree of divorce?

sara

Yes, but what about the additional evidence. There is nothing more I can submit besides a notarized letter from my parents, and brother and friends. We have already submitted our engagement pictures, letters, snail mail, and emails. What else can they possibly want?

Star

get a notarized statement from your parents and his........included in his should be that they know about ur divorce it seems its going to be an issue with that embassy so better to hit it head on with the statement from his parents..........if you have any phone records of calls together that is more evidence........try to satisfy anything that they could even ask for.........also you urself should call the embassy at once and see if you can get any answers or if they want to interview you since it seems they are asking more from you than is necessary.......what u can do from ur side is what we did with perviz get notarized statement from ur family and also the Islamic divorce decree scan it send it email then send the hard copy to him so that he has it if they want it instead of the scanned copies it allows u to get the required evidences to them faster than sending it three or four days later.........im sorry girl thats all i got i cant think of anything else

sara

My divorce happened in India so I will get that from there.

star i really think it is going to be ok in the end i think he will get his visa just get him those items and it will be finished and you can wait for his plane to arrive :dance:

sara

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
We submitted a notarized statement from my parents already. Now I guess you are right I will have him submit another statement from his parents.

i really think that is what they are waiting for and the islamic degree as well.......dont worry ur almost done

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my day just got a heck of a lot better :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My day was absolutely shitty. An unexpected phone-call from a friend brought some cheer in an otherwise, dreary day.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

thanks :dance: praying it goes better than last year's :yes:

He is home!!!

Timeline

thanks sara :star: husband is running around printing everything as we speak. they only gave us 23 days :lol:

He is home!!!

Timeline
thanks sara :star: husband is running around printing everything as we speak. they only gave us 23 days :lol:

awe well i feel this time around everything is going to be smooth :luv: and your hubby will be here not long after the interview

sara

Timeline

omg i dont know if anyone else lives in oregon but man oh man we had ice rain last night and looking like snow today .........that snow is welcome but that ice rain made our steps so bad even the cat had problems

sara

Timeline

thank you :luv:

we have just had coldness here. a little snow, but it didn't stick.

He is home!!!

Congrats on the interview

Wishing you the best of luck this time around and will keep you in our prayers, always keep a positive attitude, it's in God's hand, everything will be fine, at time we are tested by the almighty, everything in life happen for a reason even though we can't understand it.

God bless!!

Gone but not Forgotten!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.