Ney

Wow, Is this TRUE?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
A pretty good estimate by the attorney I would think. Iran is a T country and security checks will take longer. Don't know where you got the three months from but you wouldn't even get a K1 visa that quick anywhere.

I've never heard of the term, "T country." Can you inform what this means? Thx.

One of the terrorist countries.

Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan I'm sure there are more on the list. If the visa applicant comes from a country on the T list the security checks take much longer.

FYI Pakistan is not in the list,has never been.Instead its in the forefront fighting terrorism for many years.So you can ammend your self-created list and may include a few others if you want.

Being a long time member of many such immigration forums,I can say with conviction and experience that an admin delay or a security check has nothing to do with the applicant from a so-called "T-country".A member from Norway got his visa issuance delayed by 7 months,just because of a security check.Another from Argentina was put on AP delayed by about 5 months.Were these "T-countries"?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Didn't realize there were this many other Iranian filers. I'm really nervous about our interview coming up in December. I keep hearing the staff at the Ankara embassy are really strict and rude. Heck, some of the staff at the Istanbul consulate were kind of rude when I was getting paperwork there before we got married. <_< By the way, I'm doing DCF and you can see in my time-line below that I mailed the packet off in early October and our interview is scheduled for mid-December. I have no idea how long it will take after the interview before he gets his visa. Hopefully, not too long.

im not from iran and neither is my hubby but ill tell u about lawyers!its alllllllllll about the money!point blank! after i first came back to the usa ,, after my marriage, my mother hired an attourney, paid her 3500 up front, the rest was to come later, and this lawyer was so so so so lazzzzzzzzzzy!!!!!!!!! and my husband talk to her on the phone, she got an attitude got angry with him cause he said to her, "youve been paid 3500 and still havent send in the 130 and its been a month now ,,, a turtle could move faster" and she said" coiunt yourself lucky that usa is evennnnnnnnnn allowing egyptians the right to come here! he hung up on her... sje send us a letter dismissing being our lawyer and said it was a misconduct issue,, and that we forfooted, .... not sure how to spell... our refund of the deposit of the money,, soooooooooo noooooooooo lawyers for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dSCDm6.png

sent i-130 10-16-2009

noa1 recieved 10-26-2009

noa2 recieved 2-27-2010. got no rfes thank god!

case completed 4 months 1 week and 4 days

date recieved by nvc 3-10-2010

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :3-17-2010

Return Completed DS-3032 :3-17-2010

Pay I-864 Bill :3-19-2010

Receive I-864 Package 3-19-2010. used nvc shortcuts!

Return I-864 Package 3-27-2010

-- Receive IV Bill : 3-27-2010

-- Pay IV Bill : 3-27-2010

-- Receive Instruction Package :

-- sent iv packet 4-1-2010

-- Case Completed at NVC : 5-7-2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyy!

Date Package Left From NVC :5-11-2010

interview date-6-23-2010

interview results-approveddddddddd! no ap!!! yayayaya skippy!

visa recieved-visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! june 29.2010 6 days after interview!!!

port of entry- j.f.k july 2 2010!

event.png

The attorney is being quite accurate. Iran applicants go through Administrative Processing after the interview in pretty much all cases.

I would be prepared for the long haul, and if you get it sooner, then be very happy. I've been waiting 12 months to have my conditions removed based on marriage, I have submitted all the necessary documents, complied with all the requirments, and today I got a letter in the mail that says my case was denied because they did not recieve the additional information they requested, and I have in my hand the receipt from the USPS confirming the delivery and the name of the person that signed for it.... I have no idea what I will do now... Apparantly I now need to send them another $600 to re-open my case....

I wanted to cry this afternoon...

You should be starting a post in the AOS forum here tennisal. Your situation has nothing to do with this thread. I suspect that they sent you an RFE about the documents you did send them, and you never received it. Please post this question and your circumstances in the Adjustment of Status Forum and there will be many people there that can help assist you!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

ney jan the worse and T country is USA =)) and with all the crime in memphis :D all racist and redneck in embassy and government offices you have to know how to deal and talk with them

i agree with Elham jan and KGH. lawyer = money :D i did everything b myself and this website and nice people like elham and khg and amin jan

yohooooooooooooooo happy today after 15 days =))

Greetings from US Embassy, Ankara,

This is in regards to the K1 visa petition you filed on behalf of *******. We would like to inform you that your approved petition has reached our office. Please click on: http://turkey.usembassy.gov/visa_forms.html to download the “Instructions for K1/K2 visas”. You will not receive a separate paper instruction packet.

Once the necessary documentation and forms are received by our office we will set up a final interview date for your fiancé.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy, Ankara, Turkey

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ankara, Turkey

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-02

NVC Received : 2009-10-09

Consulate Received : 2009-10-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-27

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10-29

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2010-02-25

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

That was good advice from the lawyer. Nothing can make the process move any faster, because it involves someone from Iran. I don't see how the lawyer makes another dollar by passing along this caution. It wasn't necessary to hire a lawyer to begin with, but now there's no reason to get rid of the lawyer anyway.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah, go to the thread on Going Through AP in Islamabad. Some of those guys have been in Administrative Processing for 5-6 or more months. We were all set to go to our interview in Islamabad on Oct 26, but because of the terror threats, we arrived there and lo and behold, after driving for about 6 hours, it was closed. Wouldn't ya know it? No warning, no letter. Just "Sorry, embassy closed today." So we called them and had to reschedule and they have us a date 1 month later. So, we filed our I-130 in March, Filed the I-129f in April, got the letter that the NVC sent it to the Embassy in mid September, sent Packet 3 about a week later. Got the Letter for Interview date Sept 30th, Medical scheduled for Oct 13th. Then.. we just waited. As you can see what happened with the embassy. But, now I am sad, because we went through all this, did all the papers ourselves, didnt use an agent or attorney. I have been in Pakistan with my husband the whole time. We even called USCIS to Expedite the case back in July because of my pregnancy. And now we got an extra month of delay. So, we are hoping, Insha'Allah that because we have a K3 visa that perhaps our AP wont be so long. But who knows? I wouldn't fret that your process to the interview will be long or drawn out. Its the process following the interview that takes time. Thats all I can say. The AP is usually issued according to common names such as "Ali" "Omar" etc. Things that the FBI has on a list of names. Also, evidence provided is another reason. At least, thats what I have gathered from teh Phillipines thread. Most of them got their APs due to lack of Evidence. Keep up your prayers and all will be fine soon, Insha'Allah. Take care and good luck.

~Tara Ahmed

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Timeline

I know the process for the K-1 may be longer for Iran, but we are trying to stay possitive and hope that the visa will come through by summer. The person that applied for the application is my son who is a young American/Iranian male who is a good natured person wih a huge heart and much love to give. His fiancee is an Iranian young lady who is a beautiful young woman with lots of heart and the entire famiy is behind them. We all realize that Iran is not at the top any list for approvals right now, but we also realize these kids are wonderful kids who desire to be together.

I can't wait to see the wonderfully bright future that awiats these two beautiful individuals. But my hopes are sooner than later because as a woman that has been in love wih a man nearly thirty years and has never had to sacrafice so much at the beginning of a realationship (I always was fortunate to have my love near in the begining). , and a mother that wants to see fulfillment and happiness on her childrens faces. I pray for love, happiness, and a quick reunion for my son and this wonderful young lady.

Thank you to all that have posted. I wish you each and every one happiness and love for the rest of your lives.

Thank you all very very much!

Kheily Kheily Mamnoon!!! I will keep my eyes on the portal!!! :thumbs:

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Ney, I wouldn't worry so much. My husband's process, start to finish, with an interview in the UAE was 7 months. He was not put on Administrative processing despite being Iranian, and male and was given his visa next day. Unfortunately it doesn't work the same with everyone, but staying positive is important. I also found that sending in a police certificate or taking on with you to the interview has helped some people avoid AP. With the few interviews for Iranians that have just gone by, even those put on AP were given their visas after about one month. Stay positive, and I would avoid lawyers unless in cases of major complication. Good luck

~M

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Timeline
Where is this Iranian portal I keep hearing about? I'd love to check it out!

Thanks M_n_M as always you are a great comfort.

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

- JW von Goeth

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

09/01/09 NOA1

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

02/22/10 AP

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

Timeline
My son forwarded an email from his attorney to me today, and he is soooooo depressed he doesn't even want to discuss it.

The email says....

"I want you and your fiancee to be prepared for a long processing time. We will do everything we can to minimize the wait, but typical processing is 8 - 12 months according to the U.S. Embassy. Its difficult to know for sure because of the security check process. They won't tell us where they are in the process or how much longer it may take because of national security concerns.

We will be by your side throughout the process, but it will take a lot longer until your fiancee will have her visa and be ready for travel "

Is the attorney trying to prepare my son for the worst or does he know this is about to happen?

What does he mean by "typical processing"? I read approx. 3 months.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

spectheintro, scroll to the top of your webpage and you'll see HOME| FORUMS |PORTALS click PORTALS.

Since you have listed Iran as your fiancee's country it should take you straight to the Iran portal.

Let me know if you have any problems.

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

- JW von Goeth

LAF~

09/01/09 NOA1

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

02/22/10 AP

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.