beakon20

I751 Documents Ready and Couple of Questions

11 posts in this topic

I have the following documents almost ready to submit with the I-751 form, what am I missing?

*Mortgage Statements (one from Sept 2009 and December 2008)

*Copy of health insurance card (showing both names)

*Copy of auto insurance policy (showing both names)

*Copy of note for auto loan from bank (both names)

*Copy of property tax bill 2009 (showing both names)

*Copy of car title (showing both names)

*Bank account statements with both names. (statements from two different banks)

*Pictures of the two of us and family pictures, from 2002 to present.

*2007 & 2008 Joint tax returns.

*I-751 completed and signed.

*Fee

Do I need to include any of this information? I know they already have it from the initial application, but I didn't know if I needed to resend.

*copy of birth certificate.

*copy of passports

*copy of marriage license

The only documents I don't think I have included are any receipts, besides pictures from any vacations because I don't really have anything that I can find. Also, some people were getting affidavits is this required? Here on VJ where instructions are provided they do not list any affidavits in the required evidence.

When combining all of these documents how did everyone assemble them? I was thinking of using one of those project portfolio organizers (binder like) and putting a labeled divider in front of each document (I'm not sure if this would be too much) or instead just send the documents all together without any separation.

I have the following documents almost ready to submit with the I-751 form, what am I missing?

*Fee

* Copy of PR/Green Card (front and back)

All of the above looks pretty good.

Do I need to include any of this information? I know they already have it from the initial application, but I didn't know if I needed to resend.

*copy of passports

None of these 3 are needed.

The only documents I don't think I have included are any receipts, besides pictures from any vacations because I don't really have anything that I can find. Also, some people were getting affidavits is this required? Not required and based on what you've listed above - probably not necessary even. Here on VJ where instructions are provided they do not list any affidavits in the required evidence.

When combining all of these documents how did everyone assemble them? I was thinking of using one of those project portfolio organizers (binder like) and putting a labeled divider in front of each document (I'm not sure if this would be too much Just a bit... :whistle:) or instead just send the documents all together without any separation. We used the 'simple and easy' method; Paper clip(s) for the most part. You can also use the Assembly Guide

Other than that - looks pretty good to these eyes..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

*Fee

*copy of passports

The only documents I don't think I have included are any receipts, besides pictures from any vacations because I don't really have anything that I can find. Also, some people were getting affidavits is this required? Here on VJ where instructions are provided they do not list any affidavits in the required evidence.

When combining all of these documents how did everyone assemble them? I was thinking of using one of those project portfolio organizers (binder like) and putting a labeled divider in front of each document (I'm not sure if this would be too much) or instead just send the documents all together without any separation.

I am in the middle of gathering documents too ( i think am ready to file just waiting for the date 22 NOV )

I found out that you dont have to include the passport ( I did cose i got a new one with our currnet adresse and marriage name in it )

you also have to include a copy of the GC front and back

I dont have a drivers licence so I included my state ID card and husbands DL other then that

I also included mortgage Deed and insurance , life insurance ,pay stubs showing marital status, uttility bills with both our names , some junk mail showing both names and same adresse ,, and some affidavits ( heard its not nessesary but good to have if you think you dont have enough documents )

I didnt include birth cert or marriage cert

I got everything in a binder i put each section in a plastic protecter and labeld

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

I know someone who received RFE for not including W2's with the ITRs... Since my husband is retired and I am not working, we included the 1099s instead. :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline

So what is anyone doing if they efiled their taxes? we used Turbo tax, but technically we don't have any official IRS tax document that says we filed jointly. If someone wanted to, they could fake it in Turbo tax so it doesn't seem worth printing. I wish the IRS sent an official summary of your return back or something.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

You can call the IRS for tax transcripts. They are free and can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks to arrive. This is generally the preferred document to use when submitting tax info. No W2's are necessary if using official transcripts. They come double sided - and there is no security watermark - so feel free to copy them.

To the OP: Your list looks good and Otto and Karin's suggestions are right on the nose. I just wanted to add that when sending bank statements, you don't need to send every month - just a few a year, so show a history of co-mingling over the life of your 2 yr. green card.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

You can call the IRS for tax transcripts. They are free and can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks to arrive. This is generally the preferred document to use when submitting tax info. No W2's are necessary if using official transcripts. They come double sided - and there is no security watermark - so feel free to copy them.

To the OP: Your list looks good and Otto and Karin's suggestions are right on the nose. I just wanted to add that when sending bank statements, you don't need to send every month - just a few a year, so show a history of co-mingling over the life of your 2 yr. green card.

We had efiled and I was not sure about the tax transcripts. I was just going to send copies of what we filed, although it sounds like this is not adequate enough and we need the official IRS tax transcripts. Although I sort of wanted to send all the paperwork out this week, my 90 days before expiry is coming up this week and wanted to get it in early. I guess I can wait a few weeks for the transcripts to arrive.

It shouldn't take so long as a few weeks. Don't worry about the short delay - just get it right the first time :)

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

So what is anyone doing if they efiled their taxes? we used Turbo tax, but technically we don't have any official IRS tax document that says we filed jointly. If someone wanted to, they could fake it in Turbo tax so it doesn't seem worth printing. I wish the IRS sent an official summary of your return back or something.

We e-filed - I reprinted the return (don't know of an e-file method that doesn't let you print a hard copy) and submitted those (no w-2's or other supporting documents; just the return itself).

Timeline

hey udella nice to see you again ;) i did turbo tax too like karin said no need for w2's ,( if you look trough the turbo tax that you print out it has the w2's included , mine did )

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Okay thanks for the input, I revised my list on what I'm sending. See below.

• Two affidavits from friends stating knowledge of our relationship.

• Copy of Joint US Tax Return for years 2007 and 2008.

* Copy of front and back of Permanent Resident Card

• Copy of Bank #1 statements for May, 2008 December 2008, September 2009.

• Copy of Bank #2 statements for April 2009, September 2009

• Copy of mortgage statement for April 2008, August 2009, October 2009.

• Copy of Mortgage Interest Statement (Form 1098) for 2008.

• Copy of joint health insurance card.

• Copy of automobile loan lending note from bank.

• Copy of automobile insurance policy

• Various photos of the two of us.

• Copy of 2009 property tax bill.

*I-751 Form

*Filing Fee

Should I include a copy of the deed for the house? The home was purchased about a year before we were married, so probably almost two years before I got the original GC approval. I think it was included in the original application two years ago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.