DoneWaiting

BRAZIL K1 Process/Experience, Feedback, Concerns, Advise

244 posts in this topic

Thank you! Was checking on those today too, DS 157 kept coming on a super old version. My english is actually good, I'm just having a "brain fart" today with the heat and the good news that made me relax so much! My e-mail inbox is even CLOSED after months kept open whenever I was using the computer!

Now two things:

1) Today I printed some posts and messages and guides, so I can compile a good checklist for myself, maybe a guide to read over again to check if everything is in order etc. Then it came to me the idea: maybe we could eddit the first post of this thread to be a general guide? And keep editing to add stuff and then easier for newcomers? Part of that idea is me searching through the growing pages after that little info I missed. I'll take some time to compile my little checklist and guide, I believe, but let me know if you guys -- and specially "ImWaiting", who started this awesome thread -- like the idea, so I can PM the whole thing and have it posted... or maybe one of you can do it. I offer myself to translate in portuguese too, if you guys think it's interesting.

2) I need some "peace of mind" about co-sponsorship from Rio de Janeiro embassy. Are they alright about it? Do I need anything special or just I-134 and its evidence times two (fiance + co-sponsor which is his mother)?

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Trust me,

You'll be the 12th girl I'm helping on the past 3 months and all of them got the Visa. Can I say something? Take a few days, go celebrate your NOA2. At least, you'll need to wait a month until you need this all. Enjoy your victory and give yourself some time.

:D

And of course, you can count on me.

Beinha

Thank you! Was checking on those today too, DS 157 kept coming on a super old version. My english is actually good, I'm just having a "brain fart" today with the heat and the good news that made me relax so much! My e-mail inbox is even CLOSED after months kept open whenever I was using the computer!

Now two things:

1) Today I printed some posts and messages and guides, so I can compile a good checklist for myself, maybe a guide to read over again to check if everything is in order etc. Then it came to me the idea: maybe we could eddit the first post of this thread to be a general guide? And keep editing to add stuff and then easier for newcomers? Part of that idea is me searching through the growing pages after that little info I missed. I'll take some time to compile my little checklist and guide, I believe, but let me know if you guys -- and specially "ImWaiting", who started this awesome thread -- like the idea, so I can PM the whole thing and have it posted... or maybe one of you can do it. I offer myself to translate in portuguese too, if you guys think it's interesting.

2) I need some "peace of mind" about co-sponsorship from Rio de Janeiro embassy. Are they alright about it? Do I need anything special or just I-134 and its evidence times two (fiance + co-sponsor which is his mother)?

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

Now two things:

I tried in the past and couldn't edit or delete old postings..

My attorney gave me a general list with required documentation, if a co-sponsor is required the list below also applies to each CS.

Affidavit of Support I-134

* Copy of the last income tax filed with W-2 or 1099 Forms [if self-employed]

* Statement from an office from the bank where you have deposits, identifying the following: Date account open, Total Amount deposited for the past year, Present Balance. [Most banks have a pre-formated letter]

* Employment Verification Letter with the following information: Date and nature of employment, Salary Paid, Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

* List of containing serial number and denominations of bonds and named of record owner

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Thank you on the I-134 info, that part is what I know of, though that bank part we just could not get, bank didn't want to give... but since co-sponsor has enough income without the bank info, we won't need it.

I just called NVC today, although super early I gave it a try! What is the normal number of days to wait to call, anyway?

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Thank you on the I-134 info, that part is what I know of, though that bank part we just could not get, bank didn't want to give... but since co-sponsor has enough income without the bank info, we won't need it.

I just called NVC today, although super early I gave it a try! What is the normal number of days to wait to call, anyway?

Some banks are just not so cooperative, but is their duty to provide you with the letter.. But if you think you don’t need it, no need to stress it.. Me on the other hand, I think I am too eccentric about details, lol.. I will make it clear that they are under a fiduciary obligation to provide me with service..

NVC, in my personal case it took about 10 days from the NOA2 for approval and about 15 for confirmation [letter]. My attorney and I received a notice from NVC with my new case # and we used it to directly contact the Embassy to set up the interview.

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Thank you, maybe if I wait for the letter it's much more simple :)

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

The consulate set the date for the interview, it will be on January 21st. Later than what I had hoped but still very nice to think that in Late January she will be here!!!

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

Timeline

It's time to celebrate!!!!!

I'm having a beer here, while I pack my stuff as in one week I'm on my way to San Francisco, so, let me have one more to cheer you guys up!!

Congratulations,

Beinha

Hi Everyone,

The consulate set the date for the interview, it will be on January 21st. Later than what I had hoped but still very nice to think that in Late January she will be here!!!

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

Timeline

I'm having a beer here, while I pack my stuff as in one week I'm on my way to San Francisco, so, let me have one more to cheer you guys up!!

Congratulations,

Beinha

Hi Everyone,

Oh boy, you mean next week I can say to you, welcome to the USA!!!!! :)

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

Timeline

Congratulations,

Beinha

Hi Everyone,

Oh boy, you mean next week I can say to you, welcome to the USA!!!!! :)

Can you believe that? OMG I'm so excited.

And let me tell you... Lu & Keith, I have met her here and we are MSN friends, we are really friends. I could help her a bit and guess what? She bought her ticket for November, 23th, same airport than mine and we'll finally meet in person!!!! We'll say for the rest of our lifes, that we went to USA together.

November, 24th at 1:50 I'll be in San Francisco... it's a dream coming true.

:D:D:D:D:D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Can you believe that? OMG I'm so excited.

And let me tell you... Lu & Keith, I have met her here and we are MSN friends, we are really friends. I could help her a bit and guess what? She bought her ticket for November, 23th, same airport than mine and we'll finally meet in person!!!! We'll say for the rest of our lifes, that we went to USA together.

November, 24th at 1:50 I'll be in San Francisco... it's a dream coming true.

:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, yes, yes!!! :thumbs:

I can't wait either!! Two dreams coming true... Getting to be with my love and meeting my super wonderful friend in person!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

And to all of you guys, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!! (F)

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Wow that is an awesome story!!

Happy for you guys, don't forget to get some pictures taken together =)

Congrats!! And good luck to all of us on the waiting bench!!

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Indeed, wonderful to hear good endings.. My best wishes to all of you already approved.. and for those we are still expecting..

One of the beautiful things about technology is that we can meet people, connect, built friendships, share and continue with a wonderful relationship afterwards without having a single physical view. Some of us may have that opportunity, some of us will never but, the result is the same.. Glad to know you guys.. and I will give you my good news on the 19th, as my fiancée will be interviewing this Thursday.

Blessings to all

Vlad

Edited by ImWaiting

Wife'sTime Line My link

We'll be waiting on the good news, Vlad, don't forget to come by and tell us after celebrating :)

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Timeline
EMBASSY RETURNING PASSPORTS AFTER INTERVIEW

My fiancée belongs to another forum where individuals post their experiences after being interviewed. I think this may help here too.. Hopefully I am not over doing it, but I found myself as stress as she is..

They have been posting delays US Embassy is experiencing in returning the stamped passport to their holders. Apparently, TNT?? is taking a little longer than the normal in returning this document on time back to the embassy consequently, fiancées are having anxiety moments specially if airfare was purchased prior interview. We all know the consequences if you don’t have a stamped passport the day of traveling.. Airfare changes and extra expenses..

If you have not had your interview and not purchased your air ticket, allow enough time specially since the holidays are approaching. If you already have your air bill, and your interview is coming up, find out the fastest way the embassy can authorize your Visa Stamp, even if it means extra cost [R$]

vp

hello! Do you know if there is a way to pay more so that they speed up the authorization of the visa stamp? we have our interview coming up in december and my fiancee already has her plane ticket to come here. Can you pay extra to have them deliver faster?

thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.