DoneWaiting

BRAZIL K1 Process/Experience, Feedback, Concerns, Advise

244 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi Natalia, I will assume you are currently living in Brazil, right? During the interview, my fiancée had the change to interact with a few individuals, couple people were K3/K2.. The interview process was the same, the petitioner on both parties were there. One of them had kids and other none.

Interview consist in verifying the marriage is for the good reasons [just like the K1], the couples there had all their paperwork in order and a lot of documentation to proof the veracity of the relationship.

Hi, thanks for your reply! Yes, I'm currently in Brazil as well as my husband. We've been together for over two year as I was living in the US under a visa. I came back in April and he came on August.

Oh, well... let's hope we can go through this immigration process as smooth as possible.

:)

Thanks!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my medical yesterday. It was the Dr. in Curitiba. If you ever go there, expect a little of running around, the exam is with the Dr., but the blood and x-ray ones are at nearby clinics. There is a vaccine clinic in the city too, but I could not go as I didn't have a car and too close to 6pm (time things close around here, generally). Sooo... I'll be taking the vaccine I need today in my neighbor town, no problem, and sending her the prove of it by fax. All results from the clinics will be sent directly to her, with a tax (which was absurdly expensive considering its at a walking distance), and she'll send it all back to me by "sedex" (safe way to mail stuff in Brazil), the "mystery envelope" and the exams. With a tax too.

In short: all was smooth, but would have been easier if I knew how to drive and had a car. Going by bus (3h trip) and walking / taking cabs is a little more of an effort, but totally doable. I could walk to the clinics nearby, but was a rush since it was too close to their closing times. If you need to go by bus like me, try for an early appointment so you don't go all crazy running around an unknown city like me.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not sure if this will help any of you. My wife called the doctor's offince indicated by Beinha and got an email response from them (below)

RELAÇÃO DOS PROCEDIMENTOS A SEREM REALIZADOS PELOS CANDIDATOS AO VISTO DE IMIGRAÇÃO

Consulado Geral dos EUA / Seção Rio de Janeiro.

CONSULTÓRIO DO DR. JOAQUIM DUARTE SILVA

Médico Credenciado pelo Consulado dos EUA (Rio de Janeiro)

Endereço:

Rua México, 21 / sala 1901-A (Em frente ao Consulado Americano)

tel.: (21) 2533-1311

Documentos necessários para a consulta:

- Passaporte;

- 1 foto 3x4 (recente);

- Se possuir, o No. do Processo ("Case Number").

Obs.: A consulta poderá ser feita até 1 (um) dia antes da entrevista.

Valor da consulta: R$ 200,00 (duzentos reais)

PROCEDIMENTOS:

Exames de sangue:

Necessários para todos os candidatos a partir de 15 anos.

Exames: V.D.R.L. (sífilis) e Anti-H.I.V. l e ll (AIDS)

Só poderá ser feito no Rio de Janeiro. Será feito encaminhamento pelo consultório.

CASO RESIDA NO RIO DE JANEIRO E TENHA PLANO DE SAÚDE, PODERÁ SER FEITO NOS LABORATORIOS:

SÉRGIO FRANCO - somente na filial da rua do Ouvidor, nº 75/8º andar.

LABORATÓRIO LAMINA - somente na filial da rua do Ouvidor, nº 88.

Rx de Tórax:

Necessário para todos os candidatos a partir de 15 anos. Terá que ser impresso na radiografia, o numero do passaporte ou da carteira de identidade.

Laudo Ginecológico:

Necessário a todas as candidatas a partir de 15 anos.

Laudo médico descrevendo o estado das mamas e genitália, que deverá ser fornecido por um ginecologista de sua confiança, em papel timbrado com assinatura e carimbo (c/ registro profissional).

Opção para etendimento no Rio de Janeiro:

Dra. Márcia Grimberg - Ginecologista

Rua Uruguaiana, 10/1701 - Atendimento às 3ªas feiras, das 09:00h até às 17:00h e às 5ª feiras, de 13:00h até as 19:00h - Tel.: 2507 3405.

Vacinas:

Na documentação enviada pelo Consulado dos EUA há uma lista de vacinas que deverão ser tomadas até a entrevista. A indicação de cada uma delas é baseada na faixa etária do candidato e na verificação da carteira de vacinação pelo médico na hora da consulta.

Havendo necessidade de aplicação de alguma vacina, a mesma será providenciada por este consultório.

Vacinas:

TD (Tétano e Difteria) - Faixa etária: a partir de 07 anos

PROCURAR TOMAR NO POSTO DE SAÚDE

Varicela (Catapora) - Caso não tenha tido a doença.

Faixa etária: a partir de 01 ano de idade

R$ 150,00

MMR ( Sarampo + Caxumba + Rubéola)

Faixa etária: de 01 a 52 anos

R$ 70,00

Hepatite B

Faixa etária: de 0 a 19 anos

R$ 70,00

HPV

Faixa etária: de 11 a 26 anos (somente sexo feminino)

R$ 470,00

Meningococcica

Faixa etária: de 11 a 18 anos

R$ 120,00

Pneumonia

Faixa etária: do nascimento a 23 meses e a partir de 65 anos

R$ 70,00

Influenza (Gripe)

Faixa etária: a partir de 50 anos

R$ 70,00

Mais informações estamos à disposição.

Atenciosamente

Luiza / Joice - secretárias do Dr. Joaquim Duarte Silva

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

Other friend of my Fiancee also scheduled appointment with this doctor, she was very pleased with the service.

However, I recommend for all vaccination, test to be done prior visiting the doctor. I think is crucial for those appointments not to be schedule so close to the doctor visit specially if your interview is close to the appointment.

In Brazil you can attent to public clinics and get some if not all your vaccinations for free. The HPV i believe is only needed when you are under 26 years of age, possible the doctor's clinic could confirm this for you. Your blood test has to be done with the lab appointed by the doctor. The GYN can be arranged with any other doctor..

Suggestion: if you are looking to schedule appointments associated with Dr Joaquin.. Schedule your appointment way in advance. dont leave things to close to the interview..

Not sure if this will help any of you. My wife called the doctor's offince indicated by Beinha and got an email response from them (below)

RELAÇÃO DOS PROCEDIMENTOS A SEREM REALIZADOS PELOS CANDIDATOS AO VISTO DE IMIGRAÇÃO

Consulado Geral dos EUA / Seção Rio de Janeiro.

CONSULTÓRIO DO DR. JOAQUIM DUARTE SILVA

Médico Credenciado pelo Consulado dos EUA (Rio de Janeiro)

Endereço:

Rua México, 21 / sala 1901-A (Em frente ao Consulado Americano)

tel.: (21) 2533-1311

Documentos necessários para a consulta:

- Passaporte;

- 1 foto 3x4 (recente);

- Se possuir, o No. do Processo ("Case Number").

Obs.: A consulta poderá ser feita até 1 (um) dia antes da entrevista.

Valor da consulta: R$ 200,00 (duzentos reais)

PROCEDIMENTOS:

Exames de sangue:

Necessários para todos os candidatos a partir de 15 anos.

Exames: V.D.R.L. (sífilis) e Anti-H.I.V. l e ll (AIDS)

Só poderá ser feito no Rio de Janeiro. Será feito encaminhamento pelo consultório.

CASO RESIDA NO RIO DE JANEIRO E TENHA PLANO DE SAÚDE, PODERÁ SER FEITO NOS LABORATORIOS:

SÉRGIO FRANCO - somente na filial da rua do Ouvidor, nº 75/8º andar.

LABORATÓRIO LAMINA - somente na filial da rua do Ouvidor, nº 88.

Rx de Tórax:

Necessário para todos os candidatos a partir de 15 anos. Terá que ser impresso na radiografia, o numero do passaporte ou da carteira de identidade.

Laudo Ginecológico:

Necessário a todas as candidatas a partir de 15 anos.

Laudo médico descrevendo o estado das mamas e genitália, que deverá ser fornecido por um ginecologista de sua confiança, em papel timbrado com assinatura e carimbo (c/ registro profissional).

Opção para etendimento no Rio de Janeiro:

Dra. Márcia Grimberg - Ginecologista

Rua Uruguaiana, 10/1701 - Atendimento às 3ªas feiras, das 09:00h até às 17:00h e às 5ª feiras, de 13:00h até as 19:00h - Tel.: 2507 3405.

Vacinas:

Na documentação enviada pelo Consulado dos EUA há uma lista de vacinas que deverão ser tomadas até a entrevista. A indicação de cada uma delas é baseada na faixa etária do candidato e na verificação da carteira de vacinação pelo médico na hora da consulta.

Havendo necessidade de aplicação de alguma vacina, a mesma será providenciada por este consultório.

Vacinas:

TD (Tétano e Difteria) - Faixa etária: a partir de 07 anos

PROCURAR TOMAR NO POSTO DE SAÚDE

Varicela (Catapora) - Caso não tenha tido a doença.

Faixa etária: a partir de 01 ano de idade

R$ 150,00

MMR ( Sarampo + Caxumba + Rubéola)

Faixa etária: de 01 a 52 anos

R$ 70,00

Hepatite B

Faixa etária: de 0 a 19 anos

R$ 70,00

HPV

Faixa etária: de 11 a 26 anos (somente sexo feminino)

R$ 470,00

Meningococcica

Faixa etária: de 11 a 18 anos

R$ 120,00

Pneumonia

Faixa etária: do nascimento a 23 meses e a partir de 65 anos

R$ 70,00

Influenza (Gripe)

Faixa etária: a partir de 50 anos

R$ 70,00

Mais informações estamos à disposição.

Atenciosamente

Luiza / Joice - secretárias do Dr. Joaquim Duarte Silva

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

ImWaiting is right. The doctor's office actually scheduled her time. They try to keep you at least a couple of weeks prior to your interview. So definately, call ahead!!

Cheers,

Luis

Edited by Luis&Alice

K-1 Visa

AOS

HPV vaccine prices may vary. Mine costed R$400,00, and the doctor I went to said that under age of 26 have to take it. BUT I read some news on USCIS website saying that would change (read it here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=228872)... I didn't want to risk though and took it anyway.

I also don't reccomend doing it one day before the interview. Labs may have too many exams, a vaccine might not be found, dr. might have an emergency to attend... MANY reasons that we have no control about could make things go bad.

Any hotel reccomendations from those here who already did the interview? The closer the better for me, but if someone has a bad review on it I might re-think and use a cab.

And another question: do they have a place to keep belongings at the embassy? I know they keep celphones as you guys told here, but my case is a backpack, which is the only thing where my folder with document proofs will fit... would love to be able to take it instead of take it on hand, you know? But I bet I can't enter with a backpack... anyone know if they would accept to keep it on the security check like they do with electronics?

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Timeline

THey removed the requirement, as of yesterday you are no longer required to take the HPV vaccine.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

K-1 Visa

AOS

Ugh, I must have been the last one to take it :bonk:

Oh well, now it's done. Ty for the news though, good to keep it here.

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Good morning all.. thank you again for your input and experiences. Let not stop here, continue bringing yours or other’s experience for the benefit of the community in need... Has been a wonderful journey thus far.

As the holiday season approaches lets continue aiming to the goal not forgetting who our redeemer is. Have a wonderful holiday season, may God Bless you and continue pouring his mercies upon all and your love ones.

Vladimir

Edited by ImWaiting

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Happy holidays to everyone! ^_^

I'll try my best to relax, can't promisse it though...

...and sorry to keep bothering, but any of you could reccomend a hotel in Rio de Janeiro? I plan to stay overnight, wake up early and off to the interview, the closer the better so I don't get stuck on traffic.

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Google for Caxambu Hotel, Flamengo.

Happy holidays to everyone! ^_^

I'll try my best to relax, can't promisse it though...

...and sorry to keep bothering, but any of you could reccomend a hotel in Rio de Janeiro? I plan to stay overnight, wake up early and off to the interview, the closer the better so I don't get stuck on traffic.

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

Some one I know stood on Othon Hotel, 7 minutes walking from Embassy. She said, it was not a 5 Star Hotel but it was safe.

Edited by ImWaiting

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've also heard of other people who stayed there. I'd stay in a safer neighborhood like Copabana in a hotel close to the subway as downtown is very desolate at night, although perfectly ok and safe during the day. If you plan to stay indoors at night it's fine, and if you decide to go out make sure you use a taxi service recommended by the hotel.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Thank you for the answers! I am using google maps to check the closer hotels. If those you guys recomended are full, I'll try some other.

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Timeline

Carolina+James - We stayed in Leblon and took a taxi from our hotel to the embassy. Our interview was on Tuesday, Dec. 15. We left our hotel shortly before 7AM (a little later than we had planned) and arrived at the embassy around 715-720AM...traffic wasn't bad at all. Stood in line for about 10 minutes and then we were in the Embassy. I don't know if our experience is representative of everyone's, but hopefully it's useful information. We stayed in Leblon because I guess it's one of the safest neighborhoods in Rio, although I think it's one of the more expensive neighborhoods and it's not right next to the embassy. Let me know if you have any questions :)

A question for those here who have received the visa and entered the US: What will my fiancee receive in the mail from the embassy now that we've interviewed and been approved for the visa (I think her passport and a sealed packet of documents...?)? To enter the US, does she just need to bring the passport and this packet of documents? Do we need to bring any of our other application materials?

Thanks very much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.