DoneWaiting

BRAZIL K1 Process/Experience, Feedback, Concerns, Advise

244 posts in this topic

Rio de Janeiro Embassy/interview.

So far I been hearing positive results from individuals interviewing in Rio :thumbs: . Besides those "questionable relationships" [consul's personal opinion not mine, just to make it clear], interviews take between 5 minutes to half hour . There are some cases where the consul requires additional information or question to the petitioner. These cases have asked to return the embassy in a later date..

There have been a couple of cases where the visa have been denied but we don’t have specifics why was not approved.

We have a few VJ members interviewing soon, we hope to hear good news from them and some feedback regarding the consul. Best of luck to those VJ members, trusting God has everything under control.

vp

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

thanks for the info. I do hope they still have some times before January, but I seen some of the same posts of interviews in January. Oh well.

I keep hearing good things about the one in Rio too, and like you said we did not get much info in the ones denied.

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

EMBASSY RETURNING PASSPORTS AFTER INTERVIEW

My fiancée belongs to another forum where individuals post their experiences after being interviewed. I think this may help here too.. Hopefully I am not over doing it, but I found myself as stress as she is..

They have been posting delays US Embassy is experiencing in returning the stamped passport to their holders. Apparently, TNT is taking a little more than the normal time to return this document on time back to the embassy consequently fiancées are having anxiety moments specially if airfare was purchased prior interview. We all know the consequences if you don’t have a stamped passport the day of traveling.. Airfare changes and extra expenses..

If you have not had your interview and not purchased your air ticket, allow enough time specially since the holidays are approaching. If you already have your air bill, find out the fastest way the embassy can authorize your Visa Stamp, even if will cost you a couple extra Reais [R$]

Edited by ImWaiting

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

My fiancée belongs to another forum where individuals post their experiences after being interviewed. I think this may help here too.. Hopefully I am not over doing it, but I found myself as stress as she is..

They have been posting delays US Embassy is experiencing in returning the stamped passport to their holders. Apparently, TNT?? is taking a little longer than the normal in returning this document on time back to the embassy consequently, fiancées are having anxiety moments specially if airfare was purchased prior interview. We all know the consequences if you don’t have a stamped passport the day of traveling.. Airfare changes and extra expenses..

If you have not had your interview and not purchased your air ticket, allow enough time specially since the holidays are approaching. If you already have your air bill, and your interview is coming up, find out the fastest way the embassy can authorize your Visa Stamp, even if it means extra cost [R$]

vp

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

They have been posting delays US Embassy is experiencing in returning the stamped passport to their holders. Apparently, TNT?? is taking a little longer than the normal in returning this document on time back to the embassy consequently, fiancées are having anxiety moments specially if airfare was purchased prior interview. We all know the consequences if you don’t have a stamped passport the day of traveling.. Airfare changes and extra expenses..

If you have not had your interview and not purchased your air ticket, allow enough time specially since the holidays are approaching. If you already have your air bill, and your interview is coming up, find out the fastest way the embassy can authorize your Visa Stamp, even if it means extra cost [R$]

vp

Thanks that is very helpful because once the interview is set, I plan to buy the ticket, otherwise it would cost too much.

K-1 Visa

AOS

Timeline

I still havent got my interview set-up, but I saw a package in DHL to the consulate that has not been delivered, I am hoping that it is my packet. Anyway, the reason I came here was to check with you guys about the medical exams. I saw some talk about an x-ray, is that right? also the cost from what I am gathering varies between 250-300 reais, is that right? and finally how long does it take to get the exams back, is it the same day?

K-1 Visa

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I still havent got my interview set-up, but I saw a package in DHL to the consulate that has not been delivered, I am hoping that it is my packet. Anyway, the reason I came here was to check with you guys about the medical exams. I saw some talk about an x-ray, is that right? also the cost from what I am gathering varies between 250-300 reais, is that right? and finally how long does it take to get the exams back, is it the same day?

Hello!!

About the medical:

Dr. Joaquim Duarte - Rio - (21) 2533-1311

It's across the street from the Embassy. They are the best, excellent doctor and assistants.

I had my appointment one day before my interview... Went there at 1PM and at 4PM I had my sealed envelope with blood test and all.

Prices:

Doctor appointment: R$300,00

Blood test: R$150,00

X-Ray: R$20,00

Exames:

He would tell your fiance about the vaccines she is supposed to take in advance, just call them and they would tell her over the telephone. The most common are: Tetanus/Diphtheria , MMR (Sarampo, Caxumba, Rubéola) and if she is under 26 years old, she may need the HPV shot and it costs around R$400,00. He would ask your fiance to have her gynecologist statement about her clinical condition, which is great cause she won't have to go thought those exams there. The clinical exams are: blood pressure, heart beat, height and weight, and several questions.

That's it, it's super easy when you choose this doctor, I was really impressed.

And, if there is any questions.... feel free to ask.

Beinha

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

Timeline

Hello!!

About the medical:

It's across the street from the Embassy. They are the best, excellent doctor and assistants.

I had my appointment one day before my interview... Went there at 1PM and at 4PM I had my sealed envelope with blood test and all.

Prices:

Exames:

He would tell your fiance about the vaccines she is supposed to take in advance, just call them and they would tell her over the telephone. The most common are: Tetanus/Diphtheria , MMR (Sarampo, Caxumba, Rubéola) and if she is under 26 years old, she may need the HPV shot and it costs around R$400,00. He would ask your fiance to have her gynecologist statement about her clinical condition, which is great cause she won't have to go thought those exams there. The clinical exams are: blood pressure, heart beat, height and weight, and several questions.

Beinha

Cool, thanks I think she will go to the same doctor then, sounds very reasonable. As soon as we know the date of the interview, I think we will be ready. Did you make the appointment way ahead of time? Thanks again for this info, this helps a lot!!!

K-1 Visa

AOS

Timeline

Hello!!

About the medical:

Prices:

Exames:

Beinha

Cool, thanks I think she will go to the same doctor then, sounds very reasonable. As soon as we know the date of the interview, I think we will be ready. Did you make the appointment way ahead of time? Thanks again for this info, this helps a lot!!!

Hi there,

I'm glad it helps and you are welcome ;)

As far as I remember I called them as soon as I got my NOA2 cause I had no clue about the doctor and everything. May I suggest you to do the same, call in advance to know about the vaccines and all, and call them back when you receive your interview date. Probably she will talk with Joice, tell her that you choose them cause I said so, she would laugh, cause we had some fun there, while we wait, they are such nice people.

Beinha

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

Police Reports [Criminal Background]

General Requirements: http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/pdfs/Listdocs_fiancees07.pdf

As you may know, the stress of getting documentation in order prior interview is nerve-racking, especially if you wait for the last minute or if complications or delays arrive during the process.

There are two type of reports to be obtained

• State Policy Report [sP]

• Federal Policy Report [FP]

It doesn’t make any sense to obtain a SP if you have a FP report but, US Embassy required both. But wait, one extra step on behalf of the US Embassy, you will need a State Policy Report for every city you lived for more than 6 month since you were 16 year of age [yes, that is completely preposterous]

The State Police Reports can be obtain online for your current city you are living. The Federal Police can only be obtained personally and directly at station.

The controversial topic starts whether or not these reports need to be validated/notarized. The FP needs to be validated or notarized, the SP Certificate doesn’t. But It is up to the petitioner to go thought this extra step validating the State Police Report. Since it was so confusing and too many and different information, we contacted the embassy and my fiancée has an email from the embassy advising the requirements for these records. She will attached it to the reports to avoid any possible “mis-understandings”, she notarized the FPR but not the SPR.

Federal Police Records are not given to the petitioner the same day and normally takes 10 or more days, but if the police officer feels like working that day, maybe you will get lucky.. If you find the police officer in a good mood you may walk out of the station with the report. My fiancée was given 20 days to obtain her record.. thank God she knows people and was able to get it faster.

PS – I am not an expert nor I claim my comments are the way to go, I am just giving my experience in this matter.. [well, my fiancée’s experiences lol]

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

General Requirements: http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/pdfs/Listdocs_fiancees07.pdf

As you may know, the stress of getting documentation in order prior interview is nerve-racking, especially if you wait for the last minute or if complications or delays arrive during the process.

It doesn't make any sense to obtain a SP if you have a FP report but, US Embassy required both. But wait, one extra step on behalf of the US Embassy, you will need a State Policy Report for every city you lived for more than 6 month since you were 16 year of age [yes, that is completely preposterous]

---> Actually it does make sense as the jurisdiction are different. My cousin is a Judge and her husband is a prosecutor, they explain that to me. It's probably something about our law system ;)

The State Police Reports can be obtain online for your current city you are living. The Federal Police can only be obtained personally and directly at station.

The controversial topic starts whether or not these reports need to be validated/notarized. The FP needs to be validated or notarized, the SP Certificate doesn't. But It is up to the petitioner to go thought this extra step validating the State Police Report. Since it was so confusing and too many and different information, we contacted the embassy and my fiancée has an email from the embassy advising the requirements for these records. She will attached it to the reports to avoid any possible "mis-understandings", she notarized the FPR but not the SPR.

---> There is no need to notorized both. I got my Visa on October, 15th and I asked this directly to the Consul, Luciana just got her Visa today and same experience. They just keep the copy and give you back the original.

Federal Police Records are not given to the petitioner the same day and normally takes 10 or more days, but if the police officer feels like working that day, maybe you will get lucky.. If you find the police officer in a good mood you may walk out of the station with the report. My fiancée was given 20 days to obtain her record.. thank God she knows people and was able to get it faster.

---> You can get your Federal Police Certificate online, and if so there is a need to validate it online also: http://www.dpf.gov.br/ --- At the main page there is: seta_links4.gif Certidão de Antecedentes Criminais novo2.gif

PS – I am not an expert nor I claim my comments are the way to go, I am just giving my experience in this matter.. [well, my fiancée's experiences lol]

---> I think its all about the "just in case" point of view as each experience is unique and seems like there is no rule that works 100%.

Timeline

It doesn't make any sense to obtain a SP if you have a FP report but, US Embassy required both. But wait, one extra step on behalf of the US Embassy, you will need a State Policy Report for every city you lived for more than 6 month since you were 16 year of age [yes, that is completely preposterous]

---> Actually it does make sense as the jurisdiction are different. My cousin is a Judge and her husband is a prosecutor, they explain that to me. It's probably something about our law system ;)

The controversial topic starts whether or not these reports need to be validated/notarized. The FP needs to be validated or notarized, the SP Certificate doesn't. But It is up to the petitioner to go thought this extra step validating the State Police Report. Since it was so confusing and too many and different information, we contacted the embassy and my fiancée has an email from the embassy advising the requirements for these records. She will attached it to the reports to avoid any possible "mis-understandings", she notarized the FPR but not the SPR.

---> There is no need to notorized both. I got my Visa on October, 15th and I asked this directly to the Consul, Luciana just got her Visa today and same experience. They just keep the copy and give you back the original.

---> You can get your Federal Police Certificate online, and if so there is a need to validate it online also: http://www.dpf.gov.br/ --- At the main page there is: seta_links4.gif Certidão de Antecedentes Criminais novo2.gif

PS – I am not an expert nor I claim my comments are the way to go, I am just giving my experience in this matter.. [well, my fiancée's experiences lol]

---> I think its all about the "just in case" point of view as each experience is unique and seems like there is no rule that works 100%.

I am glad you two are here to give some guidance. I just got the certificate for the federal online, it was quite easy to do. The state one is the one I am more worried about.

K-1 Visa

AOS

I am glad we can help.. :thumbs:

I quote [beinha] :star:

"I think its all about the "just in case" point of view as each experience is unique and seems like there is no rule that works 100%"

Buzz at anytime you feel anxious or concern.. wait let me take that back :unsure: , because if you feeling the way my fiancée is feeling, we will be in trouble, LOL..

Take Care

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

You're funny!

You know what? As soon at it is over for you guys, we all should laugh out loud and said together: we got it, we helped each other and that's what life is about!! When Luciana, my friend that I have met here at VJ got her Visa today, we celebrate together so dam much.... It was like my own Visa cause we know the good hearts and soul around and you both are, for sure, good ones.

Good luck for you both, I can't wait to see your guys saying "she got it!!"

Beinha

p.s. Lu and I, we are going to USA together on November, 23th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I think its all about the "just in case" point of view as each experience is unique and seems like there is no rule that works 100%"

Buzz at anytime you feel anxious or concern.. wait let me take that back :unsure: , because if you feeling the way my fiancée is feeling, we will be in trouble, LOL..

Take Care

You're funny!

You know what? As soon at it is over for you guys, we all should laugh out loud and said together: we got it, we helped each other and that's what life is about!! When Luciana, my friend that I have met here at VJ got her Visa today, we celebrate together so dam much.... It was like my own Visa cause we know the good hearts and soul around and you both are, for sure, good ones.

Good luck for you both, I can't wait to see your guys saying "she got it!!"

Beinha

p.s. Lu and I, we are going to USA together on November, 23th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care

Oh fantastic, you and Lu are out of this misery.. I can’t wait for my fiancée to tell me I am approved.. My ears are falling of hearing the stress and anxiety.. And is not funny when you are too many miles away. You know, we man make too many faces when women talk and the bad part is, she can't the faces I make when she starts :unsure::blink::wacko::whistle: [j/k]

I pray for traveling mercies for you and Lu as well for the best to Luis&Alice for the upcoming interview and all other VJ members

Wife'sTime Line My link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.