DoneWaiting

BRAZIL K1 Process/Experience, Feedback, Concerns, Advise

244 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Woohoo!! Sounds exciting your 2 weeks in Brazil.

I'm so happy here friends, life is finally great, all I can do is be grateful, can't ask more.

Yesterday I went to the SS Office and the lady said my name is already in the system, and around Dec, 15th I should get my card on the Mail, if no, to go there and she can check it out. Under my name on her computer screen she showed me: Employment Authorized. And she said I may be able to get a job with my temporary stamp (I've got one at JFK airport). So far so good... let's see what life brings me more.

Thank you for your welcome to the USA, it means a lot to me,

Be safe and keep in touch,

Beinha

HI Everyone,

Sorry I did not write for a while. Had a crazy period at work. In a month and a half I will be heading to Brazil. I will stay there for about 2 weeks. Cant wait!!!

By the way Beinha, WELCOME TO THE USA!!!!

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an answer from Rio e-mail, interview will be on February 2nd :)

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

Congratulations!!! Time to celebrate...

:dance:

My life is perfect now, I'm here with my love and everything is great! I feel blessed, thank you God for all your plans, they are way better than I could have ever asked for.

That is great.. now you will feel the time running out very fast. When you less expected you will be expecting the day of departure.

Let us know if you need any help...

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

HI Everyone,

Sorry I did not write for a while. Had a crazy period at work. In a month and a half I will be heading to Brazil. I will stay there for about 2 weeks. Cant wait!!!

I hear you, this season is pretty crazy. I was able to get one day of next week because my baby is arriving from Brazil, otherwise no cigar..

Well, soon you will be able to enjoy some nice sunny hot weather in preparation for the interview and travel.. Best of luck

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Thank you all! And grats on the updates!

Incredibly, right now I have no doubts...

The link with the K-1 instructions from the embassy is so helpful, I got impressed. It says updated on October 09, and the list with the order of documents was updated on november 09. Me and James got happy to read those together, because we saw that we have everything on its way already, all paper gathered or beign sent, medical and police pending, but will be done this month. So I'll have the whole of January as extra time it seems!

Thank you so much for the tip about the e-mail! They answered all my 3 e-mails sent on the same day, the 3rd with the date of the interview. Made me feel safe about sending them questions if I have any too.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats on the Interview date!!!

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
HI Everyone,

I hear you, this season is pretty crazy. I was able to get one day of next week because my baby is arriving from Brazil, otherwise no cigar..

Well, soon you will be able to enjoy some nice sunny hot weather in preparation for the interview and travel.. Best of luck

Cant wait to be in a nice sunny hot weather. I feel bad though, that Alice will be arriving in the US during the coldest period. She will have to bundle up!! hehe

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

Timeline

Hi there... I came from 93 to 40 F and trust me, I can't be happier! Nothing would bother her, the weather, the food, the full time English tv and everything. The only thing that matters would be with you. We can adjust ;)

Enjoy your time in Brazil!!

Beinha

HI Everyone,

Cant wait to be in a nice sunny hot weather. I feel bad though, that Alice will be arriving in the US during the coldest period. She will have to bundle up!! hehe

Hi there... I came from 93 to 40 F and trust me, I can't be happier! Nothing would bother her, the weather, the food, the full time English tv and everything. The only thing that matters would be with you. We can adjust ;)

Enjoy your time in Brazil!!

Beinha

HI Everyone,

So very true! When I visited James last year, I arrived in December, I so didn't care it was freezing outside! Actually, got to see snow for the first time in my life and he was there with me, was a special moment, I woke him up like a kid "loook looook it's SNOW!!"

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

I don’t want to sound selfish, but I am so waiting for her arrival, regardless of the weather. I will be prepared with her winter cloth to avoid the temperature change. Well I guess I am being selfish, I just want her to be here :devil:

Where is everybody going to leave?

I am from New York

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

Hi, friend...

Every man in this world should be as selfish as you are!!! That's not selfish, that's love... :star:

By the way, is freezing in San Francisco right now... my first day with no sun and the fog is all around the bay.

Yesterday I went to the pool to get some sun... go check my profile pictures and see how it was!

haha

Beinha

I don't want to sound selfish, but I am so waiting for her arrival, regardless of the weather. I will be prepared with her winter cloth to avoid the temperature change. Well I guess I am being selfish, I just want her to be here :devil:

Where is everybody going to leave?

I am from New York

Approved folks, could you share what proofs did you take for the interview?

I'll take pictures of us together, letters, copies of the box stamps of gifts sent, flying ticket of my visit to US and e-mails. But the e-mails are mostly from last year, after that we used Skype. I could print Skype logs, but I'd have to copy and glue the history, which is 260 pages. AND, copy and glue could be considered that it takes away the veracity of it all, right? So my idea was: take screenshots (printscreen button and then copy image on paint) of just the call history, which should be much less then 200 pages and should keep the unaltered proof that we call each other everyday (thank God for Skype!). What you guys think? Or am I using already too much proofs? Please share what you guys did.

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

I'll take pictures of us together, letters, copies of the box stamps of gifts sent, flying ticket of my visit to US and e-mails. But the e-mails are mostly from last year, after that we used Skype. I could print Skype logs, but I'd have to copy and glue the history, which is 260 pages. AND, copy and glue could be considered that it takes away the veracity of it all, right? So my idea was: take screenshots (printscreen button and then copy image on paint) of just the call history, which should be much less then 200 pages and should keep the unaltered proof that we call each other everyday (thank God for Skype!). What you guys think? Or am I using already too much proofs? Please share what you guys did.

My Fiancee took with her:

Emails [updated ones], post cards, copy of skype log [dont kill too many trees, lol], new photos [she maid an album], airline tickets, copy of my passport entries, hotel receipts. Very important, pictures of you, your fiancee and your family. the engagement. In our case, the engagement and the family pics were very interested to the CO

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

- 10 pages of printscreen skype history with only the date and titles showing dates from the beggining, middle and current date (it would go for over 500 pages of full history on skype and MSN but it makes just non sense)

- 12 full emails, 4 for each year of relationship

- 10 pages of printscreen from our emails inbox showing the date and titles

- a photo album

- tickets

- passport stamps

And the Consul asked for anything... nothing, no single prove of relationship... none. Same happened with Lu&Keith.

About the printscreen, if you are on a PC, press the printscreen button and paste it on Microsoft Word, it works just fine and I thought it was easier to print out ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.