Kittyfang

Expired picture ID for Biometrics... This might be my last post ever.

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just so you know the actual appointment notice states this in bold print.

1. THIS APPOINTMENT NOTICE

2. PHOTO IDENTIFICATION, MUST BRING PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD/ RESIDENT ALIEN CARD or a passport, drivers license, national ID, military ID, or state issued photo ID. if you appear without proper identification your biometrics will not be taken.

------

College ID cards are not a valid government picture ID. It wont be accepted, you could try anyways tho.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Kittyfang-is your Health Card a government issued ID?

Anybody-what is a "National ID"?Just curious.

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
PS: My Advice, Act Dumb.

That made me laugh a little. I can imagine dying my hair blond (no offense to anyone who has blond hair :) ), and acting all... Barbie like. Maybe they'd let it slide then. :innocent:

Also, thank you to those who linked what the notice says. Really appreciate it. :thumbs:

Now, I'm trying to figure out if those unpaid loans can create a criminal record. I've always thought that loans are a civil matter, not criminal...

Health Card is (Canadian) Government issued, yes.

I don't think that Canada, or Quebec, has any "state ID"... or anything like that. I could be wrong tho.

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Filed: Timeline

2. PHOTO IDENTIFICATION, MUST BRING PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD/ RESIDENT ALIEN CARD or a passport, drivers license, national ID, military ID, or state issued photo ID. if you appear without proper identification your biometrics will not be taken.

Expired IDs will not work in any case. They will not let you past the door. They are -for good reason- quite b1tchy about it.

KF - the way it's looking, you might want to consider going back home, sorting ####### out and applying for the IR-1. Now you know what's involved.

Timeline

Expired IDs will not work in any case. They will not let you past the door. They are -for good reason- quite b1tchy about it.

KF - the way it's looking, you might want to consider going back home, sorting ####### out and applying for the IR-1. Now you know what's involved.

I thought about it. But with the overstay, I'm looking at a 10 year ban. I don't think there's any waiver for that, so I don't think I'd be able to aply for IR-1. :unsure:

Sure wish there was a way to pay a fine instead of a ban, go home and start over from there tho.

Edited by Kittyfang

Adjustment of Status

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

Timeline
Overstays are waiverable - if extreme hardship is proven. In all honesty, scrunch for a lawyer. you case is way too crazy to go at it alone.

You might be right, but I don't think we can prove extreme hardship. Apart from the fact that we don't have much money (and that me being allowed to work would help a lot), there isn't much. My husband's health is fine, we have no children... So, basically, it would just be us telling them we're brokenhearted. :unsure:

I wish they had a "I'm sorry I ####*d up. I would like to go home, try it the correct way... pretty please" kind of waiver. :blush:

Edited by Kittyfang

Adjustment of Status

2006 -------- Met Online

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

:bonk:

Just a cautious note here from me. We may think and feel that they don't look carefully at our IDs but in most Govt issued IDs important dates like expiration etc are in RED. They have been trained and doing this everyday it takes them very little time to match the names, pictures and find the expiration dates on most of the IDs. Not at USCIS but I have seen couple of times at other government places that expired IDs are caught within seconds.

:star: Nothing to discourage you here KittyFang, I would sincerely hope and feel that for BioMetrics they would be just interested in your picture ID not the expiration date. As far as I see my biometrics letter said that you need to bring

PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. Applicants must bring their Permanent Resident Card/Resident Alient Card, or a passport, driver's license, national ID, military ID, or State issued photo ID..... (It seems that if you had any of these even though expired it should be good). :unsure:

But it's still only my feeling, you must confirm it with USCIS, or hope someone in similar situation in the past is on VJ and replies. :unsure:

My good wishes are with you.

rahul

Timeline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturalization N400...

01/16/2015 --- Package Sent

02/18/2015 --- Fingerprints done

=====================================================

Timeline

Just a cautious note here from me. We may think and feel that they don't look carefully at our IDs but in most Govt issued IDs important dates like expiration etc are in RED. They have been trained and doing this everyday it takes them very little time to match the names, pictures and find the expiration dates on most of the IDs. Not at USCIS but I have seen couple of times at other government places that expired IDs are caught within seconds.

:star: Nothing to discourage you here KittyFang, I would sincerely hope and feel that for BioMetrics they would be just interested in your picture ID not the expiration date. As far as I see my biometrics letter said that you need to bring

PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. Applicants must bring their Permanent Resident Card/Resident Alient Card, or a passport, driver's license, national ID, military ID, or State issued photo ID..... (It seems that if you had any of these even though expired it should be good). :unsure:

But it's still only my feeling, you must confirm it with USCIS, or hope someone in similar situation in the past is on VJ and replies. :unsure:

Well, see, that is what I'm thinking. Someone brought a point up earlier. Some people have successfully adjusted their status after being here for a long time (8 years, for example). In 8 years, your passport, or any other ID you had from your home country, has expired... But they still got their GC...

Or they renewed their passport in the mean time.

I really wish someone with expired ID, who went trough Biometrics, would chime in. hehe

Adjustment of Status

2006 -------- Met Online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A national identity card is a portable document, typically a plasticized card with digitally-embedded information, that someone is required or encouraged to carry as a means of confirming their identity.

America does not have this as it is considerd 'violation of privacy' but many countrys do have it, can be helpful in identifying mangled bodys etc lol.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Unless I missed something, apply for your Canadian Passport..I know you were worried about student loans but apply for it. Get your passport so you can work on you AOS and just deal with the calls for your student loans. Once you get your AOS and can go to work, then you can work on the student loans. Try it...what do you have to lose. Good luck.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline

Just a cautious note here from me. We may think and feel that they don't look carefully at our IDs but in most Govt issued IDs important dates like expiration etc are in RED.

That is not quite accurate. My old Massachusetts Driver's License's expiration date was in blue. My current VA driver's license has nothing red on it.

But anyway, like you said the big question is : do they need a valid ID or people could go with an expired one as well?

Kittyfang-I would bring everything for this Bio apppointment: birth certificate, health card and the marriage certificate. I would start showing the Health Card first -the only one that has your picture.

Have you called to find out if you could get the travel document?You might get results.

My N-400 Journey

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

My ROC Journey

My AOS Journey

04-19-10 AOS Approved

Timeline

Just a cautious note here from me. We may think and feel that they don't look carefully at our IDs but in most Govt issued IDs important dates like expiration etc are in RED.

That is not quite accurate. My old Massachusetts Driver's License's expiration date was in blue. My current VA driver's license has nothing red on it.

But anyway, like you said the big question is : do they need a valid ID or people could go with an expired one as well?

Kittyfang-I would bring everything for this Bio apppointment: birth certificate, health card and the marriage certificate. I would start showing the Health Card first -the only one that has your picture.

Have you called to find out if you could get the travel document?You might get results.

As far as I could see, travel document is for permanent resident only. There is a section about who cannot apply and it states that Canadian Citizen cannot apply.

Adjustment of Status

2006 -------- Met Online

Timeline

A national identity card is a portable document, typically a plasticized card with digitally-embedded information, that someone is required or encouraged to carry as a means of confirming their identity.

America does not have this as it is considerd 'violation of privacy' but many countrys do have it, can be helpful in identifying mangled bodys etc lol.

So this Health Card...could it be considered a national ID?

Just trying to help Kittyfang.

My N-400 Journey

My ROC Journey

My AOS Journey

04-19-10 AOS Approved

Timeline
Unless I missed something, apply for your Canadian Passport..I know you were worried about student loans but apply for it. Get your passport so you can work on you AOS and just deal with the calls for your student loans. Once you get your AOS and can go to work, then you can work on the student loans. Try it...what do you have to lose. Good luck.

I agree. Kittyfang, why did you say that you can not get a passport?I do not remember.

Not paying your bills shouldn't get you a "criminal record". There are other things that qualify, but definitely not this.

My N-400 Journey

My ROC Journey

My AOS Journey

04-19-10 AOS Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.