FaK

Desperate for some Canadian Tea in USA

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was feeling kinda homesick missing good ol T.O when I suddenly started craving Timmys and Tetley Orange Pekoe (The real Canadian one) Luckily I have a Timmys can (although its not the same but will have to do for now) BUT can someone please tell me an economical way to get my hands on Tetley?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can actually get it through Amazon.com. I'm sure there are other online retailers who can supply it as well.

Tea lovers rejoice!

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Some stores do carry the Tetley 'British" tea (that is what it says on the packaging) and it is closer to the Canadian Tetley than the American Tetley. It is a little stronger than I remember the Canadian Tetley being but not too bad. You wouldn't think they could do much to change tea, would you, but they do!

Something else you might want to look at - if you can find any pure 'Ceylon" tea - it tastes much closer to the Canadian Tetley than any of the US black or Orange Pekoe teas. It has the same light sweet taste as Tetley's Canadian. I have found that Big Lots and Ross' Dress For Less often carry selections of canned Ceylon Tea bags. I now drink Hedley's or St. Dalfour's or even Nottingham Ceylon tea and used to drink Tetley's all the time in Canada. Aldi's also carries a fairly decent tea - "Benner" orange pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea - it is not as light as the Ceylon teas but quite good all the same.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Thank you everyone for your comments. I do drink Tetleys British blend however for some reason it still doesnt taste the same as Tetley Orange Pekoe. Havent tried Ceylon blend thats next on my list. But thanks again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

that's funny, I was looking for a good tea here, any tea, really that tasted good. So far I settled on the red rose tea from Meijer.

The Lord is my strength and my shield,

My heart trusted in Him and I am helped,

therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

and with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7

Timeline

I love amazon's tea selection and prices are fantastic!

Morning Thunder... mmmmmmmmmm.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline

My sister actually works for a tea wholesaler in Canada. Ceylon tea is actually the best kind of tea to drink. I think it refers to something about it being made in Sri Lanka... I can't remember what she told me. Anyways, I actually prefer Lipton Orange Pekoe here... I'm not sure why, but I just love the flavour.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I drink Twinnings Earl Grey or English Breakfast tea here in the US. I used Kcups because I drink so much tea and I just get sick of putting the kettle on.

I don't know, Sapphire, I think I'd rather lick my dogs bum then drink Lipton tea. It's awful. (but then again, I'm really british so..)

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
I don't know, Sapphire, I think I'd rather lick my dogs bum then drink Lipton tea. It's awful. (but then again, I'm really british so..)

So.. Drawing the obvious conclusion, all british people enjoy licking dogs bums.

:P

Please forgive me, I'm in a weird mood.

I will have to try all these teas, as I can't stand coffee - tea is my morning drink of choice. YUM.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline
I drink Twinnings Earl Grey or English Breakfast tea here in the US. I used Kcups because I drink so much tea and I just get sick of putting the kettle on.

Haha, yeah I admit that tea is not really something I'm picky about. I dislike strong tea that I can smell/taste the spice or flavors. I like it weak and watery, LOL. So not British!! I don't like Earl Grey at all, it's too perfumy to me if that makes sense. I'm sure it's like a non-italian loving Ragu, LOL... I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10 foot pole!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I became addicted when I was visiting Canada and was VERY pleased that my grocery- Publix- carries them.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

I like twinnings as well, English Breakfast, my Husband prefers Earl Grey :thumbs:

Timeline

:rofl: I was dissapointed when I first tried "Tetley" Tea here and realized it wasn't the same at all. So ever since my first trip home, I bring back a jumbo box every few times, it has 350 teabags in it so lasts me quite awhile. It's the only tea I like, Lipton doesn't taste the same to me.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I like lots of different kinds of teas. I go through phases where I'll drink nothing but Stash chai spice, or Tetley Earl Grey, or Rooibos, or Mighty Leaf vanilla bean black tea... Sometimes I'll go through green tea phases. I guess I'm a tea gigolo -- any ol' bag will do. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.