FaK

Desperate for some Canadian Tea in USA

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Iced tea in Canada is often not freshly brewed tea - it is prepared with a mix or is 'ready made' as opposed to here in the US where ice tea - sweetened or unsweetened - is prepared from brewed tea. I actually prefer the iced tea in the South - because of diabetes I need to have unsweetened ice tea and then sweeten it myself with artificial sweetners, and my husband prefers unsweet tea. I generally always have unsweet tea in the fridge - I make it with a mix of 50% black tea and 50% green tea.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I do. I've always had iced tea without sugar. That's how it's commonly served in Houston. If you want to add sugar, that's up to you, but they don't automatically toss it in. Sweetened iced tea is often referred to as "sweet tea" in order to differentiate between the two.

Deadpool, I'm not 5 years old and I'm not THAT foreign. I'm completely aware of what sweet tea is...some times I think you think we are just a bunch of Canadians who have not gotten used to American life at all. I've lived here for 3 years..sweet tea is something I have come across a few times

Okay. I never claimed you were five years old and that you were "THAT foreign." So you know the difference between "sweet tea" and "iced tea." Congratulations. Want a cookie?

I was writing what I know and was used to in the United States. That has no bearing on what you -- or anyone else -- may or may not know.

If you don't like that or feel I was somehow "insulting" you, then that's your problem. I wasn't doing that and I can't be held accountable for however you may interpret my post.

Timeline
I hate iced tea made with powder or any fruit juice made from powder... ugh...

Cosign!

I do. I've always had iced tea without sugar. That's how it's commonly served in Houston. If you want to add sugar, that's up to you, but they don't automatically toss it in. Sweetened iced tea is often referred to as "sweet tea" in order to differentiate between the two.

Deadpool, I'm not 5 years old and I'm not THAT foreign. I'm completely aware of what sweet tea is...some times I think you think we are just a bunch of Canadians who have not gotten used to American life at all. I've lived here for 3 years..sweet tea is something I have come across a few times

Okay. I never claimed you were five years old and that you were "THAT foreign." So you know the difference between "sweet tea" and "iced tea." Congratulations. Want a cookie?

I was writing what I know and was used to in the United States. That has no bearing on what you -- or anyone else -- may or may not know.

If you don't like that or feel I was somehow "insulting" you, then that's your problem. I wasn't doing that and I can't be held accountable for however you may interpret my post.

I'd like a cookie. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I was feeling kinda homesick missing good ol T.O when I suddenly started craving Timmys and Tetley Orange Pekoe (The real Canadian one) Luckily I have a Timmys can (although its not the same but will have to do for now) BUT can someone please tell me an economical way to get my hands on Tetley?

I go to Canada about once a month ... I'll be going there this weekend and next ... sent me a PM and let me know if you'ld like me to pick some up and mail it to you ... I drive back and forth from Cleveland, Ohio

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Timeline

you can taste the powder .. gross... :dead:

I have been meaning to ask you... did you ever buy those Lipton Cold Brew bags?

Cosign!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Oh no way! Powdered Iced Tea is the best! Its super sweet, the way it should be. The brewed stuff down here is yucky. I put like 900 sugars in it :P

Timeline

I love brewed ice tea... I use two of the Lipton cold brew bags for 2 liters of water and then I add about 3/4 cups of sugar and about 1/8 cup of lemon juice.. I find it plenty sweet enough.. I don't really care for the brewed tea you get in restaurants though because like you said it usually isn't sweetened...

I just hate that powdered taste... ugh...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Cosign!

You get TWO chocolate chip cookies. :P

Timeline

Cosign!

YES!! I LOVE THEM SOOO MUCH! Thank you again!

Cosign!

You get TWO chocolate chip cookies. :P

:dance:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Cosign!

YES!! I LOVE THEM SOOO MUCH! Thank you again!

glad you like them :thumbs:

I hated having to boil water and then having to wait for it to cool down etc... those bags are a lifesaver

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

You were telling me what the difference was like I didn't know. I didn't say you called me 5 years old, I asked you not to treat me like a baby.

I think no one has picked a fight with you for awhile over your strong opinions so you got uber defensive.

Cheer up charlie. It's a f*cking internet post. I certainly don't have time in my life to even give a ######.

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

I just plain old don't like iced tea :lol:

I've never tried sweet tea though.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I like the bad stuff, unfortunately. Like the nestea one that comes in the can? :lol: I'm not very picky when it comes to soft drinks. In university I lived off slurpees for awhile.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Since we're now talking iced tea, I suppose I have to admit that as a kid I used to have an addiction to Good Host iced tea. I used to go through a tin of that stuff in a few days. I had a special technique, too -- I used to scoop a few tablespoons into a glass, fill it with water, give it one or two quick stirs, then scoop the sediment off the bottom with a spoon. I swear I used to be half stoned, sitting in front of afternoon cartoons all buzzed out with my glass and spoon.

Maybe once a year or so I pick up a tin and have a few glasses just like that for old time's sake. Here's hoping my wife won't have to perform an intervention some day.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.